Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Veritas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: axeion

Smita ji, watch this...now we'll talk abt him (forget his abs😑) those abs lured me into watching the movie...but I liked the villain better πŸ˜³

This guy is Arjun, I was swooning over Arya 😳 Have a look again on Arjun and then we'll talk abt him...I am looking for Arya's videos if I can.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8KZmkAIuDA[/YOUTUBE]

The guy has nice hairπŸ˜‰.
Is the movie a period film??

axeion thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Veritas

The guy has nice hairπŸ˜‰.
Is the movie a period film??

Smita ji..u r influenced by Nitz He is a psycho, not just in movies but in real life too

The movie was a stupid movie, hero gets a job in US so the parents want him to get married before he leaves. Hero says find a girl, i'll marry and ends up not seeing her pic till the day of the wedding. Heroine also says..agar woh nahi dekhega then why shld i..finally they see each other on shaadi ka mandap after "jilakara bellam" is over..thats a tradition is telugu weddings that declares u man n wife...but suddenly villain comes n kidnaps the girl...he is a psycho from her coll, and the chase begins...finally it ends with a happy ending 😑
Veritas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Smita ji..u r influenced by Nitz He is a psycho, not just in movies but in real life too

The movie was a stupid movie, hero gets a job in US so the parents want him to get married before he leaves. Hero says find a girl, i'll marry and ends up not seeing her pic till the day of the wedding. Heroine also says..agar woh nahi dekhega then why shld i..finally they see each other on shaadi ka mandap after "jilakara bellam" is over..thats a tradition is telugu weddings that declares u man n wife...but suddenly villain comes n kidnaps the girl...he is a psycho from her coll, and the chase begins...finally it ends with a happy ending 😑

errrm   You saw this in a theatre....

πŸ˜†

and what has the guy done in real life...From What I know all Andhra politicians are scary
..so he can't be that bad
Edited by Veritas - 14 years ago
axeion thumbnail

errrm   You saw this in a theatre.... πŸ˜†

and what has the guy done in real life...From What I know all Andhra politicians are scary
..so he can't be that bad

Yes I saw this in the theatre...woh bhi first day They released the movie without telling who the actress was and thr was a lot of speculation...
The guy's a brat in real life too, he's a distant cousin and everytime he's home for some function he throws his weight arnd. His elder bro is a swthrt and the youngest one is a tailless-monkey πŸ˜†
And u guessed it right, his dad n uncle are into politics..he's Chiranjeevi's B-I-L's son
adiroykapur thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hmm, like I said before lol the only telugu movies I watch is for my eye candy siddarth.😳
axeion thumbnail

Originally posted by: Xserial_queenX

Hmm, like I said before lol the only telugu movies I watch is for my eye candy siddarth.😳

Siddharth, sometimes he irritates me. His selection of movies is good, but his whiny voice irritates me at timesπŸ˜† sorry, but I had to say it...I remember even Neetu and Kehan watch alot of his movies..Do u understand telugu?
immunoblot thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Ok I am going to post the First question relevant to our Book.

From what I have heard..Three Cups of Teas is required reading for anyone visiting the AF-PAK region.
Doesn't  that give in to  the assumption  that terrorism is a socio-economic problem  rather than a political one and can be solved by better education and amenities.
Doesn't Bin laden  and his ideology blow a  hole through that theory..

Not having read the book, I'd answer it this way:
The way I see it, terrorism is more of an ideological problem... I think, it will persist irrespective of education and amenities.
Well-educated people can be indoctrinated, and it is practically impossible to raise the standard of life in backward regions to the same level as the developed world (where terrorism, in its current stereotype of suicide bombers, etc. is not visible). And, actually it all depends on what is classed as terrorism. There are fundamentalists and hard-liners in every society...

We often hear that terrorists are made because of disparities meted out to them by society/destiny/whatever... If this is true, then terrorism can never be completely eradicated. I think, disparity is the nature of human existence. There will always be winners and losers; there will always be people in every rank and scale who have been wronged and are vulnerable to violent ideologies.

So, what needs to be done is for education to adopt an ideological dimension. Killing the virtuous/sinners should be thoroughly discouraged, especially as an act of retribution or for political statements. Education is a suitable way of achieving it, but teaching children how to read, write or count probably doesn't sensitise them to the benefits of peace.
And, then again, on the other hand... if children are taught the doctrine of non-violence, this might be considered propaganda; and we'll again be wondering whether that is ethical or not... (It'll be the opposite of Krishna telling Arjun to fight...)

adiroykapur thumbnail

From what I have heard..Three Cups of Teas is required reading for anyone visiting the AF-PAK region.
Doesn't  that give in to  the assumption  that terrorism is a socio-economic problem  rather than a political one and can be solved by better education and amenities.

I have heard this debate many times before. My two history teachers always discuss whether or not terrorism is a political problem rather than a education one. One teacher believes that ignorance leads to these ideas about how violence will solve everything while my other teacher believes that the people who choose to be terrorists get an education so they can accomplish their goals better.

I personally feel that it's a problem of ignorance. I think people who are uneducated get brainwashed by others, thus end up feeling a strong emotion towards the subject and want to do what's "right" as their leader says.

Hmm sorry if my answer is confusing πŸ˜•
adiroykapur thumbnail

Siddharth, sometimes he irritates me. His selection of movies is good, but his whiny voice irritates me at timesπŸ˜† sorry, but I had to say it...I remember even Neetu and Kehan watch alot of his movies..Do u understand telugu?

I dont understand it lol. I love the clear print of the movies though and love that most movies have subtitiles. His voice isnt whinyy, its cutee lol. ive noticed that he also speaks english really well.
pinkisluv91 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Terrorism can be partially solved through a better education and amenities. I agree, but it can't be fully solved. It's a problem that can't be solved. 

Most terrorists are depressed people who want to kill themselves and everyone else and so they do these violent acts and sometimes end up dying themselves. They don't care about their life. If they were educated they would probably understand that it would be pointless to kill others and themselves for no reason and that life is valuable. If they had better lives and better amenities they wouldn't think of doing all these acts:)

Like I said I can't understand terrorism at all. It's illogical to me.