Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Singer RICKY MARTIN admits that he is gay.

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

-Mmmmm-

-Mmmmm-

Posted: 29 March 2010 at 10:23pm | IP Logged

Ricky Martin is 'a fortunate homosexual man'

Singer says thinking about his sons, writing memoir led him to come out

Image: Ricky Martin, Matteo Martin, Valentino Martin
Pablo Alfaro / AP
Singer Ricky Martin says that thinking about his twin sons Matteo, left and Valentino, led him to come out.
Access Hollywood
updated 5:25 p.m. ET, Mon., March. 29, 2010

NEW YORK - After years of keeping quiet about his personal life, pop star Ricky Martin has announced that he is gay.

"I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man," Ricky said in a message posted on his offical Web site. "I am very blessed to be who I am."

Martin said writing his memoir and thinking about his twin sons led him to go public.

Story continues below ?
advertisement | your ad here
"To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids where (sic) born with. Enough is enough. This has to change. This was not supposed to happen five or 10 years ago, it is supposed to happen now. Today is my day, this is my time, and this is my moment," he wrote.

Though the 38-year-old kept his sexuality private throughout most of his career, Martin said he drew strength from that time.

"These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth gives me the power to conquer emotions I didn't even know existed," he continued.

"What will happen from now on? It doesn't matter. I can only focus on what's happening to me in this moment. The word 'happiness' takes on a new meaning for me as of today. It has been a very intense process. Every word that I write in this letter is born out of love, acceptance, detachment and real contentment. Writing this is a solid step towards my inner peace and vital part of my evolution."

Earlier this month, Barbara Walters told The Toronto Star that her 2000 interview with the "Livin' La Vida Loca" singer, where she grilled him about coming out, was a misstep on her part.

"In 2000, I pushed Ricky Martin very hard to admit if he was gay or not, and the way he refused to do it made everyone decide that he was," she told The Toronto Star. "A lot of people say that destroyed his career, and when I think back on it now, I feel it was an inappropriate question."

Martin also tweeted a link to his coming out announcement on his Web site, simply writing, "my life."

In an earlier tweet on Monday, the singer posted a quote attributed to the late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. M.L.K.Jr.," he wrote.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veilruky786

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Singer RICKY MARTIN admits that he is gay." in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

xChandnix

IF-Sizzlerz

xChandnix

Posted: 01 April 2010 at 7:50am | IP Logged
This is not related to Bollywood, hence topic closed. (:

Post Reply New Post

Go to top