The heart is still aching to seek,
But the feet question 'Whither?'

Ah, when to the heart of man
Was it ever less than a treason
To go with the drift of things,
To yield with a grace to reason,
And bow and accept the end
Of a love or a season?

I couldn't think of a more poignant or apt piece of writing to describe the triumvirate of DMG tonight.

Reluctance.....

...on the part of Armaan to let things be, to accept the unacceptable, to mask his love, to give up on his reason for living, to try and really understand what's driving Ridhima not realising that his world is going to come crashing down...

....on the part of Ridhima to give in to that momentary weakness when her love is so close and yet so far, to let down Sid and give in to her temptations, to let go of something that she's just started to rebuild, to hurt either of the men whose happiness lies in her hands...

....on the part of Sid to force Ridhima to choose his happiness, to completely let go and allow Armaan to live his (Sid's) dream,  to be the man he thinks he should be or to be the child that he wants to be, to hold out his hand and ask Ridhima to hold it, forever, to give Ridhima a gentle nudge to where he fears her happiness may lie....

Three tortured souls, their sorrows and happiness inexplicably bound to each other, all three of them were heartbreaking....

Edited by DMGFan-2b-not2b - 14 years ago
Posted: 14 years ago
love the poem ... but more so I love the way you used it to depict the feelings of three really talented actors.

I swear sometimes I feel the viewers add soooo much more to what the CVs are trying to show ... what keeps it going - the viewers filling in for the 'in-between-the-line-sentiments'. 

Otherwise who'd prefer TV over reading ...

Originally posted by lilmzsunshine

love the poem ... but more so I love the way you used it to depict the feelings of three really talented actors.

I swear sometimes I feel the viewers add soooo much more to what the CVs are trying to show ... what keeps it going - the viewers filling in for the 'in-between-the-line-sentiments'. 

Otherwise who'd prefer TV over reading ...

Thanks so much... and I know what you mean by TV over books... but there are some really talented writers on this forum, and if I still watch occasionally its courtesy them cos they make the episode come alive...

very well written i did Catch Yest's Epi and it was surely Heartbreaking to see Riddhima's Past as well as present torturing her .But Somehow i Cant seem to symphatise with her character .I mean Armaan is hellbent on trying to woo Back riddhima and sid is being the self Sacrificing lover.she needs to make a choice Fast but whatever is her choice it will surely Break a heart ,who's  heart it is i dont know .just hope Riddhima makes a wise decision and a fast one and sticks to it or else it will be better if both Armaan and Sid dump Riddhima and move on 🤢
Nice poem...and your post is well written too...so aptly describes the lives of all three...Armaan, Riddhima, and SID.  Its a very tough situation that time and circumstances have put them into...and no matter what happens....who Ridzi chooses, one will be truly hurt!!
Robet Frost, one of my many loves. 😆 All his works stun me, especially 'The Road Less Travelled'. Your write up sums up the scattered thoughts of the individuals well too, and one way or another, none of the beings are going to be the same they were a few months back. Yes, that one person will receive the ultimate shock, but Riddhima and whoever she lays her fingers upon will never be on the same boat either again. She leads a life with Siddhanth, she will never erase the sweat dreams her and Armaan once upon a time wove together; she picks her first love, except she will never disregard that Siddhanth touched her soul so deeply.

But..............I don't want to read in too much between the lines because there's never any grey areas to ponder over in Tele serials. It's mostly either black or white, so that the babies that watch the show in large numbers are satisfied with it and can comprehend it to their full abilities.

Edited by zainab25 - 14 years ago
I love that poem totally suites him
@DMGFan-2b-not2b awesome writing again and this poem is just 🤗, I think writer like you in the forum will pull me back here else looking at the standards of normal contents, and usual bashing I really don't wanna visit often. its funny how people reciprocate if you have different POV then theirs anyways I will be happy to see this drama ending in coming weeks.

and solely my POV the reluctance of Riddhima somehow getting beyond my understanding, I mean sudden confusion is acceptable but playing ping pong is something I can;'t understand. I can tell you that most probably Riddhima will end up with her first love, but will she be able to carry on with the free heart and no guilt?
well moreover if CVs show her light hearted intern playing arround with her beau, all over the Hospital cum circus to please 1000+ chicks then I better quit watching indian tele soaps or better sticks to Sony TV's sane shows aired once a week

One more thing beyond my understanding is mockery of marriages in TV industry thanks to Ekta Kapoor, I think we really need a drastic makeover of the industry to bring back the sanity of relations, This is TRP thing definitely needs better algorithms as when I read it was heck just few houses to decide the viewership.

Another thing which surprised me how convinient people are in breaking and making marriages, whoa I am already scared of my future generation, its gonna be mess!
Originally posted by monar

@DMGFan-2b-not2b awesome writing again and this poem is just 🤗, I think writer like you in the forum will pull me back here else looking at the standards of normal contents, and usual bashing I really don't wanna visit often. its funny how people reciprocate if you have different POV then theirs anyways I will be happy to see this drama ending in coming weeks.

and solely my POV the reluctance of Riddhima somehow getting beyond my understanding, I mean sudden confusion is acceptable but playing ping pong is something I can;'t understand. I can tell you that most probably Riddhima will end up with her first love, but will she be able to carry on with the free heart and no guilt?
well moreover if CVs show her light hearted intern playing arround with her beau, all over the Hospital cum circus to please 1000+ chicks then I better quit watching indian tele soaps or better sticks to Sony TV's sane shows aired once a week

One more thing beyond my understanding is mockery of marriages in TV industry thanks to Ekta Kapoor, I think we really need a drastic makeover of the industry to bring back the sanity of relations, This is TRP thing definitely needs better algorithms as when I read it was heck just few houses to decide the viewership.

Another thing which surprised me how convinient people are in breaking and making marriages, whoa I am already scared of my future generation, its gonna be mess!

you're very right.  Marriage has become a mockery now - and not only in television.  I dunno what part of the world you're from, but here in the US the divorce rate is over 50 percent ... that ought to tell you something.

PPl go into marraiges like Ridzi went in (don't start jumping up and down folks, I'm not done with my thought yet ... ) - to please family, society, or even to satisy an image we have of what a "perfect hubby" should be like.  And when reality comes in ... well then, all bets are off.

Similary, there's this unrealistic portrayal of love and relationship in this marriage (again, SR fans, don't start shooting me yet).   Everything happened to fast.  Fine, she got married to him.  For better or worse, good or bad, it was a done deal.  They shoulda taken their time getting close.  You don't, absolutely not, get over a 2.5 year relationship in mere weeks AND start to fall for someone, who oh by teh way you hated and were hell bent on destroying, all in a few weeks.

Much as I'm an AR fan, the only stable character here has been Sid.  Yes, again, I'm an AR fan, but I am also a fan of KW. 

I don't watch many soaps, this is actually my 2nd one, so I dunno what the shows typically portray, and shudder to think that these shows have impacts on teenage girls, BUT if it's true, they really ought to rethink such cr**.   

BTW - I'm totally perplexed by those who've been crying "indian values" coz honestly, that one sailed away a long time ago in my opinion (on this show).   Why didn't anyone cry indian values then?  

*shakes head*

I am just not going to force my brain cells to deteriorate any further. I agree with contrasting views laid out in this thread, which again just displays how unsought and bizarre Clowns Mill Gayye has become. I got back to watching it after 2 years, only because I had thought that season 1 was done with, but no not yet...it was dug up back from it's grave to show such unrealistic situations.

Oh boy. Ar foreva chants do not bother me a tad, but what I am baffled by is that this show probably amongst many other shows has displayed social issues in the most insensitive way possible. Ok, fine, the marriage Siddhanth - Riddhima entered doesn't signify much to them and the showmakers, but perhaps to the conservative folks (not just in India, but elsewhere too) who value the sacred bond, it makes a difference. They have butchered a pure sentiment - love - infinity times on the show as well. How many times have A-R been in and out of love now? I have lost count. A billion maybe? Any doctor who views this soap probably rolls their eyes, because it's plainly disrespectful to showcase a hospital in such a clown - i - fied way. Seriously, when did these interns ever treat anyone last time? All they go to the hospital is to romance, eye lock, have a play with the dupatta, and yadda, yadda, yadda. Those freaking wresting/boxing matches, car races, bike races, and whatever the heck it was....juveniles laugh out loud at it too.

And the BIGGEST WTFreak clause is Armaan's memory fiasco. Didn't the man lose his memory? How the heaven's sake does he now recall the term 'basket' and events from 2 years back?

Now coming back to the current scenario, as per the news sources, there's a twist upcoming in April where Riddhima shall be Armaan's forever. *chuckles* As Monar pointed out, I'd also be perplexed if RIddhima within days goes back to playing eye - locks and hide and seek at the circus just days after breaking off her ties with Siddhanth.  ðŸ˜†

So much to say about such a worthless show. It's like an addiction. Once you're in it, there's no way out, but in my defense, I have not viewed C-M-G this week at all. *proud muh*

Edited by zainab25 - 14 years ago