Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: Sani_Rani

hahahahaha

swasmit dear,
that part was the best till now.                           :oh, thank u so much
man u know which punches to use.                :thanks again
and uff some lines just cracked me up          
"namaste would do, leave her hand, rascal"
hahahaha. ooh man he didn't even fell in love yet and he is being all posessive. but sani likey
are u from an engineering college aswell?         :yes, National Institute OF technolgy,
if yes, then nice to meet u.                                       : and if no? 😉
 do share ur personal ragging experience with me sometimes.        :i have already shared with u guys
hahaha.
love
saniya

Originally posted by: kweetrockstar

oh boy Swasmit tht was one cool part            :thank u seriously, u r awesome i totally loved it

all the scenes were so rocking,
armaan n riddhima,
rahul n armaan,
armaan n armaan

u rock amazingly
thanks for the pm

Originally posted by: dhruvikaluvsKSG

awesome part

thanks

Swasmit thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: .:.MONA.:.

hey the udpate was really nicely done...really well written and organized....oh so ridz and armaan are becoming friends slowy by slowy..cant wait to read more...thankx 4 the pm...and update ASAP..

❤️MONA

Originally posted by: dipu

hey!!!

just catch up with your ff....

loved it man..

i mean engineers..........wow you are describing it perfectly..

plz add me in pm list

Originally posted by: lil_desi_goddes

well written part, i loved the whole conversations between armaan-riddhima... please do continue soon!

thanks to all 😊

Swasmit thumbnail
Originally posted by: arzu-k

Why? I mean are their any proteins and vitamins in the vodka that I am not aware of?"

"I relieves tension. And that's more important than proteins and vitamins here at IIT."gud thought

"Okay, but I am not into these."!" Riddhima said and Rahul nodded his head. They did handshake. A 'Namaste' would have been fine, leave her hand, rascal.What about yours?"wow jealous

"Terrible, the seniors are making us to all their works." She said making face. Looked cute. Can I kiss you?itnee jaldi........ ignited the wastage. It burnt like hell. The guards came running towards the fire meanwhile we got away without being seen by the guardswere you?" so nice i,mgonna try this Rahul asked as I entered his room. He had returned from the mess, I guess.

"Oxidation."

"Oxidation?"

"Was eating oxygen."

"Oxygen?"

"Fresh air."

"Air?"

I picked a pencil lying there and aimed at him. Fortunately, it missed him; otherwise his myopia-tragedy would have been converted into one-eyed-tragedy.bechara rahullllllgr8888888 update &nice dialouges gud

dont try dat
and btw thanks

Swasmit thumbnail
Originally posted by: ksg_sonia

awwwwww

i LOVE armaan's character yaar
its soooooo KOOL! n its just lyk the ideal university guy            :thanks
i have only one complaint, u r riting very short parts in this fic       :yaar i m not getting time dats why
i want em to b longer pls                       :will try
this part was totally cool, riddhima being the smae riddhima, and being such a sweet soul! hehe
she's always adorable
and wow armaan is already posessive about her
thts cute
tc
luv sonia

Originally posted by: sisgeo

gr8 update.............had fun reading it....continue soon.......

thanks

sushi1987 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
greattttttttttttttt.... please update soon and PM me.
Swasmit thumbnail
Originally posted by: sushi1987

greattttttttttttttt.... please update soon and PM me.

thanks,,,
-Aliya- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
haha funny and cute part.

'a namaste would've been fine, leave her hand rascal' haha

looked like a carrot that tasted like a tomato...okay dnt think iv tasted anything like that before hehe

tnx for the pm

Tahmina😉
Swasmit thumbnail

Extremely sorry for the late update, but you guys don't seem to be concerned about it anyway. Huh, the reason about the late update is a huge blunder in my college. Okay, forget that. One more thing is that, nowadays I come online mostly through cell phone and I don't know why but the comment-writing box isn't visible on the cell phone browser. Opera mini sucks at that point. That's why I can't comment here. So, if any of you are on Twitter, you can follow me @swarnabh . Swarnabh, that's my real name, real and official. Okay. So many of you might be thinking what this is. I must tell you guys that, it is just a lame ad to increase my followers on twitter. Don't worry I will return you the favour, that means I will follow you back. I remain online on twitter almost the whole day, in classes too. Back to the story, with this speed, I hope to complete this fiction before 2012 since I don't know whether the Earth is gonna celebrate its obituary or ours. Anyway, the movie was a crap. And here I am with a small treat for the SR Fans, if any of them is reading this. Last thing, I love writing craps like this Paragraph. Bear with me. That's what I do on Twitter the whole day. And I am writing a crap in the name of Fiction, maybe that's why you guys don't comment. And, yeah, crap is my favourite word. The title of my next story may be CRAP itself. Let me stop here otherwise this crap would become larger than the crap below.

Part-4

Doppler's Effect

"You have everything twice in numbers. I didn't asked you, why is it so?" I asked Rahul while studying in his room. It was true that all hi stuff were twice in numbers, the same two watches, two bed-shits, two table-lamps and all.

"Lucky numbers. You see, my birthday 2nd Feb and my AIR was 222."

"Crazy, my AIR was 77 yet I don't have 7 table lamps." Ermmm, I don't have even one.

"Many people believe in these, I am not the single nut-case."

True, India a super superstitious country. Even if a guy going for IIT-JEE forgets his admit card and his father calls him from behind to hand over his admit card then his mother will yell on his father telling it's not good. What the hell, eating a curd would ensure a seat at IIT without admit card then almost all of the IIT aspirants would consume a kilo of curd. Is curd measured in kilo or litre? Don't know!!

I also become superstitious sometimes. I remember, in the morning of the day when JEE result was to be declared, I had picked up a lizard and dropped it on my shoulder since I had heard it's believed to be fortunate thing. Though, I didn't know on which shoulder to drop, so both shoulders got one-one chance. And now if you are thinking what the result was, I mean selected in IIT or not, then please visit a psychiatrist. If you still haven't understood the above sentences, please get admitted to a mental asylum directly.

"Okay." I was back from my journey towards past. Suddenly a crazy thought stroke my mind and I started laughing. Rahul was dumbstruck.

"What's up with you now? I told you many people do these things, lucky numbers and all."

"No, that's not the case, I wondered I you have two'..ermmm'Good Night." I was coming back to my room when I met PVR on the corridor.

"Having fun bro?" He asked.

"Huh, not at all."

"How are studies going?"

"You know better than me." I chuckled.

"Yeah, I have already suffered, and suffering now also. Have you heard of betting?"

"Batting? Cricket?" I thought the cricket batting.

"Yes, cricket, but not batting-bowling, it's betting, B-E-T."

"Oh, yeah."

"You wanna try it?"

"Try? Betting on cricket matches?"

"Yeah."

"Are you mad?"

"What mad? It's not the real betting at all. It's at campus level only."

"You guys do this?"

"Yeah, but we don't work for Dawood. Okay?"

"Let me think. Good Night." Damn the betting-shetting. But I couldn't say a direct NO to PVR.

I came back to my room and crashed on the bed. It was 2 am. IITians don't sleep till that time and IIT aspirants don't sleep at all. When I was finally going to sleep, I heard a sound, Chhin Chhin Chhin, sound of a payal or something. I looked out of the window since it sounded from the ground outside the hostel. I saw nothing. Thinking that it might be an internal sound of the food being digested, and due to the Doppler's Effect or something like that it sounded like a payal, I dozed off.

Quizzes come and go like the mosquitoes in the IIT hostels. Oh, sorry mosquitoes come and then it's their room and you only have to go outside to save your butt from getting pimples on it. Where was I? Quizzes, yes, but the first one remains special and memorable. Nerds wait for that so that they can impress the Profs. Then the others students start to hate them. I always hated the guy who topped in my school. The quiz came; the results came in a day. I topped it. Damn, I hated the result. I hated to be the one hated by the students whom I wanted to hate. But the hate, oops, sorry, fate wasn't in my side. You might be thinking, what a crazy case I am. I am like this only, and I don't care if you care about me. All my friends asked for a treat. Damn, what treat, I didn't want to top, so? But they didn't listen to me, that's not any different because hardly any animal on this planet does listen to me.

Where was Riddhima? I hadn't met her. I was waiting for her the that day in front of the class. I saw her coming and I went away and came back at the time when she reached there, so that it would look like I had incidentally met her, not intentionally, after all I also have to show some attitude.

"Hey, congratulations on topping." She initiated the conversation.

"Breaking news, I guess."

"Where is the treat then?"

"What treat? I don't know anyone named treat? Have I met him earlier?" I grinned.

"Huh, should I gift you a dictionary on you birthday? By the way when your birthday comes?"

"I don't know."

"Don't know? What do you mean by DON'T KNOW?"

"It's that, I had been trying MJ's 45 degree step last night, and now I don't know if my nose is functioning well and I don't remember my birthday as well." Evil grin!

"You remember me?"

"I was going to ask you name by the way." I chuckled.

"You are a unique nut-shell."

"Oh, thank you, I love to be called unique. And when is your birthday, wait, I guess girls don't reveal their birthdays. Right?"

"We don't tell our age, not birthday. And I am not going to tell you my birth date anyway." She went towards her seat. I followed her.

"Can I sit with you?" I asked her.

"Why? You don't know me. Naa?"

"Because I have to find your date of birth. Where is your I-card?"

"Your seat is there." She pointed towards my seat.

"I know very well. Have you been looking at me during the class? Bad habit. Pay attention to the Prof instead of looking at a handsome guy."

"Oh God, please save me." She threw her hand up the air.

I pushed her aside, "Give me some space atleast." She slipped away. The Prof came in a second. Why the hell Profs don't come lately to the class? Damn the Profs.

She frantically took the notes of the crap by the Prof. I didn't even wrote a word. Oh, I hadn't even opened my note book. It felt awesome to be sitting beside her.

"What are you writing?" I peeped towards her note book.

"Sssshhhh." She opened my notebook, "Write."

"Oh my god. Optics? Is it your 10th class note book?" This was her instant response when she opened my copy. I looked on my copy; I turned over the first page. Yes, it was my tenth class notebook. What was it doing here?

'Armaan Mallik

Class: X

Physics'

The hand writing looked like Graffiti written on the toilet walls and the content was similar to the contents of toilets.

"I don't know how you topped." She spoke again

"I don't even know how I was selected in JEE." I smiled. This was true.

"Now, please let me concentrate."

"Request granted!!"

All I had written was:

Size can't be reduced.........unless the...........pressure inside the body................is released................odour is very unpleasant and is gas is colourless.............dynamics inside is.............linear...............the gravity works.................on the material.................when it is released..............

Mind you, I had eaten up the words between. Okay?

"Where are you going?" I asked her after the class when she was going away.

"I come here for studying."

"When did I say I have come here for modeling?"

"You seem like that only."

"See, now you only are saying that I am good looking."

"Go to hell!!" Anger plus Girls, God, please save boys.

"Sorry, sorry sorry sorry. Let's go, my treat."

"Huh."

"Please," I joined my hands. This melted her, or probably girls love getting treats.

"Okay,"

"Armaan!!!" Rahul shouted when we were going. Bad timing and bad luck.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"Armaan is giving treat, join us." Riddhima spoke before I could utter a word.

"Sure." Rahul said. All my signals transmitted through eyes and the dielectric medium of air went to drain. Meet me in the hostel, you rascal.

Soon we were at the ice-cream parlour nearby the campus, Neutrino Ice-cream Parlour. The shop owner also knew that only neutrino, positrons and electrons revolve inside the heads of IITians.

"Order." I said to Riddhima.

"No no, you order, it's your treat." She answered back.

"Okay, one glass water for the lady. What's the bill?" Electrons might have been revolving inside the mind of the worker in the parlour. And the electrons might have jumped to the orbit of higher energy level. So the atom could not bear that much energy and burst out. He looked in awe towards me.

"Huh, butterscotch for me," Riddhima said.

"Chocolate," Rahul joined, "Vanilla." This was from me.

"Vanilla?" Both Riddhima and Rahul asked me.

"Yeah, vanilla. Classic one."

"What is Siddhant doing now?" I asked her.

"BCA!"

"Good," I was happy that I was doing a much prestigious thing that doomed creature.

"Who is Siddhant?" Rahul asked.

"My brother, cousin." Riddhima spoke. I tossed the cup into the dustbin while both of them went and threw theirs properly. Am I the only insane creature here?

"Thanks Armaan and congratulations once again." Riddhima said.

"Thanks."

"Okay, bye. I have some work in the hostel."

"Bye." Rahul and I spoke.

Rahul tasted a kick on his back after Riddhima left, "Rascal, you got the treat earlier in the morning, then why the hell you came now?"

"Bad timing, I guess. Are you really trying her?"

"Trying? What trying? She is a good girl and I atleast an okay type boy. Friendship, have you heard of that word anywhere? Trying, damn the trying."

"Okay, okay. Why are you yelling at me?"

"Why? You are asking why? Let's go to the hostel, I'll answer all your questions in brief."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was back at my room. It was a mixed day, the result and the treat. I tried sleeping. Chhin Chhin Chhin, it was again. No, this time it couldn't be Doppler's Effect. I looked again out of the window. No one. I came out of the room to have a look on the corridor. No one. What the hell is this? Is this any student's soul wandering in the hostel, who had committed suicide long back. Boys don't wear Payal, girls wear. Then please, go to any girl's hostel. Leave me.

I was scared. If you are thinking I am a coward, come in my place and you will realize what happens when you hear such horrible sounds at dark nights. You'll definitely search for toilets. Oh yeah, from toilets I have an idea, that if you wanna remain away from the aatmas of girls, go hide yourself inside a boys toilet. She won't come inside!!

I came back to my room, kept the door unlocked because of the fact that aatmas can pass through any dielectric medium without any obstacle. Oh god, why almost all my sentences are having physics crap. So, I was telling that aatmas can pass through walls, doors, floors and all. And if she attacked me I could run away. Unlocking the door would cause time wastage that's why I kept the door unlocked. For the first time in 2 months I prayed to God seriously, last time it was on the day of JEE results. Fortunately, that night passed quite peacefully, except the barking of the dogs. Oh, I have heard dogs can see aatmas, and when they see them, they start to bark. Go away, goddamit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think a ghost is wandering in our hostel." I couldn't control and told about it the other night during study session.

"What?"

"Yes."

"Ghost as in aatma or something?"

"Yes, but I haven't seen her yet."

"Her? How do you know it's a female?" He asked me.

"Payal,"

"Her name is Payal? How do you know?"

"The ghost wears payal. Payal is not her name." I was irritated.

"You saw her payal?"

"I heard the sound of payal last two nights."

"I didn't hear anything."

"I don't know about that. May be she is targeting me only." I was terrified.

"Go to any temple tomorrow, and leave me alone for few days. I don't want to die if she attacks you and I am with you that time."

"Bloody rascal." I threw a book at him.

"Just joking yaar."

"Okay, I am going."

"Where? Mess?"

"Yes."

"I am coming in five minutes." He said while I closed the door and left.

"Where were you?" Rahul asked as I entered his room. He had returned from the mess, I guess.

"Reduction."

"Reduction?"

"Yes, reduction." I repeated.

"What? Giving out oxygen?"

"Oxygen?" It was my turn to irritate him.

"Air."

"What air?"

"Don't mess with me, tell me where were you, seriously."

"In the toilet, giving out............ermmm."

He picked a pencil lying and aimed at me. Fortunately, it missed me; otherwise my normal vision would have directly been converted into one-eyed-tragedy.

Edited by Swasmit - 14 years ago
sisgeo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
good part..................all the aatmas............dropping lizard on shoulder for good luck!!!!gosh..........i hate lizards.....well  written..........had fun reading it................continue soon...................
kweetrockstar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
oh wow
this is all i can say abt ur ff

the first para, as in, ur crap, to be honest, it was a cute crap, maybe becoz i too love to blabber, hehehe, anywyas, interesting note tht was,

ok, now to the ff,
plz, i love it, dont go all agony aunt on urself,
yeah, i am running through exams, so i cant drop u some threats n all,
but once i finish with them,
u'll be sorry u underestimated ur ff,

the part as usual, was awesome
the best thing abt ur writing,
is ur witty statements,
there's a punch (funny wala) in every line,
and i love to laugh after evey few seconds

i cant elaborate on every scene (i suck at tht), but over all, i told u, its fun to read the story from Armaan's pov
really cool

thanks for the pm
n do continue writing such crap
i love crap, no wonder my room is full of it
hehehehe