Article: Raagini- Emotional Atyachar

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
ARTICLE

Whenever I would enact a crying scene in Bhaskar ... or Radha Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi, I would tell the show makers, 'Mujhe rulao mat. I can't cry'. The kind of preparation that goes into enacting a crying scene puts me into another zone and I can't live through that," she says.

Since Ragini doesn't use glycerine to stimulate tears, the task to perform such emotionally-loaded scenes becomes all the more difficult. "Hats off to all the female protagonists on TV because it calls for immense courage and strength to portray their roles. In my case, I can't use artificial tears. If I don't feel that lump in my throat, I can't act. And if I don't act, I don't do justice to my work. And then, I believe, I have no right to work." But wouldn't she do a similar role in a movie? "I wouldn't mind. Unlike TV shows that are aired for months, a film is a 40-day project. For instance, when Bhaskar ... was nearing its completion, I was pulled down to such an extent that I was in a phase where I didn't want to work. It is depressing to be crying in eight out of 10 episodes of a show."

So is this an indication of how her show Sasural Genda Phool will be putting viewers in fits of giggles. "I will cry in this show too. Sasural ... will capture every human emotion. I'm sure when Suhana, the character that I play in the serial, will sob, viewers won't be able to control their tears," she chuckles. That's still to be seen, but as of now, viewers are wondering why the show's title has been lifted from a popular Bollywood track? "The story is set in Delhi and the track will bring an instant connect with the city. I'm happy that this title doesn't sound like a huge dialogue as was the case with Radha Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi," she grins.

Having carved a niche for herself in the TV industry without using his uncle Govinda's name, doesn't she get irked when people still refer to her as Govinda's niece? "A fact is a fact. Whether I do films, serials or just don't work, I will be his niece. But I'm happy I haven't used his name to get publicity."

Here's the link to the article in The Times of India:

Edited by Anshu_A - 14 years ago
OMG her emotional scenes are fantastic!
Like when she acts to have an affair with Ishaan, and Ishaan hold her back by holding her hand... the tears in her eyes look so real! Now i know why cuz they are.... OMG HATS OFF TO RAGINI! =)
Thanx for the article dear

Take Care
Zoya