Chat Clubs

The Reading Group-Invites ONLY- 4 |p146| (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 151

axeion

IF-Sizzlerz

axeion

Posted: 03 April 2010 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Xserial_queenX

Hmm, like I said before lol the only telugu movies I watch is for my eye candy siddarth.Embarrassed
Siddharth, sometimes he irritates me. His selection of movies is good, but his whiny voice irritates me at timesLOL sorry, but I had to say it...I remember even Neetu and Kehan watch alot of his movies..Do u understand telugu?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aladin-Incognit0pinkisluv91

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Reading Group-Invites ONLY- 4 |p146| (Page 3)" in Chat Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

immunoblot

IF-Rockerz

immunoblot

Posted: 03 April 2010 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Veritas

Ok I am going to post the First question relevant to our Book.

From what I have heard..Three Cups of Teas is required reading for anyone visiting the AF-PAK region.
Doesn't  that give in to  the assumption  that terrorism is a socio-economic problem  rather than a political one and can be solved by better education and amenities.
Doesn't Bin laden  and his ideology blow a  hole through that theory..

Not having read the book, I'd answer it this way:
The way I see it, terrorism is more of an ideological problem... I think, it will persist irrespective of education and amenities.
Well-educated people can be indoctrinated, and it is practically impossible to raise the standard of life in backward regions to the same level as the developed world (where terrorism, in its current stereotype of suicide bombers, etc. is not visible). And, actually it all depends on what is classed as terrorism. There are fundamentalists and hard-liners in every society...

We often hear that terrorists are made because of disparities meted out to them by society/destiny/whatever... If this is true, then terrorism can never be completely eradicated. I think, disparity is the nature of human existence. There will always be winners and losers; there will always be people in every rank and scale who have been wronged and are vulnerable to violent ideologies.

So, what needs to be done is for education to adopt an ideological dimension. Killing the virtuous/sinners should be thoroughly discouraged, especially as an act of retribution or for political statements. Education is a suitable way of achieving it, but teaching children how to read, write or count probably doesn't sensitise them to the benefits of peace.
And, then again, on the other hand... if children are taught the doctrine of non-violence, this might be considered propaganda; and we'll again be wondering whether that is ethical or not... (It'll be the opposite of Krishna telling Arjun to fight...)

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

amyriaadiroykapurIncognit0RainbowWarriorpinkisluv91

adiroykapur

Goldie

adiroykapur

Posted: 03 April 2010 at 1:58pm | IP Logged

From what I have heard..Three Cups of Teas is required reading for anyone visiting the AF-PAK region.
Doesn't  that give in to  the assumption  that terrorism is a socio-economic problem  rather than a political one and can be solved by better education and amenities.

I have heard this debate many times before. My two history teachers always discuss whether or not terrorism is a political problem rather than a education one. One teacher believes that ignorance leads to these ideas about how violence will solve everything while my other teacher believes that the people who choose to be terrorists get an education so they can accomplish their goals better.

I personally feel that it's a problem of ignorance. I think people who are uneducated get brainwashed by others, thus end up feeling a strong emotion towards the subject and want to do what's "right" as their leader says.

Hmm sorry if my answer is confusing Confused

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

amyriaIncognit0RainbowWarriorimmunoblotaxeionpinkisluv91

adiroykapur

Goldie

adiroykapur

Posted: 03 April 2010 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by axeion

Hmm, like I said before lol the only telugu movies I watch is for my eye candy siddarth.Embarrassed
Siddharth, sometimes he irritates me. His selection of movies is good, but his whiny voice irritates me at timesLOL sorry, but I had to say it...I remember even Neetu and Kehan watch alot of his movies..Do u understand telugu?

I dont understand it lol. I love the clear print of the movies though and love that most movies have subtitiles. His voice isnt whinyy, its cutee lol. ive noticed that he also speaks english really well.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aladin-Incognit0axeionpinkisluv91

pinkisluv91

IF-Stunnerz

pinkisluv91

Posted: 03 April 2010 at 3:12pm | IP Logged

Terrorism can be partially solved through a better education and amenities. I agree, but it can't be fully solved. It's a problem that can't be solved. 

Most terrorists are depressed people who want to kill themselves and everyone else and so they do these violent acts and sometimes end up dying themselves. They don't care about their life. If they were educated they would probably understand that it would be pointless to kill others and themselves for no reason and that life is valuable. If they had better lives and better amenities they wouldn't think of doing all these acts:)

Like I said I can't understand terrorism at all. It's illogical to me.

amyriaadiroykapurIncognit0RainbowWarriorimmunoblotaxeion

Incognit0

IF-Dazzler

Incognit0

Posted: 03 April 2010 at 5:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by axeion

The guy has nice hairWink.
Is the movie a period film??

Smita ji..u r influenced by NitzOuch He is a psycho, not just in movies but in real life tooOuch

The movie was a stupid movie, hero gets a job in US so the parents want him to get married before he leaves. Hero says find a girl, i'll marry and ends up not seeing her pic till the day of the wedding. Heroine also says..agar woh nahi dekhega then why shld i..finally they see each other on shaadi ka mandap after "jilakara bellam" is over..thats a tradition is telugu weddings that declares u man n wife...but suddenly villain comes n kidnaps the girl...he is a psycho from her coll, and the chase begins...finally it ends with a happy ending Angry

Axeion ji I like him as much as u like him..... I was just being diplomatic when u told about him.

Wow, y do I always stumble upon people who happen to be a relative or friend of Allu Arjun family! Ouch... Last time I met a guy from Hyd in some convention and while talking he asked me whether I liked Arjun's movie Arya... I said that Arjun is a pathetic actor and bla bla bla... none of the comments were good. He gave an evil look and said that he was a close friend of Arjun's elder brother... Confused. Axeion ji I was just trying to be diplomatic when u spoke about him. I agree he is a good dancer but that's just it.... I wouldn't have bothered to watch that movie if u had not misguided me Angry

Edited by nitz17 - 03 April 2010 at 5:13pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aladin-axeion

Veritas

IF-Dazzler

Veritas

Posted: 03 April 2010 at 5:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by immunoblot

Not having read the book, I'd answer it this way:
The way I see it, terrorism is more of an ideological problem... I think, it will persist irrespective of education and amenities.
Well-educated people can be indoctrinated, and it is practically impossible to raise the standard of life in backward regions to the same level as the developed world (where terrorism, in its current stereotype of suicide bombers, etc. is not visible). And, actually it all depends on what is classed as terrorism. There are fundamentalists and hard-liners in every society...

We often hear that terrorists are made because of disparities meted out to them by society/destiny/whatever... If this is true, then terrorism can never be completely eradicated. I think, disparity is the nature of human existence. There will always be winners and losers; there will always be people in every rank and scale who have been wronged and are vulnerable to violent ideologies.

So, what needs to be done is for education to adopt an ideological dimension. Killing the virtuous/sinners should be thoroughly discouraged, especially as an act of retribution or for political statements. Education is a suitable way of achieving it, but teaching children how to read, write or count probably doesn't sensitise them to the benefits of peace.
And, then again, on the other hand... if children are taught the doctrine of non-violence, this might be considered propaganda; and we'll again be wondering whether that is ethical or not... (It'll be the opposite of Krishna telling Arjun to fight...)

I am just at the  5th chapter and till now there has been no mention of terrorism.Its just that people mention poverty and lack of education as a cause for terrorism.
So I thought the question was valid

But agree Whole heartedly   with you Blot ji...Just look at the student who committed Suicide for the Telangana issue or the kids who had burned themselves during the mandal era..weren't they educated.They knew how to read /Write and do arithemetic..something that makes them literate according to the state.But they still decided to do waht they did.
At that particular age you are fairly  impressionable and  arrogant about your infallibility to  fall for ideas like that.
I don't think there is a solution to terrorism either...but violence  cannot be completely ruled out.We need to have a multi pronged approach for a solution.

I have heard this debate many times before. My two history teachers always discuss whether or not terrorism is a political problem rather than a education one. One teacher believes that ignorance leads to these ideas about how violence will solve everything while my other teacher believes that the people who choose to be terrorists get an education so they can accomplish their goals better.

I personally feel that it's a problem of ignorance. I think people who are uneducated get brainwashed by others, thus end up feeling a strong emotion towards the subject and want to do what's "right" as their leader says.

Hmm sorry if my answer is confusing Confused

Your answer does make sense...but that is one aspect of it.
The foot soldiers..The guys who blow themselves up or ram a plane into a building can be labeled as ignorant or misguided fools.
Example one of the terrorists in 26/11  didn't know how to use a tap(according one of the survivors)..When I heard that ..I didn't know whether to feel sorry for him or mad at him.

But their controllers   and the people who planned this whole event  did know better .

I think it  is is pride..This belief ..that their way is the right way..their belief system is the best  and their ideas have the most merit  ..may be a sense of victim  hood  and  a hope of bringing back past glory

Originally posted by pinkisluv91

Terrorism can be partially solved through a better education and amenities. I agree, but it can't be fully solved. It's a problem that can't be solved. 

Most terrorists are depressed people who want to kill themselves and everyone else and so they do these violent acts and sometimes end up dying themselves. They don't care about their life. If they were educated they would probably understand that it would be pointless to kill others and themselves for no reason and that life is valuable. If they had better lives and better amenities they wouldn't think of doing all these acts:)

Like I said I can't understand terrorism at all. It's illogical to me.

Pinks...tht almost sounds like my friends "great depression" answer LOL.

It would be quiet easy to dismiss it like that,but if things were that simple..we would never have had a murder or  a war.
Sometimes violence is necessary.

Edited by Veritas - 03 April 2010 at 5:11pm

amyriaIncognit0RainbowWarriorimmunoblotaxeionpinkisluv91

axeion

IF-Sizzlerz

axeion

Posted: 03 April 2010 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nitz17

Axeion ji I like him as much as u like him..... I was just being diplomatic when u told about him.

Wow, y do I always stumble upon people who happen to be a relative or friend of Allu Arjun family! Ouch... Last time I met a guy from Hyd in some convention and while talking he asked me whether I liked Arjun's movie Arya... I said that Arjun is a pathetic actor and bla bla bla... none of the comments were good. He gave an evil look and said that he was a close friend of Arjun's elder brother... Confused. Axeion ji I was just trying to be diplomatic when u spoke about him. I agree he is a good dancer but that's just it.... I wouldn't have bothered to watch that movie if u had not misguided me Angry
See this is what u get when u try to be diplomatic. I did tell u that I support Mr.Nitz's opinion abt him. And stumbling upon his relatives LOL we can't help it...for one it's all very complicated and he is not the only one I am related to..there are many more in the industry Ouch it's a bad influence for the younger kids in the family, u seeWink

I told  u that the movie was funny, but u din't listen to me..I even told u tell me if u liked it or not, and based on that i'll tell u...Ouch I gave u ample hints to stop u from going for the movie, but u had already said u will be watching it...So I was like, well, OKOuch

Hey BTW, the movie was worth KooossshhhhmmmaaaannndaaaEvil Smile The whole theatre was ROFL when Arjun appears on the top of those chimneys within seconds LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aladin-Incognit0

Post Reply New Post

Go to top