Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

*~Sapna~*

IF-Veteran Member

*~Sapna~*

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 3:47pm | IP Logged
"Leena is a bold & honest director" - Zayed Khan

By IndiaFM News Bureau, February 03rd, 2005 - 1400 hrs IST

In the second half of the interview, the unbelievably articulate Zayed Khan spills on what he likes about the new breed of female directors, the soundtrack of Shabd and what he thinks is Ash's sex appeal…

You have been lucky for female directors? First Farah and now Leena.
(Gives a full throated laugh) Yeah man! Lets face it, direction has always been a man's domain. But I like the new force of women who are surfacing and claiming their place under the sun. There is a creative hunger in them that they want to plug. And are ready to go that extra mile. Now that is very inspiring.

Any difference that you observe in their approach towards the craft…
I am not sure if women make better directors but what I can vouch for is women take their job very seriously. Now it's not like I am taking anything away from men. But men take their work just seriously enough.

"Acting is about being completely honest, completely convinced and no bullshit in between!"
What about Leena? What was your equation with her like?
Leena is bold & honest towards her work. At no point in time did I feel we were at points A and Z. It was always A & B. So I pretty much understood what was required. Leena is one director from whom people don't have too many expectations now but wait till the release & she'll blow you away.

Four films old, how would you grade yourself as an actor?
I know I can do everything from action to comedy. This is not conceit screaming but my honest self-talking. I don't want to get typecast. I want to taste every color of the rainbow. I am not here for fame, money or being Mr. Popular. I am here to do great work. I want to be immortal as an actor! Yeah...that's my raison d'etre.

"Ash is just too perfect!"
The music besides climbing the popularity charts has a new sound to it. Give me your pick.
I would like to congratulate Vishal-Shekhar on their work. It's tremendous. They have kept the old time melody intact and like you said, given it a new sound. 'Bolo to bolo nah' is my pick of the lot. I like the sensual aura to it. It's a slow starrer but will pick up big time.

What do you think of the sex-and-skin mela that is currently tiding Bollywood?
Of course sex sells. It's always been around.

Do you think the media has gone ballistic with the skin bit in Shabd?
May be yes. Let me assure you that the intimacy has been tastefully executed. Its not like we are saying, 'Hey, we have a diva here. Would you like to see a bit of her skin?' Nah...that's not what we set out to do. The sensuality is needed for the screenplay to ask its questions. It has been employed in a thoughtful manner.

"I want to be immortal!"
As an actor what do you think is Aishwarya's sex appeal?
There is not one single element that I can pick on. Man, that woman is gorgeous from head to toe. She is just too perfect. Everything about Ash is very sexy.

Post Shabd where are you headed?
I am doing Vashu Bhagnani's Shaadi No. 1. There is a film Idiot on the floor, where I play a very massy character. Some other interesting projects are being worked out. I want to do a good damn job! There is a great amount of greed in me as an actor. I just want more and more and more… Acting is all about being completely convinced, completely honest and no bullshit in between.

A novel story, lots of curiosity and a meaty role. What are you looking forward on the 4th of Feb?
I am looking for lots of love, goodwill and blessings. I am sure the movie will do the rest.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic ""Everything about Ash is very sexy" Zayed" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jatt di pasand

Groupbie

jatt di pasand

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 5:40pm | IP Logged
Thaks for the articleSmile

rabeeak2003

IF-Dazzler

rabeeak2003

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 5:44pm | IP Logged
thanks for the interviewSmile

shahidlover24

IF-Sizzlerz

shahidlover24

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 6:43pm | IP Logged
thx for sharing!

Selina

IF-Sizzlerz

Selina

Posted: 06 February 2005 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the article.

meghavi

IF-Veteran Member

meghavi

Posted: 06 February 2005 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the article.

popkurn

IF-Rockerz

popkurn

Posted: 06 February 2005 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
Thanks for SharingSmile

_Anonymous_

IF-Dazzler

_Anonymous_

Posted: 06 February 2005 at 2:00pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Sapna_2004

What do you think of the sex-and-skin mela that is currently tiding Bollywood?
Of course sex sells. It's always been around.

What has he been smoking???

Post Reply New Post

Go to top