Pratigya

Article on women's empowerment,mostly on Pratigya!

shruthiR thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Hi guys! I read an article on women's empowerment.It had a lot written on Mann ki aawaaz....Pratigya.
So I've written all the parts which involves Pratigya.To show ur appreciation pls press the LIKE button.

Women's empowerment as debated in the political arena is abt women stepping out of the confines of home and hearth to discover their potential.Indian soaps are abt tussles for power over home and hearth and their near resolution before more twists and turns appear.They depict domestic violence - one of the elder brothers kicks his wife repeatedly in Pratigya-even as his sister who is at her marital home is always busy calling her husband and in laws "saale kuthe"

So, maybe the writers and producers of these torturous sagas understand viewers better than literal minded journalists do.From the current crop of serials, a very good eg., of enthusiastic consumption of a bizzare plot line is the serial "Mann ki awaaz Pratigya".
The production house ,Star TV,bills it a "fight against disrespect of women".And what does the lead character do?She marries the goon who eve - teases her.Then she tells him that he can win her body but not her love.You fight disrespect by marrying the eve - teaser,taking the battle into his home.

One scene has the couple standing around while the goon's mother and father discuss the fact that the bride did not let her husband near him on her on her wedding night.The father suddenly sticks his gun at his son's head.The son narrows his eyes and dares his father to kill him.Later his mother is told by his father,that she needs to have her tongue chopped off with a pair of scissors because she interrupts when the menfolk are talking.
But on the blog called "TV serials and TV shows" there are 53 comments about Pratigya and here's what the viewers have to say:"It's the best serial"."It's the best story.This story is about Women Power.I like Pratigya's character"."Excellent concept.It should be seen by all women and girls.It's very good and congrats to the entire team of Pratigya"."It's a pretty good serial and I like Krishna's character a lot".Pratigya has a very good storyline"."I don't know whether I should say this but I like the way Krishna speaks in the serial.Hats off to the entire team .I see this show mainly because I like Krishna a lot".

Krishna is the goon who is the raffish protagonist."It's a nice serial.I love Krishna's eyes"."Pratigya serial is very good.All the characters are very realistic and Krishna is awesome.His dialogue delivery is wonderful.I like him a lot.Infact I am going crazzy about him".

If this degree of appreciation need comprehending,here is another visitor's comment which offers an explanation:"The serial has started off well....the challenge is to sustain the interest.Krishna is a typical young brat from North India which would appeal to the young audience".

Young audiences are discovering that harassing her is the way to get the girl you want?There I go being literal again.However not all academics think people will take away the right messages from regressive seeming soaps.Osmania University media academic Padmaja Shaw has just started a blog called"WAVE,Women against violent entertainment",in order to build a movement against violent programming on media that targets women.
                                                                      __________

Ok thts it guys.Hope u like it.

😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

yakkudimag thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Sahi likha hai..empowerment ki aadh me promote kia jaa raha hai gundagardi.😡

shruthiR thumbnail
Aur kisiko article acha nahi laga kya???
Almas. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: yakkudimag

Sahi likha hai..empowerment ki aadh me promote kia jaa raha hai gundagardi.😡

i dont hink soo yaar......
dusre serials me bhi pata nai kya kya dikhate hain.......
behel thumbnail
can't ppl watch a show w/o you PC les***** always being party poopers. Even if the show was demeaning towards women, it is TV not real life. Both guys and girls watch the show and the fact that it is no. 1 proves the point that ppl like the concept. ppl have a choice and they choose to watch this serial. btw, pratigya is not real, it is ACTING AND THEY ARE PAID NOT FORCED. can't you see the difference? idiot.
yakkudimag thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: behel

can't ppl watch a show w/o you PC les***** always being party poopers. Even if the show was demeaning towards women, it is TV not real life. Both guys and girls watch the show and the fact that it is no. 1 proves the point that ppl like the concept. ppl have a choice and they choose to watch this serial. btw, pratigya is not real, it is ACTING AND THEY ARE PAID NOT FORCED. can't you see the difference? idiot.

Aap kaun Mahapurush yaa Mahamaai hain..jo is tarha ki baatein suna rahi hain?

Silentsoul thumbnail
very good article...indeed......this serial made fun of Maan ki awaz against  eve teasing....anyway love story is different thing but the way women are shown in Krishna family is simply horrendous, Only Kirshna act like human being to women all other are MCPs....