Dutta Bao a BIG disappointment

Posted: 13 years ago
Dutta was such a brilliant character when he first entered the scene, so to speak.

But over the last few weeks I can't bear to watch him anymore.  I completely disagree with the majority - luckily my friends and family agree- that mishal is a great actor.  He is not.

I don't think this role suits him at all.  At first i thought it did, but that was before i realised he is just a one-angled actor.

Before they got him speaking he was fine giving intense looks etc.  his silence spoke volumes. And then out came the BLACK OUTFIT and wow he looked brillantly intense, like a proper gangster.

However 😭 after a few days his acting has become repetitive.  *the side-ward angle of his face is CONSTANTLY used as though he knows that is his best side, so he constantly places it in front of the camera.
*he even started to look back while his body faced forward, to keep his face more in shadow.
*the hands behind the back pose 🀒 Goodness, its only that pose that seems to make him look commanding and manly, but after seeing it again and again you realise its a tool to make him look scary, but is no longer effective.

the worst bit is when he started to talk more and relate his past.  the day he turned me off him completely was the 'DUTTA BAAAO' scream by the river. Damn it was so silly.  and ever since i find his acting WAY TOO FORCED and unnatural.  its difficult to watch without bursting into laughter.πŸ˜†

i think they chose wrong the wrong guy, because his voice is not deep enough, he has to walk around with his hands in his pockets to look like he is in control, he is too feminine, with a slight figure and he just looks too much like a romantic hero than a bad dark-torn-complex gangster with a soft core. 

each time they try to reveal his softer side- its unbearable.  Its a shame because the rest of the cast are brilliant.  I just think this guy has been miscast and he is struggling to play the role.  the character is brilliant, but the acting is nauseating.  i just wish he were better because i had such expectations after the first week.  But after he came home from hospital it all went down hill. 

Alas the moon is flawed.
Edited by moonstruck - 13 years ago
hey moonstruck, you do realize right, that you have chadofied the wrong nerve in our Dutta's gopiyaans here in this forum and invited lot of blood shed πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Ab Bhagwaan hi tumhara Maalik hai πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Anyways, I am still gng through your post digesting your points and will reply in detail to every factor.....
Edited by Dancingdoll - 13 years ago
Not to worry, I'm used to having an alternate view to the majority.

Thing is i used to be Dutta's biggest fan.  but now only cry or should i say laugh at his constipated looks.

Was just wandering if there are any others who think similarly, though they probably stopped watching if so. :/
Edited by moonstruck - 13 years ago
U know the character which is supriya's bodyguard is called ravi and not datta bhao...and the we dont know the actor's name...but we are sure that ravi isnt played by mishal raheja. πŸ˜†
Originally posted by kshreya2002

U know the character which is supriya's bodyguard is called ravi and not datta bhao...and the we dont know the actor's name...but we are sure that ravi isnt played by mishal raheja. πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†

Okay. Sorry I just had to laugh at that kshπŸ˜†
As for my reply it's gone out of my head after reading your post!πŸ˜†
I'll come back after I've stopped laughing

Aisha xxπŸ˜†
@Aisha: I am sure that definition of what consists of good and bad acting cannot differ so much for two human beings. So it has to be some confusion with the names.πŸ˜†

πŸ˜† Good One shreya!!! Cant stop laughing.... πŸ˜†
Um... yeah so ok....hmmm...alright. 😳
Originally posted by moonstruck

Dutta was such a brilliant character when he first entered the scene, so to speak.

I agree! He really was, wasn't he? I don't remember any other protagonists have a "water"-entry in any show. That totally took me by surprise! 😍

But over the last few weeks I can't bear to watch him anymore.  I completely disagree with the majority - luckily my friends and family agree- that mishal is a great actor.  He is not.

I don't think this role suits him at all.  At first i thought it did, but that was before i realised he is just a one-angled actor.

I am really interested in reading your point-of-view on this! πŸ˜ƒ

Before they got him speaking he was fine giving intense looks etc.  his silence spoke volumes. And then out came the BLACK OUTFIT and wow he looked brillantly intense, like a proper gangster.

However 😭 after a few days his acting has become repetitive.  *the side-ward angle of his face is CONSTANTLY used as though he knows that is his best side, so he constantly places it in front of the camera.

*he even started to look back while his body faced forward, to keep his face more in shadow.
*the hands behind the back pose 🀒 Goodness, its only that pose that seems to make him look commanding and manly, but after seeing it again and again you realise its a tool to make him look scary, but is no longer effective.

From all you've said here, I've realized that you don't dislike Mishal - but you are actually disappointed in the character, Dutta Bhao. And that's totally fine. But I really don't think that the "side-wards-glance" and the "stiff-posture-with-hands-behind-his-back" and "the-turned-away-face" are looks used by Mishal to make Dutta look more scary or effective. THAT is Dutta - and in my opinion, if any other action should have decided to play Dutta too, this just how they'd do it. So I guess, what I'm trying to say is - Mishal is doing justice to Dutta's character to the T. But you dislike the character itself - which you have a full right too! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ Waise, just a quick question. From what I've read so far, it seems like you fell in love with the character in all of 3 days? And that's ALL you considered before deciding if Mishal/Dutta was someone you liked? Wow - that's intense. I usually wait about a month before I make up my mind - AFTER I have learned about the character and the actor portraying it. I just think you jumped into it too quick and probably that's why you got disappointed - BUT to each his own!

the worst bit is when he started to talk more and relate his past.  the day he turned me off him completely was the 'DUTTA BAAAO' scream by the river. Damn it was so silly.  and ever since i find his acting WAY TOO FORCED and unnatural.  its difficult to watch without bursting into laughter.πŸ˜†

I don't know - I don't think it was silly. It was an erupting of the pain/frustration inside him. I know I've yelled in an empty roof top once - just because that's how far beyond bearable the things had gone. Personally, I think it was to show the EXTEND of his pain - not as a gimmick. 😊 And that's probably why to me that act (and all his other acts) seem brilliant - because I guess I can "see" what he wants me to see and feel it. Lol, but you probably think I'm totally delusional, don't you? πŸ˜†

i think they chose wrong the wrong guy, because his voice is not deep enough, he has to walk around with his hands in his pockets to look like he is in control, he is too feminine, with a slight figure and he just looks too much like a romantic hero than a bad dark-torn-complex gangster with a soft core. 

Lol! Mishal's modulating his voice - did you hear the "Baaji" yesterday? Come on! That is NOT a high pitched voice! Hear it again and let me know. πŸ˜† And walking with your hands in your pocket is not a way to "show" that you have control - it IS when you have control. I mean you're collected and calm. You know where all of your limbs are - exerting that much control on your body (something the rest of us just let loose) shows how much in "control" everything around Dutta is. Now maybe we can accuse him of being too "controlled" - but definitely can't say that he gives the illusion of being in control. And he is lean and muscular - I am glad he isn't one of those guys with steroid-induced muscles (read Ravi). He's a powerful and strong man - he isn't a "bulked-up" guy though. And I, personally, like that. πŸ˜ƒ
But I can see how lack of "aggressiveness" in his daily action could seem "feminine" to you.

each time they try to reveal his softer side- its unbearable.  Its a shame because the rest of the cast are brilliant.  I just think this guy has been miscast and he is struggling to play the role.  the character is brilliant, but the acting is nauseating.  i just wish he were better because i had such expectations after the first week.  But after he came home from hospital it all went down hill. 

Really? I LOVE to see his "layers" peeled back - it's absolutely enlightening. πŸ˜ƒ Not to upset you or anything, but I really think you judged the show too quickly and had expectations from it too soon. Basically you took the "plunge" too soon and were disappointed.

Alas the moon is flawed.

The moon is DEFINITELY flawed - but not for the reasons you suggested. At least I don't think so. He is flawed because he's been hurt - there's a "crack" in his heart and in his line-of-vision as far as love's concerned. He can never see it "whole" again - and that's his flaw. But I honestly LOVE the flaw - it makes him human. πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by -Fivr- - 13 years ago

That's all that matters, ravi Kamina hai lekin baho tuo Bhao hai naπŸ˜‰