Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rpmenon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
I would say that mods have taken action when things were brought to their attention.I can vouch for that,because I have PM ed Uma for a specific reason,and it was attended to,immedietly.So,how are mods responsible? They cannot go around read every FF on the forum,and besides,where is the time?
rpmenon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: fuzzyface

i just realised I sound like a politician ๐Ÿ˜† (so politically correct)
i think i am gonna run in the next election or become a political secretary๐Ÿ˜†

Sure..we will all elect our fav candidate. ๐Ÿ˜†
fuzzyface thumbnail
Originally posted by: rpmenon

I would say that mods have taken action when things were brought to their attention.I can vouch for that,because I have PM ed Uma for a specific reason,and it was attended to,immedietly.So,how are mods responsible? They cannot go around read every FF on the forum,and besides,where is the time?

i guess so but I never report coz I don't read the FF
the ones that I occasionally read are clean and fun
but yeah the rules are there so ppl shld know better and it's not fair to point finger at the mods๐Ÿ˜›
soap-critic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Viewbie Note

Thank you Uma for your post on behalf of the Dev Team while I was out of town for a few days. I completely agree that members should have used the 'Report" button and mods are not obligated to read all FF's. Whenever members have reported the content of FF's action has been taken and content has been edited or FF threads closed. Keeping the forum clean and clutter free is a joint effort of both the members and the Dev Team.

I-F has a special section for FF's and fiction threads were allowed in the Bandini forum as a courtesy. In spite of there being a sticky thread with the rules being posted on the first page, members have chosen to disregard them. Also, with the high volume for Fan Fic being written, important threads related to the serial are now being pushed to the back pages.

Since members have now become vocal about both these issues, all FF writers are requested to wind up their current stories by Saturday April 10, 2010. All fiction threads will be closed on Sunday. Members who wish to continue their FF must send me a link of their written work and that thread will be re-opened and  moved to the FF section of I-F where there is a Dev Team that regulates and moderates all Fan-Fics.

On behalf of the Dev Team
Edited by soap-critic - 14 years ago
chalia thumbnail
Originally posted by: fuzzyface

i guess so but I never report coz I don't read the FF
the ones that I occasionally read are clean and fun
but yeah the rules are there so ppl shld know better and it's not fair to point finger at the mods๐Ÿ˜›

Absolutely Rads and Fuzz,
 I too dont read these FFs regularly, maybe once in a while when i have a day off. Some are really good and make a worthy read i do admit.
I certainly dont expect the mods to be reading all these FFs as you say, "where is the time and where is the inclination"?
As Fuzz says it is the responsibility of the author to maintain the dignity of the post and the characters whose essence is what Bandini is all about.
And lastly, i would like to add that the intention of this post is not to belittle anyone or dampen any areas of fun among the resident members. It is an effort to instill responsibility and more effective thinking.

My apologies to the mods for not being responsible enough to press the "report" button when i came across such posts.

Edited by chalia - 14 years ago
RamonaG thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9
it would really be nice if we could keep discussion topics focussed on the serial that we all luv to watch despite our constant claims to the contrary.. If it were so we wud not be spending most of our waking hours discussing them tearing them apart eulogizing them etc Why give the time of day to sumthing that is irrelevant to u'? Really it defies all logic. hema is right, the actual discussion is being pushed to the background whereas trivial rumours & inanities hold centrestage.. Kudos to the dev team they are doing a marvellous job in what is essentially a thankless task.They DO swoop down to clear up clutter as much as is humanly possible but I have noticed these are rapidly reposted within seconds making their task an even more unadmirable one.. however this is for our dev team..       ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
crystal30 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ soap-critic, can the proximity of the dhand rolled over be minimised...๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

All i'm trying to say is jus coz of some ppl, why shld the entire lot suffer.... Not all of them hav disobeyed the rules, then why a common penalty for all... It's been a pleasure reading some of the ff's...n which hav been often looked at wen Ekta Mai mercilessly dishes out the crap.. You might jus say the writers can so continue their writing in fan fiction section but not all of them are comfortable over it & also it has limited reach(i.e. not many of them are reqular visitors)             
   I wld like to say let all of us be responsible i.e the writers as well as the reader's(n i knw most of us here are responsible bunch...)   It is easy to ignore responsibility when one is only an intermediate link in a chain of action...  All in all I wld say is lets be peaceful, be courteous, obey the rules, respect everyone...

Had been often told that nothing goes unresolved by the talk..(sorry if i'm sounding like Santu's nanaji kehate hain..or off late Dm's version of baa kehati hain๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†)

My apologies for the post if the decision taken is unquestionable...

s000 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
i agree with you raz - but most people have wrote their ends

and i think they wont change their minds now - if they do then that would be great !!

i feel like im in Dharampur panchayat