1/04 - Sid-Riddz-Yuvi-Armaan: And fate mocked.

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Sid was livid at his mom for making Riddhima cry and run out of the room.He hated it. He just hated the way his KSKBT Burger and KGGK Pasta Abriatta fed mother behaved with Riddhima. He could put full-steps to the water-logged trumpets of his mom . He could tell her now that Riddhima was his wife and her daughter-in-law. Yuvi had cleared his exams and sooner or later , he would marry Naina.......there was no need to carry on this drama anymore. But wait a minute and wait right there, Sid tells himself....

What am I going to tell mom? That Riddhima is my wife? How can I? Telling Mom the truth means letting the cat out of the bag to meow-meow everywhere. Armaan will know and I don't know if that is right or not because Riddhima herself hasn't told Armaan yet. Do I have the right to put Armaan through this when I don't even know what is Riddhima's take and her decision. And if mom knows that Riddhima is my wife , she will be instantly shackled by the binding values of this relationship and that means I leave her with no choice of going to Armaan and staying with me.No, Mom cannot be told of anything about my marriage with Riddhima.

And as Sid battles with the right and the wrong in his mind and heart, listening to his monster mom's bickering , Stella's vampish act from 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest' and Armaan's warm balmy presence , he walks away , fully understanding that from where he stands he is going to hang between the good and the bad , no matter how good his intentions are. Carrying a load he goes away.....

At that time , you look at Armaan.More than Sid ,you want to jump out of your skin and hug him.Hug him because he is inside this little glass globe full of confetti, sparkles and stars - hug him because he has no idea that the world has turned upside down and changed beyond recognition in these few months - hug him because the woman he loves is somebody's wife and the man he has taken a liking to is a volcano of emotions for him and against him - hug him because he doesn't know that he is going to burn with Sid-Riddz sooner than he can think. He sits warm in his glass globe while the world burns outside for the most ridiculous but profound reasons. We leave Armaan with his dimpled smile hoping that he can smile as long as he can.

While Riddhima studies the geography of Sanjivani and tries to figure out her life and where she stands in reference to Sid and Armaan , Sid tries to wash off the stains of the circumstances that they are facing. Yuvi comes to him and what follows is one of the sweetest heart-to-heart conversations between the two friends that we have not seen in DMG in a long long time.

Sid and Yuvi discuss the ironic junctures where their lives stand today. Sid tells Yuvi that he is at crossroads today - he doesn't know what the future is or where his life will go but yeah , it will never be the same.It is strange where life takes you. Sid had never thought that he would ever have any feelings for Riddhima - he was all set to unite her with Armaan and from then on , the way his journey with Riddhima kick started , there was no turning back. And they actually began to fall for each-other. Yuvi laughs sardonically at the mockery that fate makes out of life and says... and Armaan made an entry and put speed breakers to your love story. Sometimes , life makes you laugh at it's weird twists. Sid nods. He tells Yuvi with finality that he knows that somebody is going to have his heart broken in this round of musical chairs and one has to be ready for it. Yuvi shakes his head and says look at me. So-called angry young man! What am I doing , man? Passing stupid exams , waiting to talk about marriage with Naina's filthy rich cuckoo Dad and not knowing what the future holds. I mean , can life really change that much? The two men - each facing a battle of his own smile at each-other and joke that how Sanjivani has complicated their lives! If they both would have stayed away , Riddhima and Naina would have never turned them into mad tigers running after their own tails.

And as Yuvi-Sid hug each-other and promise to stand by each-other through thick and thin, you remember how they both have always stood by each-other and even after fights , found their way to each-other. The way Sid supported Yuvi when nobody else did and the way Yuvi stands up for Sid the moment anyone dares to utter a word against him speaks volumes that friendship is not always about chewing-gum movement. Subtle support and a hug of comfort and reassurance that somebody will hold the lamp for you is enough. That's what Sid-Yuvi were for you today.

Armaan cannot be touched right now. He is on a cloud or rather he is like this mirage as of now  that can never be reached. He is miles away from reality and as he floats into his land of roses and candyfloss where him and Riddhima used to sing together, you wish that he must never know the truth - his bliss and his dreams make you want to keep him inside his confetti glass globe. The truth is too harsh and Armaan's heart too fragile. You never know. Armaan may surprise you by taking the news of Sid-Riddz marriage with the courage of David but right now, you want to leave him , his innocence and his fluff alone.

For Riddhima , the cup of woes is finally filling up to the brim . The whole Sanjivani knows that she is married to Siddhanth and they are watching her being mooned over by Armaan. What light does it present her in and she is no longer interested in being a butt of honour-dishonour jokes.And Armaan needs to know the truth as well. Riddhima thinks she is ready to tell Armaan the truth but she cannot tell him alone and then, she messages Sid.

On the other hand , Sid's mind knows no rest. He cannot get over the anger he feels against his mother for treating Riddhima like scum but with what rights is he going to stop his Mom? The problem is still where it was - Telling Mom the truth means setting her over Riddz' head to keep a hawk's eye on her and giving her 'Maan-Maryada-two-spoons-sindoor' lectures and keeping her tied to Sid.That would mean closing all roads for Riddhima that could lead to Armaan and that means going back on his resolve to give Riddhima a free hand. And then he decides to do what you fear the most. Riddhima calls Sid on the terrace.

On the terrace, Sid tells Riddhima who is hanging between her feelings for Sid and Armaan that she need not worry. These trying times are not going to break her. It is the time to face the music. He tells Riddhima clearly that it makes no difference what they feel for each-other and what they want to say each-other. The fact is that Armaan is back.

The moment Sid mouths the above mentioned lines , you realize what has been going on in Sid's mind. Unconsciously , he has convinced himself that there is no way Riddhima will come back to him with Armaan back in the picture. Having seen Riddhima's insanity for Armaan from the closest and fully understanding that Riddhima's feelings for Sid came after when Armaan had ebbed out , Sid has this belief that Riddhima will leave him and go to Armaan. If you hear what Sid tells Yuvi in the restroom , he clearly says that when all hopes of Armaan ever coming back were over , it was only then , him and Riddhima thought of a life together..... and now, Armaan is back. That's why he tells Riddhima that what we feel and what we want to say to each-other makes no difference. Sid Yesterday, when Keerti had asked Sid that why isn't he scared of losing Riddhima , his helpless answer had actually said it all - Jo baat mere bass mein hai hi nahiin , use main kaise rok sakta hoon.....

When Sid tells Riddhima that his mom is under stress , he is only using that as an excuse because his sentence ends at 'Armaan bhi....' which he never completes and changes the track immediately. What he doesn't tell his wife is that he is doing what he can to save her from his monster mom's wrath and he is throwing her towards Armaan because his mother has mistaken her as his wife and there is a limit to which he can put her character under his mother's scanner. The thought of Sid's character , in the sense of literature is also that having convinced himself that Riddz will go to Armaan , he is preparing himself for the rejection by pushing her towards Armaan , so that the hurt lessens and he can condition himself for the heartbreak.Not to forget , Riddhima never told anything to Sid about meeting Armaan and he got all the details of the meeting from Armaan himself. And that only strengthens Sid's psycho-emotional state as far as his wife is concerned.

Right now, more than  the characters ,  it's the situations and circumstances that are butchered.Armaan is in his shell of innocence as of now. Sid-Riddz are oscillating between right and wrong , thanks to their lack of communication and their mutual reluctance as each waits for the other to take a step.

I don't know about you guys , but for me , the moments of the day were the following two:

1. The Sid-Yuvi conversation.
2. Sid telling Riddz that he knows she is confused in her heart. Riddz's reaction was worth watching.

P.S - If you have something valid and sensible to say , i will be obliged that you cared to answer in my thread. Incase , you want to plant demonstration flags in here , please don't bother. I would hate to see you insult your intelligence and me grace my stupidity. Please keep the thread clean or else we will  have moderators coming after us with curtain rods and broomsticks. 

Love and luck to everyone,โค๏ธ

God bless everyone, ๐Ÿค—

Pocoz.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Mummyji needs to go back to her damn KSBKBT serials and go torment Tulsi..she could give even Komalika a run for her money.. !!

I think all characters are justified in their places.. although I am an SR fan, I am rooting for the right thing to happen.. and if Riddhima goes back to Armaan, then fine..let her go.. if she stays w/ Sid then let her stay.. but slowly drowning the dagger of fate into our hearts is only making the pain worse..I wish it would've been once good stab to which we could've just died instantly
Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Great writing Pocu๐Ÿ‘

I can see where Sid is going with this and what he is doing, and i dont know whether he wants the hurt to lessen or make it hurt him more, and the pain to take over till he feels numb

Sid is preparing for a heartbreak, thats all its ever been since the day he saw Armaan back and deep down knowing Ridz will choose Armaan thats hammered in him (but he has this one weak little hope that maybe just maybe Ridz will choose him๐Ÿฅบ) - i dont blame him, its natural for him to think that, coz he has seen the love she has/had for Armaan

All his emotions are deep buried, and if he breaks or once lets any of his emotions out, he wont be able to stop himself, that will totally break him

I dont know why in all this they are not being totally to the point with Armaan, but i guess there is big confrontation planned or something when it comes out ๐Ÿ˜•

As for Ridz, i know its her decision but i dont think she has that courage to even make a choice, its like she cant in a way ๐Ÿ˜•

I really liked the Yuvi and Sid talk, i like how Yuvi totally stands up for Sid and has done in the past, with the photos issues or the rape issue i think and then when Yuvi brought Sid to Ridz when she was nearly carted off to the police station when Sid was in the car accident

I hope to see Yuvi there for Sid more and also Dr Keerti, you are right Pocu, Sid said everything in his chat to Dr Keerti - alot of things made sense on why and what he is thinking etc
Edited by Lennie - 14 years ago
princess1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Poco wonderful written .....First and most I missed you !!

Yes, the circumstances are built around seems for one person unrealistic and other for realistic....!!

The situation is worsen for Sid and Ridz lives by entering Sid's mom more ....this person is going on dillema and dillema.........
only thing i did not like about today's episode........the word " NATAK"

and it is famous in DMG drama ....all are doing "NATAK" lolz...!!

But one thing to mention dear...you have penned down all the emotions very nicely and beautifully dear !! wondeful scene of the day today is YUVI and SID  heart to heart  conversations!!
Edited by princess1 - 14 years ago
Rush_25 thumbnail
You said it all!!! loud and clear!!!!  Sid is using Mom as an excuse!!!!!! 
Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yet another awesome piece of writing! Poco.....your words ...make me run out of my words!๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜†
this is my reply........please bear with me๐Ÿ˜†

Read it as Armaan singing to Ridz....Ridz singing to herself....and Sid singing to Riddhima
Armaan--Desperate for changing
Starving for truth
I'm closer to where I started
Chasing after you

Siddhant-I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held onto
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you

Riddhima--Forgetting all I'm lacking
Completely incomplete

Armaan---I'll take your invitation

Siddhant--You take all of me now...

Armaan--I'm living for the only thing I know

Riddhima---I'm running and not quite sure where to go

Siddhant---And I don't know what I'm diving into

Armaan-Find Me Here
Speak To Me
I want to feel you
I need to hear you
You are the light
That's leading me
To the place where I find peace again.

Siddhant--You are the strength, that keeps me walking.
You are the hope, that keeps me trusting.
You are the light to my soul.
You are my purpose...you're everything.

Riddhima-I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing
With a broken heart that's still beating Edited by Ramy25 - 14 years ago
Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This is seriously one of the greatest posts I ever read on I-F. I want to save it.
I love how you analyzed it. It's so rare we see people analyze things. Almost everything is taken at face value.

I feel so bad for Sid. I really want to jump in the screen and hug him. He has it the worst. But he is taking the most realistic approach. He is protecting everyone. he doesn't have any ties to Armaan yet he is holding it in and not hurting Armaan by revealing the earth shattering secret. He is protecting Rids by letting her think everything through.

Edited by Perfangel5655 - 14 years ago
Sofna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

This situtation is soooooooooo frustratin..........for the characters and the audience equally๐Ÿ˜†

Do u no one thin that leaps out at me is that Armaan character has had no growth or change despite so many circumstances!!!

Even Rhidhz i don't see much differnce!!

Yet Sid from one situation of his marriage has done a complete role reversal to the character he began with!!!

Awsome post!!!๐Ÿค—
supercool3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

nice post..

And you are right about all of the characters. I mean they are all living in their own worlds, with different thoughts running in their heads. All are miles apart from each other.

Sid has already decided that this is what his fate is going to be and there's nothing stopping it. He is preparing himself for the worst. But honestly, I think he should just cry it out. Never ever try to hold all your pain inside. It's so close to being a living dead

Armaan is still in his own  land. He is completely oblivious to the world. It's just like watching a child sleep with a smile on its face, and you just don't want to disturb it. But soon he will have to wake up  and face reality, despite how good his dream was.

Riddhima, the most confused character ever, in my opinion. But at the same time, you really don't have the heart to be mad at her because she is in a no-win situation. Life had never been easy on her. When she thought that everything might cool down, the final challenge is thrown at her. She always keeps on running away from her problems and just expects the easy way out. But this time, there is no easy way out.

Yuvi. I just love the way that he always sticks up for Sid. And it's quite nice too because these two never really got a long with each other before. But the fact that they are always there for each other even when the world doesn't believe them is just wow. Now that is true.

Edited by supercool3 - 14 years ago
princess1 thumbnail

one reason i like poco's post is i love to read  review  of wonderful people and most wonderful replies ever.....