Page 1 of 19

Page 1
Page   of 19
Page 2 Page 19

Swasmit

Groupbie

Swasmit

Posted: 28 March 2010 at 7:24am | IP Logged

I am back!!! With a new campus story of AR. Let me clear few things first.

It's loosely inspired from Five Point Someone. Inspired only!! But many things are different.

And note this, if you are a Professor, don't read this!!

And if you want a PM about update, add me to your buddy list.

In my last FF, I talked about a train journey, I have decided to put that down here, but that would come very lately.

It's a funny Campus Story with lost of chaos, and if you are looking for family drama, wait for its sequel. Maybe, sometime in next few years, or to precise, next few lives, I will write that. As usual, I am writing this in first person, that's through Armaan's eyes.

Actually, this FF is something different in writing style, since it goes from present to past and then more past then comes to less past and then finally to present. Confused?? Come for tuition to me, I will give you guys crash course for free!! Wink

Means, someone is reading a novel, in novel there is guy, he remembers his past days, when the story of past is over, he goes for a journey, that train journey. And when that is over the main story returns to the last page of the novel. Okay? This should be enough. Let's get on the fun ride.

Wait, wait....since it revolves around an engineering college, so expect some terms and lingoes of the college life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Index :

Part 1 ::: Page 1

Part 2 ::: Page 4

Part 3 ::: Page 7

Part 4 ::: Page 10

Part 5 ::: Page 15

Crap 1 ::: Page 11

Crap 2 ::: Page 12

Crap 3 ::: Page 14

Crap 4 ::: Page 18

Crap 5 ::: Page 19

She opened the first page of the book 'Engine Jaanwars!!!' Cheesy name, isn't it? Yeah, Engine Jaanwars, that's the term used by the non-mechanical IITians to call Mechanical IITians at IIT-D. So, back to the book, the first page said 'To my Alma mater, friend and girlfriend-cum-wife'. She turned over the page from where my journey to the most prestigious institute of India starts.

Engine Jaanwars!!

Prologue

1:31 AM, 28th September, 2008, Recreation Room, IIM-Bangalore.

"Hey dude, turn to FTV." I said seeing that a news channel was running on the TV.

"You should see news sometimes." Atul, my batch mate responded.

"What the hell is in this new, they only show some crap about ghosts bringing some old bozos for the discussion."

"No, please watch. The terrorists have attacked Mumbai."

"I know that."

"Sshhh"

"Okay." Feeling guilty that I don't care for my country I watched the news. It was showing the injured people being taken to the hospitals. I saw a young man of about my age in the stretcher. B His clothes were drenched with blood. May be a bullet was shot at his left hand. I saw his face. Damn, my brain cells responded quickly. It was Rahul, my friend, my old friend. I stood completely shocked.

"*uck," The F-word unknowingly came out of my mouth.

"What happened?" Atul asked, shocked.

I wasn't in my sense to respond. He patted my shoulder.

"He is my friend." I said, finally. He WAS my friend.

"Who?" Atul asked again. I pointed at the TV screen. Rahul was still being shown.

"Oh man, he is bleeding." Atul said.

"I need to contact him."

"How? Wait; dial the help-line numbers." He advised. I tried.

"It's not ringing."

"Damn." He said, sympathizing, "You don't have his family's numbers. Call them."

"I....I don't....." Actually, I had not been in contact with Rahul since the final semester at IIT-D.

"I need to go to Mumbai." I said.

"What? Are you crazy? Are you bloody crazy? The mid-semester exam is in a week. And you want to go to Mumbai."

"He is my friend." For first time I realized, he was still my friend, my best-friend, "Damn the exam, I can handle that."

"Are you sure?"

"Yea...h, I am."

"Hmm"

"I am going." I called a local travel agent. I was going to Mumbai, but my mind drifted to Delhi, IIT-Delhi.

Part-1

The first few hours at Campus

About 5 years ago,

"I, Armaan Mallik, Mechanical department, hereby solemnly resolve to constitution of Shivalik Hostel, that I will be pleased to be ragged by our respected seniors anytime and anywhere in the campus. The seniors have right to screw me. The seniors are always right and if I refuse them, I am liable to get the third degree as a gift from the seniors." On the knees, on the floor, at the mid-night, I was there with my batch-mates, reciting the pledge. As usual, the ragging season was on fire. We were enjoying the first ragging of our stay at IIT-D. No need to say that we were stripped off. Finally, we were given the famous or rather in-famous drink, the raw liquid of egg. *uck, that was yuck!! Ragging time was over. Some can say, what kind of ragging this was. So easy, so simple, let me clear there was some more but they are at the verge of printable material.

By now, I expect you to know my name. Armaan Mallik, that's it, and I should give a review of my life till I joined IIT-D.

1985:    Born in an engineer's house about 2 weeks before the estimated delivery date. Astrologers told, this boy will be super fast.

1990:    Broke classmate's nose. Suspended for 3 days from school. Yes, I proved, I was super fast.

1991:    Just got saved from being hit by a car. Again I proved I was super fast.

As I am super fast, let's fast-forward to 2001.

2001:    Sold my bicycle to buy a guitar. Brutally scolded by Dad.

2003:    Got selected in JEE.

So here I  was at IIT-D.           

Campus life becomes too boring if you don't find a friend. Well, at IIT's you can't expect your neighbour or school buddy to join you. You have to make some friends. Commonly, the neighbours in hostel become your friends. That is where I met Rahul, my floor-mate at the Shivalik. If you look at him for the first time, you may think he is a geek. With his god-gifted myopia tragedy, means spectacles, he possesses the look of a geek. But he isn't. I mean, he cares for study, for his future but not like geeks who care ONLY about study and future. In some manners he is like me, but in some, he is totally opposite to me. If he wasn't there I would not have cared enough to attend the first lecture. Because, in IIT's the female population is very low. So there is no chance of checking chicks, since pretty chicks don't study and those who study aren't something close to pretty.

"Prove 1+1=2." That's was the first word by the creepy Prof. Damn, I mean what kind of question that was! Proving 1+1=2. The class started murmuring, which was natural, if you go to the first class of your stay at IIT, you expect something like IIT level. But that wasn't, at least in my opinion.

"Stop talking." The Prof continued in his irritable accent which would definitely need you to consume 4 tablets of Saridon, "Prove that like an IITian should." Murmurs again started, so as the Prof.

"I want to see that tomorrow."

The rest of the lecture and the day was pretty same. The entire thing went above my head. Not to mention, I didn't attend the lecture next day. Rahul came to my room at evening.

"What's up? Why you didn't come today?" He asked.

"You tell me, why I should have came?" I responded.

"Errr"

"No answer then shut up."

"Huh."

"By the way, what happened today, anyone proved that?"

"Yes, one girl."

"How?"

"Hmmm.....take x and y, add them, take sin of them, take log, then differentiate them, then form differential equation, integrate them, take cos, divide by sin, multiply by tan, and find sin inverse of them. And the put both x and y equals to 1. Te result gives 2. Hence proved."

"Oh my god, what was that. Was it a recipe of any African dish?"  I was dumbstruck.

"I don't know, but the Prof was extremely impressed. He scolded the rest of class for not even trying."

"What's her name?" I asked curiously.

"Whose?"

"That girls, who proved."

"What will you do?" He winked as I checked my cell-phone for any new mails.

"Nothing, just wanted to know so that I will remain away from such geeky girl."

"Hmmm......what was her name....errmm....Riddhima....Riddhima Gupta."

"Riddhima Gupta?"

"Yeah, that was it, unusual name isn't it?"

"Damn." I was lost somewhere. I wondered if she was the same Riddhima.

"What?"

"I hope she is not the that Riddhima."

"Which one?"

"Bro, in my school at farewell party, I had proposed her, and her cousin brother had punched me on my face." I pointed at my nose.

"What? You love her?"

"No way, I didn't even know her that time. She had come with his brother who was my classmate. I had done that just for fun. My friends have challenged me. That's all."

"Oops!!" Rahul laughed while I tried to locate her image in my mind. She was pretty. Now, I hope she is the same one!!

I know, this part is small...sorry for that, but i assure you i will give much more larger ones.

Plz do comment...Smile

Edited by Swasmit - 29 November 2010 at 9:47pm

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

navtinderkarankideewanixsisgeoankitajain94Sujata77mansibhartiscorpio95prernawaghraybasket_101moonlight2630kweetrockstarsonia_92nyxxlil_desi_goddesNorzMeghzz-Aliya-kajenEthereal-PathSani_Rani

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Engine Jaanwars!! An AR FF||Back In Action..soon||" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Norz

IF-Sizzlerz

Norz

Posted: 28 March 2010 at 8:03am | IP Logged
awesoem start

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

moonlight2630

dobrevagasms

IF-Stunnerz

dobrevagasms

Posted: 28 March 2010 at 8:07am | IP Logged
awesome start
con soon

moonlight2630

basket_101

IF-Dazzler

basket_101

Posted: 28 March 2010 at 8:24am | IP Logged
hey!
nice beginning!
m still sad u ended the other one.. but m glad yur back =)
nd abt the part...
i hope thats the same ridz too =P
HiNaL
ps/ cont soon :)

moonlight2630

Ethereal-Path

IF-Sizzlerz

Ethereal-Path

Posted: 28 March 2010 at 9:19am | IP Logged
Hey,

I must say,its a fabulous track!! By the way,that fast theory is really funny...LOL

N yeah,liquid of raw egg...Ewwww...It was sounding soo yuck! Bt i know,ragging is actually horrible!!

N 1+1=2,prove that!! I mean i was myself confused and startd thinking as m doing comp engg ..Tongue..Bt i guess, the proof was damn ...lol... i have no words.. i guess,u can understand wat i mean!! Tongue

Lastly,i luvd the prologue...
N ll wait for ur next part... I hope u dnt leave this FF incomplete as the previous one ,else v all together will kill you... AngryLOLWink

thanx 4 d pm...

luv
vini

Edited by coolvini4u - 28 March 2010 at 9:49am

moonlight2630

ankitajain94

Goldie

ankitajain94

Posted: 28 March 2010 at 9:45am | IP Logged
Awesome part

moonlight2630

IsabellaCullen

IF-Dazzler

IsabellaCullen

Posted: 28 March 2010 at 10:31am | IP Logged
Great fic!

Please do PM me as well, I'd got myself hooked to all CB books, I am sure of falling in love with such a great fic as well!

1+1=2 Proof?...Umm, I was thinking of Mathematical induction!...LOL!

Are you an IIM student?...Erm, curious, I am!

moonlight2630

janu1610

IF-Rockerz

janu1610

Posted: 28 March 2010 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
resssssssssssssssssssssssssssst

moonlight2630

Post Reply New Post

Go to top