*~Sapna~*

IF-Veteran Member

*~Sapna~*

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 4:49pm | IP Logged
AWARDS FOR SRK, YASH & MANNA DEY

By Our Staff

In the News

click for larger view
Bollywood's superstar Shah Rukh Khan, noted filmmaker Yash Chopra and veteran singer Manna Dey, are the three film personalities who have been listed for this year's most prestigious awards given on the Republic Day. Shah Rukh Khan, who started his career through television and then became number one actor in Hindi movies, has been chosen for Padma Shri. The President of India Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam will give these awards in Rastrapati Bhawan, after some time.

Shah Rukh was very happy and so were his wife Gauri and his children. "My family considers it a great honor bestowed on us." When asked about its timing, Shah Rukh quipped, "I do not want to comment on the timing. It matters little if I get it today or after ten years. This award has made me more responsible. It is matters of great pride. But it also humbles me to think that my work has been considered a national service. I thank God and the people who made it happen. The award would also motivate me to ensure that I do work that continues to make me deserving of being a national servant. I am also happy to know that the people love me."

click for larger view
Yash Chopra has felt flattered though he doesn't know if the award has been given to him as a filmmaker. He thinks that it has been given to him as someone who has done something for the country. He says, "I was not really expecting it though I believe I was tipped for the award a couple of years ago too. Then something happened, and my name didn't figure in the awards list." Yash Chopra is however happy and very honored to have the award.

Manna Dey a veteran singer who has rendered many patriotic songs like Ae mere pyare watan in 'Kabuliwala' has been selected for Padma Bhushan.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "AWARDS FOR SRK" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shahidlover24

IF-Sizzlerz

shahidlover24

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 6:52pm | IP Logged
thx for sharing!

Kareena's World

Kareena's World

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 8:09pm | IP Logged
Hey cool article!!!Tongue. Thanks for sharing SapnaBig smile

mango

IF-Veteran Member

mango

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
thanx for the article

popkurn

IF-Rockerz

popkurn

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 9:10pm | IP Logged

A special thank u, goes to Sapna! Thank u Sapna for the article!

Ms. Bholi Bhali

IF-Sizzlerz

Ms. Bholi Bhali

-

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 10:02pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing!

Melvee

Melvee

Posted: 04 February 2005 at 7:51am | IP Logged
Thanks for the article Smile

*~Sapna~*

IF-Veteran Member