Bolly*_Crazed thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
learn how to speak proper english. I mean Im not trying to be rude or anything ( Not really, I dont really like her ) but her english is really bad and makes me laugh I mean it sounds soo ewwww. Especially if so many of her roles  ask her to be able to speak proper english as she is playing the 'modern girl everyone wants' in most of her movies.  Im not stating this because Im not a big fan of hers because if  one of my fav actors couldnt speak english properly Id probably be posting a similar post ( if I wanted to bad enough)

Sorry but its true these stars want to be known as 'hip' and 'cool' and like to compare themselves to hollywood actors then they should be able to at least speak their language.... properly and clearly in the sense they arent abusing it. 

Edited by Bolly*_Crazed - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kawal_tak thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
well i dont find anything wrong with her english, its just the indian accent ... n if she has the indian accent then whats wrong? not everyone likes to fake a british accent or anything...
Debo_Afghan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Dear believe me Deepika is not the only one who has accent. But its ok. Everyone has accent!

I dont get why people make issue about her English, but everyone is ok with Katrina who doesnt speak her father langauge..😕 or better to say, she embarrassed to speak in Hindi!!!!

Edited by Debo_afg - 14 years ago
iwantitall thumbnail
i find nothing wrong in her english

i think it natural she has an Indian accent and doesnot put on fake accent (PC, Ash etc) like other actresses.
Relda thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I think someone rightly posted on this forum that Deepika has almost the same twang and accent as Hema Malini, which come to think of it is quite befuddling. Edited by Relda - 14 years ago
Aaliya-Rafa thumbnail
Honestly, I haven't really found anything wrong in Deepika's english. It seems fine to me. And if you are referring to the accent, then obviously your accent is developed according to your environment. I mean, she is Indian living in India therefore her accent will have a twist...it's natural, no? ;)

But one thing I will say about actresses in GENERAL is that sometimes certain words that they use do not make sense and sound out of place. It's kinda hard for me to explain! But in a few interviews I've noticed that certain words are used in the wrong place.
Bolly*_Crazed thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yea something like Hema Malini, and guys Im not trying to be rude but if she could she would so fake a british accent ( doesnt mean your a bad guy) but it looks better on yourself as you are a celebrity I know Indians living in India have accents most of the stars do but hers I feel is just more noticable..just my view..
Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Do you mean in movies or in interviews??
-Aleeza- thumbnail
Its not her English, its the accent in particular. She tends to emphasize on the last letter. I thought they used her real voice in OSO until i heard her in some interviews, it can kinda get irritating. But for her i would say fake it till you make it.