Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

*~Sapna~*

IF-Veteran Member

*~Sapna~*

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
"My roles are my favourite looks" - Aaamir Khan

By IndiaFM News Bureau, February 03rd, 2005 - 0945 hrs IST

Aamir walked in looking his swankiest best recently at the inaugural meet of Rang De Basanti. The characteristic excitement that he stirs created a lot of curiosity in our minds about this film also. Here we pin him down for a quick one on one.

Tell us something about Rang De Basanti?
Well, it's too early to speak about the film right now. All I can say is that Rang De Basanti is going on floors by the end of this month. I have got this new look for the film. I have chopped my hair and shaved. (Smiles)

Is it a period film?
Baal dekhke aap ko lag raha hai period film hogi (smiles). It's a very modern film; it's a story of today's youth and its very contemporary.

A bit of more detail please…
It's a modern film, it's about today's youth and the direction they are going in, it's based on what happens socially in our daily life.

What motivated you to sign this film?
Script. The script of the film is awesome.

Since you call it a modern film, is it on the lines of Dil Chahta Hai?
Well only in terms of characters who are modern, but the story here is more dramatic.

What do you think of Rakesh Mehra?
I think he is a very talented director. I believe that the script that he has written is a wonderful script and I feel that the film is going to turn out equally good. I've seen his work earlier, and I have liked Aks.

What is your take on foreign actors being cast in Hindi Cinema?
That depends on the story and script requirement, if they require a foreign actor then they are cast in a film

You are very selective about the films that you do. What do you look for in a film before doing it?
I look for stories that touch my heart and whichever does that, I do the film. I liked the story of Rang De Basanti; it's a story that moved me.

Any message the film gives?
The message that the film tries to convey is that we all are responsible for the way our society is and we all have to contribute in our own way. It's our duty as well as responsibility. At the same time the film does not preach.

You have changed so many looks in the past few years, any favourites?
I have forgotten what my favourite look is. I think now my roles are my favourite looks.

You are one of the rare actors who actually in every sense get into the skin of the character…
Yes, I like to look and live like the role I am doing, and since I do one film at a time I have the freedom and space to do so.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic ""My roles are my favourite looks" Aamir" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top