Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

SunShine_A

IF-Stunnerz

SunShine_A

Posted: 08 April 2010 at 4:44am | IP Logged
bhinav Shukla, the Punjabi hero

Abhinav Shukla will not find it difficult to play the Punjabi hero, Dev, in STAR One's Geet – Hui Sabse Parayee. This is because Abhinav is Punjabi himself so the character will come easy to him. Abhinav is familiar to television audience for his roles in Babul Ka Angann Chotey Naa, Jaane Kya Baat Hui and Chhoti Bahu. We met him on the sets of Geet:

Are you excited about doing a Punjabi role?
Sure. I can't use too much colloquial but I am sure there will be some Punjabi words in which I will express myself, and that's why I'm particularly excited about the show. We have a lovely star cast and in fact much of the show is based on the reality of Punjab. I've been living there for 22 years and am quite close to the culture.

What's your character like?
My character, Dev, is from Canada. The family has come to Punjab to meet Geet's family, and this is the first time that we're coming to a village. The setting is of the Lodi festival, which has been shown as authentically Punjabi.

Do you think the audience will watch the show given the fact that the IPL is on?
TV audiences always like to watch family drama. Besides, when Abhinav Shukla and Drashti Dhami get together, what's not to like? Of course they will see us!

Are you following IPL?
Not really. I am not a cricket fan. I didn't play the sport much and almost never watched it. I am into athletics. I used to run the 100 meter and 200 meter sprints and hurl the discus. I used to be into fitness modelling.

That's interesting. How similar are you to the character, Dev?
Abhinav is straightforward and positive, someone who greets everyone. Dev is slightly reserved in that way. Aur baki abhi dekho yaar!

How's your rapport with Drashti?
I think it's excellent. She is very talented, of course. I've known Drashti from when she was shooting for Dill Mill Gayye and at the time I was shooting for Jersey No.10, which was being shot at the same studio. She's a very good and very humble person.

When is Abhinav getting married?
Tomorrow perhaps, or next year. I really don't know when. It depends...

Depends on the right girl? What is she like?
First let me figure out for myself what my dream girl is like. Come to think of it, for me there is no dream girl at the moment.

May be what Abhinav is not saying yet is that his current geet of life hasn't yet said yes on STAR One's Geet – Hui Sabsey Paraye. DON'T MISS Monday to Friday, 9:30 pm. Watch tonight's episode – Will the family agree to take Geet's opinion? Will Dev convince Daarji and family…

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetsugar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Geet Articles Corner (Page 2)" in Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sweetsugar

IF-Dazzler

sweetsugar

Posted: 12 April 2010 at 7:26am | IP Logged
Shalini Kapoor: Drashti is a budding actress

TV actress Shalini Kapoor, who is back on TV with STAR One's most awaited show Geet-Hui Sabse Parayi, plays the character called Rano, who is the mother of Geet (played by Drashti Dhami).

Both on-screen mother and daughter share a good rapport with each other.

We spoke to Shalini Kapoor aka Rano who said, "The show is based on a Punjabi family and it highlights that NRI marriages sometimes are not that successful. I am a caring and loving mother of Geet; Rano. My character is a typical village Punjabi mother who wants that her daughter should get married in a good Punjabi traditional family. I am hoping that the show will be well appreciated by the audiences."

Later on she spoke about her rapport with Drashti Dhami, "She is a very good and budding actress, very understanding. In real life she is not that seedhi sadhi, she talks so much that if I can't hear her voice on the sets, I just start asking my crew members where is Drashti. She is very hardworking when it comes to acting. It's great to work with such young and bubbly actresses. There is a vast difference between Drashti and Geet because Drashti always listens to music and is very chirpy and we keep listening to her'During the screening of the show Drashti was quite excited as she had come with her real mother and it was nice talking to Drashti's mother as well."

So keep watching this mother-daughter duo every Monday to Friday on the STAR One show Geet-Hui Sabse Parayi at 9.30 pm.

Source :Indya.com

sweetsugar

IF-Dazzler

sweetsugar

Posted: 12 April 2010 at 7:28am | IP Logged
posted by  aysha_18

Geet's dreams and aspirations

Drashti Dhami aka Geet is a girl-next-door from Mumbai, and has dreams and aspirations just like any other girl. The difference from the ordinary being that her dreams were fulfilled! Drashti dreamt of being an actress even as a child and now she is immersed in the world of glamour.

We spoke to her about making it.

Drashti says, "In college I got the opportunity to be in a music video. My family was quite nervous and very tense because they thought that in this music video I would be required to expose. I come from a very learned family and I was the first one who wanted to enter the glamour world, I assured them that I wouldn't be doing any exposing."

After her assertion, her family agreed. "This way my first dream, that of entering the entertainment and glamour world, came true with my debut album Sainyaa Dil Main Aaana Re'." by Shamshad Begum.

So if that was her first dream, what else does she expect? "I don't have big aspirations but I want to be a successful actress, who will be remembered by all the televison audiences," says Drashti.

So she's not particularly ambitious, and that's great. What about her ideal man? Drashti is quite clear about what sort of man she's attracted to: "My soul mate should be handsome but at same time he should have a good sense of humour, be a very family oriented person and should give me freedom to express myself. Most importantly, he should give me money for shopping whenever I want!"

The shopping bits aside, Drashti's character echoes her in real life. And what about Geet's ideal guy, then? "Geet is a very family oriented girl like me but at the same time she follows certain rules and regulations like she is not allowed to express her feelings at home and she hopes that her husband should give her this freedom of expression," says Drashti.

Don't forget to watch Geet, the new girl on STAR One'sGeet ' Hui Sabsey Paraye, from Monday to Friday at 9.30 pm.

sweetsugar

IF-Dazzler

sweetsugar

Posted: 12 April 2010 at 7:31am | IP Logged
Recently STAR One launched a new show called Geet-Hui Sabse Parayi which highlights the NRI marriage related problems which are prevalent in India. It is a story of a young spirited girl, Geet, who is married off to an NRI and how she faces the challenges and stands for the rights and values she believes in.

Geet, Drashti DhamiThe central character – Geet is played by Drashti Dhami, who was last seen in Dill Mill Gayye as Dr.Muskaan Chadda. She has acted beautifully in this show and we can see lots of variations in her acting as compared to her bubbly Punjabi role in Dill Mill Gayye. The audience will love Geet's innocence and her shyness. Not only Drashti Dhami's role but other characters like Daarji, (Geet's grandfather, played by Talat Raiki) who is an authoritative figure in the family and has the final say in most of the matters, is etched quite well. Then the character Taiji (Neelu Kohli), who is seen always scolding the family members and others is prominent too. The characterization of the show has been done perfectly and this can be identified with the present Punjabi traditional family that stays in the villages of Punjab. Currently, the Lodhi celebrations are going on replete with bhangra performances and plenty of Punjabi food.

The entry of Dev, the main lead of the show played by Abhinav Shukla is perfect. He has done a good job of playing an NRI from Canada and has his accent in place as well. All other actors have portrayed their characters very well and the true essence of the show is the Punjabi village set up which looks pretty authentic on screen, like the haveli (mansion) where Geet stays, which has the taste and blend of Punjabi culture. The music, with the title song sung by Daler Mehendi, is Punjabi in flavour.

In short, the show will give a tough fight to other channels' shows like Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai on STAR Plus and Colors' Laagi Tujhse Lagan, because the timing (9.30 pm) is the same. It is a good comeback for actors like Shalini Kapoor, Neelu Kohli, Karishma Randhawa, Tanushree Kaushal, Talat Raiki, Jitendra Bharadwaj and Vicky Ahuja
Ratings: 3.5 out of 5

Geet -Hui Sabse Parayi airs on STAR One from Monday to Friday at 9:30 PM

Source :http://www.indya.com/news/NewsArticle.aspx?p=Review-Geet-Hui-Sabse-Parayi&nid=240

Edited by sweetsugar - 13 April 2010 at 12:31pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top