|| All Or Nothing SR/AR One Shot ||

Posted: 13 years ago

Here's a shot I wrote way back in like November 2009, but I wrote it with different people and so I wasn't sure who I could use to post it but this seems to work so I hope you guys all enjoy it 😃

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The cold wind whirled around him as he climbed the last step onto the deserted train platform. His eyes stung with tears as he struggled to keep them open in the harsh winds.

His long wool coat shuddered in the wind and he buried his glove covered hands deeper into the pockets trying to keep warm.

There was one solitary figure at the other of the platform, sitting in a shelter and he struggled to walk there. He finally came to the glass door and saw the other figure wearing dark jeans with black boots, shivering.

He raised his hand and opened the glass door, suddenly letting the horrendous cold winds into the platform. His only companion's head jerked up then and Siddhant Modi was blown away by their identity.

"Rid—Riddhima?" Her name came to his lips in a hoarse whisper. As if he had never spoken her name before.

It was unbelievable that this was the same girl he had known from two years ago. Her hair hung limp around her oval face. Her lips pale red. Her eyes looked bloodshot with frozen tears that ran down her face.

Her heart stopped when she saw Sid's weary eyes scan over her disheveled image.  All she could feel was the cold air surrounding them, reminding them of their last meeting two years ago.

She couldn't understand how they could meet after parting ways so horribly. She could still remember the way they had separated. The last words were burned into her memory, haunting her for the rest of her life.

'I can't believe how I fell in love with a wh*** like you...'

"Come in, the cold air is bothering me," Riddhima muttered quietly.

Sid couldn't believe this cold, unchimed voice was his ex wife's'. He quickly stepped into the shelter and shut the glass door behind him, causing an eerie silence to engulf the two of them. Suddenly the shelter that was big enough for 15 grown people felt too small and suffocating.

Never once had either of them believed they'd cross paths. Especially not in an isolated place like this.

Sid took a spot on the bench across her and tried avoiding looking her way. He saw her spin her fingers round and round in her lap keeping her gaze low.

A small smile unknowingly came onto his face and he couldn't wipe it off. Suddenly his eyes saw a shimmering diamond on her left hand and his throat went dry. Narrowing his eyes closer he saw a solitary diamond on her middle finger but her ring finger was bare. He knew where her ring was of course. It was sitting in their home right by a picture from their wedding. A picture he looked at a few times a day.

His hair style had changed, she noted. It wasn't as flattened as she used to remember. A small smile came onto her lips remembering that it was always flat because she would enjoy running her hands through it.

All those memories seemed to be things from yesterday it was hard to believe it had all disappeared with her one mistake.

She could see the distant look in his eyes as he glanced down at his watch. He was repulsed by her and he made no surprise to hide it from her. After everything she had done two years ago she deserved more than this hatred she was getting and she knew it well enough.

She knew she had no excuse for her behavior, but somewhere deep in her heart she had hoped that now two years after the fact, he would have found it in himself to forgive her.

She could still remember the lonely feelings she'd feel day after day while Sid would go off to work. It wasn't that she had nothing better to do in her life, she was an interior designer and so she was usually swamped with work, but there was a part of her at that time that still felt hollow. She felt that something important was missing from her life. That was when Armaan had walked into her life. She could still remember the first time they had met.

[I]She rang the doorbell for the fourth time and turned on the front step to leave when the door opened behind her.

"I'm so sorry!" A breathless male voice said quickly.

Riddhima turned back and saw a guy standing in the doorway wearing black slacks with a light blue shirt and a striped tie hung loosely around his neck. "Armaan Malik?"

"That's me," He smiled sheepishly before tugging at his tie. "I was trying to get it on,"

Riddhima smiled slowly. "That's alright; I would've called back for another appointment if this didn't work out."

"Come on in," Armaan gestured for her to come inside. "I know there are too many boxes everywhere, but that's what I hoped you could help with."

Riddhima smiled as she appraised the house. "The high ceilings are gorgeous and I love the oak floor."

"Thank you," Armaan glanced around the house and cringed. "I'm hope you can help put some personality in it."

Riddhima grinned. "Yeah the white walls can get a bit blah."

Armaan nodded. "I was so thankful to Anjali for telling me about you being a interior designer; she knows how badly I need one."

"Happy to help," Riddhima pulled out a notebook and began thoroughly examining the house. "What color scheme were you thinking Mr. Malik?"

"Please, call me Armaan," He patted down the window seat for her to sit at. "I'm thinking neutral warm colors? To go with the oak?"

Riddhima nodded. "With this design, I've seen a lot of ultra modern or contemporary designed houses, what would you prefer?"

"What would you suggest?"

She smiled. "My personal opinion lies in contemporary just because if you do ever decide to sell, the house will be easier for others to imagine themselves in. If you go modern, you'll use stark colors and make the house YOUR way,"

Armaan nodded appreciatingly. "I'm going to learn a lot in this process aren't I?"

Riddhima laughed. "I hope so,"

The two of them met on various more occasions, sometimes picking paint, sometimes going furniture shopping. Through it all though, Riddhima found her loneliness subsiding and finding someone she could connect with in ways she couldn't with Sid anymore. There was a sense of comfort with Armaan, something that lacked with Sid. One such night was when they had just finished painting the living room a light coffee brown.

Riddhima finished her last stroke and brushed the hair away from her face. "What do you think?"

Armaan smiled from behind her, appreciating the wall. "We're geniuses."

"No—that's me," she smirked.

"If you were a genius," He smiled. "You would have thought of bringing a raggy old shirt instead of borrowing one of mine,"

Riddhima grinned down at the oversized football shirt she was sporting. "You're right."

Armaan smiled back. "But no you're right, you are the genius." He took a step towards her. "If I didn't have you helping me out with all this—it definitely wouldn't turn out to be half of what it is right now."

Riddhima smiled. "We did a good job," She nodded. "Anyways I'm going to get going before that storm hits."

Claps of thunder were suddenly heard and Riddhima cringed, glancing at the large window. "Never mind that."

Armaan smiled. "Stay for a bit until it lets up."

Riddhima shook her head. "I should really get going,"

"Why someone waiting back home for you?" Armaan teased.

She didn't answer. Armaan had never asked and Riddhima never felt like going into her personal life so he never knew about Sid but was this the moment she should mention him? Her heart was torn—why should she mention Sid when he was barely even in her life anymore? But he was still her husband and she still felt obliged to him. She swallowed and shook her head. "Nope, no one waiting. But still I should get going."

Armaan shrugged. "If you want to,"

Riddhima grabbed her coat from the banister and smiled back at Armaan. "I'll call you tomorrow."

Armaan nodded and opened the door for her.

Riddhima smiled before disappearing into the dark wet night.

Five minutes later Armaan heard the doorbell ring and a smile came onto his face knowing who it was.

"Thought you'd be back."

Riddhima growled at him before pulling back her wet strands. "My car's not working....I need you to boost it,"

"And if I say no?" Armaan smirked.

"Armaan," She pouted. "Help me?"

"Look at yourself." Armaan put down the mug of coffee and pulled her to hall mirror. "See."

Riddhima winced at a washed out reflection of herself. "I look like a drowned dog or something,"

Armaan smiled. "Well a cute dog," Riddhima turned and glared at him. "There are some towels in the main bath, and some of my washed clothes are in the closet next to the bathroom. Help yourself,"

She nodded reluctantly and went upstairs.

"I'll have coffee ready," He called after her.

"Dark roast!" She called back.

He chuckled to himself as he got to work on the coffee maker.

When she finally came down 15 minutes later Armaan smiled at seeing her in his red sweats. "Suits you,"

"Shut up," Riddhima smiled. "It looks all baggy, and my hair's still wet."

"It looks nice....sexy even," He handed her a large mug.

"Thanks," She took the mug and then looked up at him. "For the coffee I mean,"

"Not the compliment?" he frowned. "You break my heart,"

Riddhima rolled her eyes as the two of them made their way into the already decorated family room. "I love the burgundyish color here,"

"You would since you picked it." Armaan pointed out.

"True," Riddhima smiled triumphantly.

"You always do everything right," He muttered quietly.

"Not everything," Riddhima sighed.

"What haven't you done right?" Armaan asked.

"It doesn't matter," she shook her head before pulling her feet closer to herself on the small 2-seater.

Armaan put his mug down on the coffee table and took one of her hands in his. "I haven't wanted to bring this up, but you finally made me want to."

"What?" Riddhima asked quietly.

"I don't like seeing you look so lost all the time, or wistful...or just plain sad," Armaan sighed. "What's wrong?"

That was all she needed. These were words she wanted to hear from Sid. Not from Armaan who despite being her friend was still a stranger. But she found herself being drawn to Armaan's immense care for her. Without another word, she put down her mug and laid her head down in his lap, letting his hand rest on her back as he rubbed it rhythmically.

Slowly he brought his other hand and let it rest on her cheek. Riddhima felt him take her tears in between his finger tips and shut her eyes tight.

He leaned down a bit and his breathe caressed her cheek. "Are you crying?" He whispered softly.

"Hmm..." She answered softly.

He sighed before lifting her from his lap and looking into her eyes. "Don't cry please?"

She shook her head but the tears fell anyways.

He took her in his arms and waited for her shaking to stop, she pulled away suddenly then and he scanned her face. All he could see was innocence and a sense of her solitude. He didn't know what had overcome him at that moment but he took slowly bent and kissed her cheek gently.

The surprise registered in her eyes and he waited for any indication of right or wrong from her. Suddenly she pulled him closer to her and their lips met with a spark. Armaan felt her hand reach up to his hair while his grabbed at her waist, pressing her against his torso. Abruptly they let go of each other, catching their breath and he saw a look of horror in her eyes.

A sense of shame covered her eyelids and she bit her lip to keep the tears from falling. His finger touched her cheek lightly and she looked up slowly into his eyes.

"Don't be afraid."

"I'm not," she answered softly.

He placed both his hands on her face and pulled her closer to his and she willingly let herself be pulled into him. Her arms wound around his neck while she felt his hands pulling up her shirt. His warm hands touched her skin and she felt a burst of energy from the mere touch.

She knew in her heart that she was doing something wrong but Armaan made her feel as if no one could want her in this world more than he did right now. All she could feel right now was him. He was with her and that was what meant everything to her. His lips on hers. His hands intertwined with hers. The skin to skin contact. That was all she could feel now.

If only she knew someone was growing worried for her and dialing her cell number second after second. If only.

(continued in the next post)

The next morning Riddhima woke with a heavy headache pounding in her ears. She felt an arm holding her at the waist and smiled. Sid had come to bed instead of falling asleep in front of his laptop like the rest of the nights.

She shifted her weight in the bed to turn and kiss his cheek lightly when she saw a different face. A face that wasn't Sid's. A face that shouldn't be there. Tears feel unexpectedly as she saw Armaan's sweet sleeping face all content. It was such a contrast to the emotions she was feeling now. Confusion, regret, remorse, hurt, disbelief.

She tried moving Armaan's hand from her waist but froze as he stirred still in sleep. Finally she pushed his hand away and looked around the unfamiliar room for signs of her clothing. Whimpering to herself she clenched her clothes tightly to her body and fled to the bathroom down the hall.

She came out after a long shower and returned to the room to find him still sleeping. Without glancing back at his face she went down the stairs to the main room and found her purse by the door. She quietly left the house and ran the short length of the driveway to her car. She fumbled with the keys in the lock and finally managed to get the door open. She sat in the car and threw her purse on the passenger seat. She pushed the key in the ignition and turned the key only to hear the car whine and refuse to start. She stared in shock at her car and then glanced down at her cell phone which was sitting in the cup holder since last night. Without noticing the 15 missed calls all from the same number she dialed the local taxi number.

A white taxi pulled up outside Armaan's house and Riddhima got in quickly giving the driver her address. She held her phone tightly in her hand and glanced ahead at the taxi's time. 4:30a.m. Her eyes shut tightly as she tried blocking out all events of last night from her memory but she couldn't do it. She looked down at her phone and saw the bright red flashing light. Curiously she pressed the notifications button and her eyes froze in shock. 15 missed calls all from Sid in the last 5 hours. 5 hours when she was being unfaithful. The tears fell faster now as she scrolled through the timings of his calls. The last one being at 2:30 in the morning.

Gradually she wiped the tears from her cheeks as her house came into view. She paid the taxi driver and reluctantly stepped out of the taxi and faced her house. Her home with Sid. A place where happy memories built the foundation. A place where she had been alone but still in the warmth and security of her marriage. Now she was standing in front of it again. A tainted woman. Not pure enough to enter it again. She had lost the courage. The courage to step into her own home.

The five stepping stones to the door felt like major boundaries that she was stepping back into. When she had left the night before she had unknowingly crossed all the lines that were surrounding their marriage and now she was stepping back into the confided boundaries.

She opened the front door gently and unexpectedly stampeding sounds were heard from the staircase around the corner.

"Where the hell have you been?" His loud angry voice called to her, pulling her back into reality.

One look at him set her tears off again. Through her blurry eyes she could see him dressed in sweats and plain white shirt. His hair was messed up from losing sleep over her and that thought clenched her stomach tighter.

He slowly stepped up to her and pulled her into his open arms. "I'm sorry for being upset," He rested his chin on top of her head. "I was just so worried."

She whimpered into his chest, not wanting to come out of the comfort of his arms.

"Hey, I'm sorry," He pulled her back gently and gazed into her red eyes. "Kuch hua?"

What a simple question. If only her answer could be as simple. She nodded and he held her close again. "What's wrong jaan?"

She couldn't take it anymore. She pushed him away. "Don't. Don't call me that, I don't deserve it."

"Riddhima," He glanced down at her and saw her shivering. "What's wrong? You're worrying me..."

Riddhima shook her head and pushed him away again. "Don't worry for me. I don't deserve this. I don't deserve YOU."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Sid frowned. "Of course you deserve me. We're married Riddhima."

"A marriage that I ruined." She whispered.

"What?" He asked in an equally quiet voice.

"I've ruined everything alright?" She threw her bag on the bench. "I've ruined everything. You. Me. Our marriage. This relationship. I've ruined it all."

"How...How did you ruin anything?" He frowned, trying to understand.

Riddhima opened her mouth but nothing came out. "I..."

"Riddhima?" He held her shoulder but saw her flinch away from his touch.

"Don't touch me...I....I'm tainted."

"You—what?" Sid sighed as he leaned his hand on the hall table. "What's going on?"

"I....I...I've been unfaithful," her voice was heard as a whisper.

The three words hit Sid like a ton of bricks. His hand slipped from the table he was grasping. He saw her eyes flash to meet his face and he saw the hollowness he missed the first time he looked into her eyes. She wasn't the Riddhima he knew.

"With who?" He growled.

"Does it matter?" She cried. "All that matters is what I've done."

He struggled to walk towards her but he grasped her shoulders in his hands. "What's his name?"

"Arm—Armaan," She muttered through her sobs.

"Your client?" He asked disbelievingly.

She nodded gently.

"This is what you do on your job?" He scoffed. "All this time....all this time you've made a fool out of me." He shook his head. "Why Riddhima? Why did you do this to me?"

"Sid...I..." She whimpered.

"What? What's the reason? What have I done that pushed you away so far? What led you to do this? I need answers."

"I...I....don't know..."

"You don't know?" He growled. "How can you cross all your limits and NOT know what caused it?"

"You...you've....I've been so alone."

"That's your reason for being unfaithful and going to sleep with another man?" He shook his head. "I can't...I don't know what to believe now."

"Sid...I'm still..."

"Still what?"He asked. "Riddhima? Still what? My wife? The girl I fell in love with?" He scoffed. "Right. Not that you ever loved me."

"Sid don't say that." Riddhima pleaded. "The love is still there."

"If the love was there....you wouldn't have been so easily swayed."

"I do love you." Riddhima said softly.

"So do I, but that wasn't enough to keep you from your loneliness was it?" Sid sighed. "Why should it be enough for us now?"

"Wha—what are you saying?" Riddhima wiped at her tears.

"I'm saying we're done. It's over."  Sid strode over to the hall closet and grabbed his jacket. He reached the door and touched the doorknob. "You know something?" He turned back. "I've heard stories of this happening everywhere and how little things lead to them but never once would I have imagined them to happen to us. To you and me. I always believed that our love was too strong for this. Obviously I was mistaken...there never was any love."

"The love is still there." Riddhima sighed through her tears.

"It was. Till tonight." Sid opened the door. "I can't believe how I fell in love with a wh*** like you..."

The door slammed as he left that early morning. He left from the house and from her life.[/I]

"How have you been?" His voice broke the silence that had taken over the shelter.

Riddhima glanced up and saw his eyes boring into hers. All she wanted at this moment was to run to him and let herself be engulfed into his welcoming arms. But she knew that wasn't possible. It never would be again.

"I've been alright." She mumbled quietly, looking back down at her hands.

"I...I've wanted to thank you."

She looked up at him startled at the choice of words.

"Thank you for the out of court settlement between our lawyers." He completed.

Riddhima nodded and smiled falsely.

"How...How's Armaan?" The anger was still evident in his voice.

Hearing his name reignited the feelings she had that night, a few nights after Sid had left. The night she went for another confession. A confession to the one she owed nothing yet a part of her told her she owed him a lot.

She knocked on the door and waited. The door opened and Armaan's eyes lit up seeing her silhouette outside his door.

"Riddhima?" He pulled her inside. "You left so suddenly that night...."

"I...." She waited while he took off her coat and smiled happily at her.

"How've you been?" Armaan smiled as he touched her shoulder.

She flinched at his touch and he didn't miss the way her eyes cringed.

"Something wrong?"

She sighed and smiled weakly. "What's right in this world?"

"Everything since that night." Armaan sighed as he moved closer to her.

Riddhima froze and could sense Armaan moving towards but she was blank at what to do. Her heart was telling her to push Armaan away but her hand refused to listen and she felt drawn in when Armaan's lips lightly grazed her forehead.

"Don't."

"What?" Armaan touched her cheek lightly, cupping it in his right palm. "What's wrong?"

She eased away from him and held up her left hand. "Don't come near me. That's not why I'm here."

"I didn't assume..." Armaan shook his head. "What's wrong? Wait." His gaze lowered to her hand and a small 'whoa' escaped his lips.

Riddhima knew his eyes were on her ring. "Yeah, I'm married."

His eyes went blank and they stared into her own. "You lied."

She swallowed calmly. "I...I had to.."  Armaan turned away and Riddhima sighed. "You need to understand Armaan, what I was going through..."

"Going through?" He scoffed. "You seemed fine."

"Fine." She smiled. "What an easy word to describe a lack of emotions. Do you know what fine or okay even mean? It means I'm holding up...I was holding up but underneath it all, I was cracked. I still am cracked. I was lonely Armaan...you...became my saviour. You were there when...when my own husband wasn't." Riddhima closed her eyes. His name wouldn't come to her lips. She felt ashamed even saying it. How had one day changed so much in her once simple life?

"What do you want from me now?" He said coldly.

Riddhima smiled softly. "Nothing Armaan, I just needed to tell you..."

"Why now?" Armaan asked slowly. "Why not before it all happened?"

"I...was afraid," Riddhima admitted quietly.

"Afraid? I thought you said you weren't that night," He turned around and stormed up to her, enclosing her to the wall. "Not when you were this close to me."

Riddhima shivered at his closeness and struggled to find the strength to push him away. "Leave me Armaan,"

"Why? You used me for your benefits," He sneered. "I can't do the same....?"

Riddhima looked up into his dark eyes with pure horror. "You wouldn't dare."

"Really?" Armaan trailed his finger down her face watching her cringe in disgust. "Why not?"

"Because I would call the police," she said calmly.

"And?" Armaan taunted.

"Oh forget it Armaan!" she pushed him away. "I thought be telling you everything I could count on you. As a friend but I can see you are not worthy of that."

She turned on her heel and slammed his door, closing him out of her life forever. As she neared her car her cell phone beeped and she dug it out of her pocket only to see one missed call. A missed call from someone she should've called the night everything happened. Someone she knew would call her sooner or later. Someone she was dreading to face as much as she was when she faced Sid. She was after all Sid's younger sister, Rubina.

She lightly hit the call button and sat down in her car, waiting for her to pick up.

"I wasn't going to answer," she said starkly.

"You don't want to talk to me?" Riddhima asked sighing.

Rinki scoffed. "Talk? I don't even want to see you ever again. I don't understand why or how you could do this to him. Riddhima if you saw him right now..." she trailed off.

"Rinkz....I need you," Riddhima whimpered. "I...I don't have anyone with me."

"What about the guy you slept with?" Rinki said coldly. "I'm sure he'd be more than happy for round 2,"

Her words stung Riddhima down to the core but Riddhima knew she wasn't wrong. Everything Rinki said was stark and cold, but true. Riddhima had done enough to get this in return.

"Can we meet?" Riddhima pleaded. "I need to talk to you."

The silence prolonged on either side, and Riddhima was sure that she would decline.

"When?"

"Today, at the cafe we always used to get together at?" Riddhima sighed.

She wasn't sure what to expect. Obviously Rinki wouldn't be ecstatic to meet with her but her agreeing was a start.

"I'll be there." The line went dead and Riddhima shut her eyes trying to escape the coldness that came from her sister in law's voice. The sister in law that was more of her friend. A friend that was always there when she needed her. Now she had lost that as well. All because of one mistake.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Riddhima walked into the cafe and saw Rinki sitting at one of the tables in the corner looking wistfully out the snowy window.

"Hey,"

Rinki responded to her with a look and Riddhima sighed before relaxing into the chair opposite her. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. It's someone else I'm worried about." Rinki snapped.

"Someone I had a hand in ruining."

"So at least you realize that you've completely ruined him." Rinki smirked. "I didn't think you'd realize that yourself and I'd have to help you out with that."

Riddhima winced at the harshness. "Can you not use this tone with me?"

"Why? Is it bothering you?" Rinki leaned back and crossed her arms.

Riddhima sighed, trying not to let the words affect her. "Yeah it is bothering me...but Rinki I need you to understand..."

"Understand what Riddhima?" Rinki snapped. "What possessed you to go cheat on my brother?" she whispered harshly. "My brother, who literally worships the ground you walked on? My brother who fought against our parents to make sure you two got married? My brother who loved you so much? How could you do this?"

The words hit home and the tears came streaming down Riddhima's face. For a second Rinki felt guilty for doing this but then she remembered her brother at home who was the victim in all this. She silently handed Kleenex to Riddhima and looked the other way.

"He worshipped me? Really? That's why he would spend nights in the office downstairs rather than see me? That's why whenever I'd make plans he'd agree than cancel last minute, leaving me to explain to everyone? That's why.... " Riddhima sighed. "Forget it, you're his sister. You'll side with him."

"Side?" Rinki scoffed. "That's what you think I'm doing? I want to hear what you think as well so I can help you...I know I'm being cold and rude to you, but how do you think I feel right now? You're one of my closest friends, married to my brother! I can't side with either of you!"

Riddhima sighed and smiled weakly. "You don't hate me?"

"I hate what you've done. You've ruined your perfect life in a flash Riddhima! But that still doesn't mean I'd hate you."

"I don't know what to do," Riddhima shook her head. "I want Sid.... not that's wrong, I need him to understand."

"Do you even understand what made you take this step?" Rinki asked. "Do you know what made you cheat?"

Riddhima had no answer. Sure she was lonely but she knew in her heart, that nothing could ever justify taking this action. With one wrong move she had jeopardized her entire present and her future. "I wish I could say yes, I know why I did it. But the truth is, my answer isn't good enough."

"Look Riddhima, I get that you were lonely, but I mean, does that mean you take a step like this?" Rinki argued. "He's your husband. Stop it before it gets too late."

"You tell me, would he be willing to listen to me?" Riddhima cringed.

"Do you think he would?" Rinki sighed. "You can try calling?"

Riddhima shook her head. "I don't want to force him."

"He's not going to come after you Ridzie," Rinki sighed.

Riddhima put her head in her hands. "I know. That's what hurts."

Rinki shrugged. "I don't know what to say,"

"Do I have you in my life?" Riddhima's eyes looked up slowly at Rinki.

Rinki sighed. "You're always going to have me,"

Riddhima smiled. "That's enough for me. I need you."

"I'm here," Rinki smiled back.

That was how things had happened with Rinki. They still kept in touch while the divorce proceedings went on but Rinki had never confided in Riddhima about Sid nor to Sid about Riddhima. She had understood that she had no place in trying to fix things.  Riddhima had kept only one thing from Rinki and that was that she used to send sealed letters with the lawyer from Sid, but never once had she gotten a response.

With that she came back to the present where Sid was still waiting for her answer about Armaan. Armaan, a name she would rather forget for the rest of her life.

She took a deep breath. "I wouldn't know, I only met him once after."

"Why? He didn't want you either?" Sid's harsh tone startled her and she froze, looking into his eyes.

"No Sid. I went to confess everything to him. He didn't know..." Riddhima trailed off.

"That you were married?" Sid sighed. "You think it would've changed anything?"

Riddhima clasped her hands together. "It would've changed a lot of things Sid,"

"Things that we can't control," Sid replied.

"Things that could be fixed."

"What if someone doesn't want to fix it?" Sid sighed.

"You..." Riddhima trailed off. "You...never responded to my letters."

Sid sighed. "I didn't know what to say to them,"

"You could've just responded telling me you got them," Riddhima said quietly.

"And then? Give you hopes? Give you expectations of me wanting you back?" Sid shook his head. "I didn't want you to live with false hope."

"I still live with that hope till today." Riddhima sighed.

Sid glanced up at her and their eyes locked. All the pain they were both feeling was easily being understood by the other. Sid could see that she felt the regret for everything and Riddhima knew he still loved her. Things were just too difficult to move past now.

"I'm sorry," Sid sighed. "I—can't do this right now. I know it won't change what I feel."

Riddhima's eyes closed and a tear fell. "I...understand."

Sid stood and walked over to her and slowly put his arm around her shoulders, wrapping her into him. "I love you Riddhima, and I always will. I just...can't let go of what happened."

She clung tightly to his jacket and let her tears fall. Her sobbing became worse and Sid pulled her away from him.

"I know it still hurts. I just feel it too, but...we can't Riddhima." Sid sighed. "It's not possible..."

Riddhima was unable to say anything back and felt Sid's warm lips on her forehead as he bent closer.

The far sound of a train came closer now and Sid stood, taking Riddhima up with him. "You need to get home..."

Riddhima nodded as she walked to the glass door of the shelter. "Is this it?" she turned back slightly.

Sid sighed before holding her shoulder. "I think it is..."

She opened the door and let the cold air whirl around her body. Her tears continued falling with the cold sting and she turned left and turned back slightly, seeing Sid turn the other way. Her chest started clenching and she winced at the feeling. She was walking away from her happiness again. She was being left alone again. Sid was going and everything was ending.

He saw her turn left and he continued walking. He knew the minute he sat down the train cabin; he would realize the mistake he had made. He would realize that he let her go again. He couldn't do anything else though. As much pain as walking away from her was giving him, staying with her would be worse. He'd look at her and see deceit and betrayal; he couldn't live with himself if he thought of her like that. It was better staying away. Staying away and still loving her forever.

Riddhima touched the button to open the door to train cabin and froze, watching Sid do the same thing nearly 10 feet away. A small smile came on her face knowing this was it. She had gotten one thing out of this meeting; the reassurance that he loved her. Despite everything, their love was intact. They could remain far and apart but their love would always keep them connected. She would never forget though that in that one night her life had gone from all to nothing.

Hope you all enjoyed reading it😳

Love,

Meera😳

Edited by indiandoll89 - 13 years ago
L-O-V-E it. Obviously, as you know.
I like the whole concept, she's lonely && even thou its not an excuse, falls down into the level that she can never really come out of. Because to do that, she needs to forgive herself first. I love how Sid walks away and leaves her to know that the love between them will remain, even if the relationship doesn't, besides, in the matter of hearts. The relationship doesn't need a name to be there...
You wrote it beautifully. =]
-Rinks
Originally posted by ~Rinki~

L-O-V-E it. Obviously, as you know. Course I do 😉
I like the whole concept, she's lonely && even thou its not an excuse, falls down into the level that she can never really come out of. Because to do that, she needs to forgive herself first. I love how Sid walks away and leaves her to know that the love between them will remain, even if the relationship doesn't, besides, in the matter of hearts. The relationship doesn't need a name to be there...
Aww thanks *hugs* do you remember how much we argued (friendlyish) when I was writing this, cuz the reasoning wasn't good enough 😛 But I lovee how you said that! She can only come back up when she forgives herself which she can't😳 And Sid *sighs* amazinggg😳 I found that really meaningful *hides* that you don't have to be together for your love to survive *ahem*
You wrote it beautifully. =] I had you reading every bit that's why 😃
-Rinks
nice consept
loved the whole story but its just dont fit that way coz armaan n ridhima are not together.......and ridhima can never cheat on her hubby.....but still i loved the whole story............
thanks for posting it
nruti
Well as I said this was written with different people initially, I just felt that it suits the current situation of SR/AR. Aww I'm sorry if you think Armaan-Ridz should be together, it didn't suit my concept though😛 Thanks for reading and commenting though! 😃
amazing story hun...havent read such well sorted one shot in long tym....pls write more....

I am NOT a fan of extra marital affairs or one night stands at all but you wrote this beautifully👏 You are a talented writer I  must say😛

Originally posted by Angelic_J

I am NOT a fan of extra marital affairs or one night stands at all but you wrote this beautifully👏 You are a talented writer I  must say😛

Aww thanks Jot! 😃 that means a  lot to me. Believe me neither am I. I've had so many endings for this one shot actually, I was going to write them all out, but then I just stuck with this one. I couldn't bear to write anymore about everyone suffering *ahem* Thanks for reading it though!😃
em a crazy AR fan n this is the fiorst ever ff of SR tht i've read n i have to say ITS AMAZING! seriously, u have written it sooooooooo well, i am speechless! its beautiful!
for the first tym u make me lyk sidhant!
cheers
sonia