Ridhima - everyone's favourite punching bag!

DMGFan-2b-not2b thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago

I have always maintained that Ridhima is a character that has been butchered the maximum by the Creatives.. whenever they seemed stuck for an idea, what do they do? 🤪

Boom! Ridhima to the chopping block!

She goes ballistic, gets angry with Armaan and everything goes haywire thereon, whether it was Armaan leaving Sanjeevani when Ridhima got mad at him about Muskaan, or whether her retraction after the close embrace of the staircase which drove him to leave Sanjeevani or when she found out about his lying about Shubhankar's sister and refused to get married to him resulting in his accident / memory loss  etc.' and then yet again with Siddhanth she went ballistic, humiliated and abused him resulting in his retaliating! ... and the CVs got a way forward!

As a character I feel sorry for Ridhima!

And today while I read the posts on this forum, I am struck by another tragedy of her character ' she is abused, accused and berated by her own kind! 😆  The people screeching at her and the ones who are most vociferous in their criticisms are girls / women! 😲 😃

Everyone seems to be resenting the fact that she is willing to move on! 😍 So many women on the forum seem to believe that for the sake of a man, a woman must put her life on hold and go running when he decides that he now wants to claim her - delicious irony that! 😕

I read someone saying something about if Ridhima was really independent she
would have stayed unmarried with her love memories! 🤣 That tickled me pink! So being independent for a woman is not to get married, remain single without any love or companionship and mourn the memories of a lost love!  😲 WOW!

No wonder they say, a woman is really another woman's worst enemy! 😛
Edited by DMGFan-2b-not2b - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pourquoipas thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Does give one a lot to think, doesn't it?
I do not feel that independence or conservatism can be defined so rigidly. If you do A, you are independent and if you do B, you are conservative. Life's situations force us to make our own choices and decisions.
All the incidents with Armaan that you describe - I've not seen the show so cannot comment on that. But I sense that for the past two years this show has been focusing on this couple's love story and their various ups and downs. Now in trying to show ups and downs they seem to have always made one person wrong and the other person right, and usually Armaan is the one who is right.
I think now the show is showing something more complex. For right or for wrong, for the most ridiculous reasons yet, Riddhima did marry Sid. And marriage means that two people begin to know one another, spend time together, and understand where the other person is coming from. This becomes a bond between two people, and it is not simple or easy to break this bond. I am not saying that Riddhima should stay in an unhappy marriage, I am saying that it is not easy to walk out on someone you are married to.
I do not know what her choice is going to be. As a fan of the way SR look together, I would want her to stay with Sid. But that is my choice and need not be the way the show goes.
In real life or reel, I would want Riddhima to be with the person who makes her happy. And that is again not an easy question to answer. You cannot weigh two years against two months, but you also cannot make those two months mean nothing. Once a moment is lived, it cannot be undone from your memory and your consciousness. I feel for Riddhima, she has a very hard choice to make, a choice that will inflict a lot of pain on any one person. I would not want to be in her shoes for anything in the world.

I absolutely am in awe of your post, especially the last bit. We indeed are our worst enemies, no doubt there.

Riddhima may probably be the most butchered character on the history of TV, and the chances for the future seems very bleak as well. Right from initial episodes till today's episode, her characterization has never stayed consistent. Her reactions were never sane or genuine, each of her action would simply contradict her previous ones or ideologies. Who are at fault there? Of course the creatives. When all roads seem to be shut, then they pull out the back up plan which is basically to butcher Riddhima's character even further.

I will try to say a few bearing the current track in mind, and lets hope it makes sense. I don't expect it to much, because lets face it, it's DMG we are discussing where nothing was ever relevant to begin with. My concern is that Riddhima is being blamed for moving ahead in life, and not waiting for her saajan back home. Hello there, the same exact could be said for the TV's Romeo Armaan. Why oh why did he desert her in Panchgani, and why oh why did he first prioritize to become a rockstar over his lover. Why is that the woman is always expected to sit back home in the memories of her lover, while the men get to have their fair share of fun with chics at concerts. Not fair, I tell you.

And, folks on this forum are very confused as well in regards to what they want from Riddhima. I unfortunately had read the same post as you did which left me pink as well. How's a woman labeled independent if she decides to become a devdasni (?) and live in a dark room with the support of her memories? That beats me really. Do independent people not move on in lives? Do they not have a right to? Can they not create a second fairytale for themselves? Are they not allowed to eye men anymore? *shock and horror* I am revealed new theories everyday.

The gender bias dripping in every post in order to shield the eternal Armaan is despicable, and amusing as well at the same time.

Edited by zainab25 - 14 years ago
doukno thumbnail

" read someone saying something about if Ridhima was really independent she would have stayed unmarried with her love memories"---😆😆😆😆As if Armaan is her husband and Ridzie his widow.

Pensive thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Nice post........niway How many times do people actually end up marrying their first love? ......except lucky few...most of us dont.....though its hard to forget ...but we do move on.....There are so many women who have fallen in love before with men who are not their husbands. But now that they are happily married :)
Blessing thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
good topic and excellent reply so far but wait a little bit longer for this topic to turn up side down by some people.
pourquoipas thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: angel_wings

Nice post........niway How many times do people actually end up marrying their first love? ......except lucky few...most of us dont.....though its hard to forget ...but we do move on.....There are so many women who have fallen in love before with men who are not their husbands. But now that they are happily married :)

I really love your signature!!!
Nadz_YuNalover thumbnail
wow nice post i agree with each and every word of your's... riddhima is alwasy the punching bag but the CVs seem to love that... i agree, she cant wait for him all her life, she tried her best to move on and now she is stuck...

dunno wats gonna happen...
Mightymouse thumbnail
I am SO GLAD you brought up the topic of women hating on their own kind!
As a woman I can assure you of that fact! Haha ...thats why I mostly hang out with boys!

Even thought I WANT TO see Ridhimma with Dr Armaan together in the end cuz  ive beeen seeing those twos love story since I dunno how long...I also know that in REAL LIFE the girl would have done the same thing Ridhimma did! ...This is friction so its much easier to point the finger but I bet if half of these ppl were in this situation in real life they would have gotten married as well!...Matter of fact it happens in our society ALL THE TIME! ...  It'll be interesting to see what unfolds and how the CVS team which is usually pretty crappy at bringing stories out on screen goes about this love triangle!

Just to make it clear, I am against forced marriages as well, but with the situation displayed in DMG, it was a forced relationship, but not anymore. Siddhanth had freed Riddhima of all vows except when two beings are in a contract or bond as you say, it's not a piece of cake to walk out from it. Marriage is meant to be worked out, through thick and thin, and when all fails, then any further step is taken. But of course most essentially, the folks involved in the relationship at any cost must be happy and satisfied. In DMG, at the moment, it seems that the two beings were satisfied with the relationship, and wanted to carry it forward...till the blast from the past was re-introduced like no other.

Now my point to make here is that, lets just forget 'societies'. Lets be broad. In the entire world, generally folks move on if their fist love is not fulfilled. Scientifically we human beings have certain desires and wants, thus for that to be fulfilled, we decide the best for our future and weave a practical fairytale once again.

Also if everyone's blast from the past came in front of them, realistically speaking, then there literally be a divorce every hour. CVs have a tuff task at hand; if they are pondering over uniting A-R (I have no issues with that either) then they better do it in a way where the premise of marriage isn't tainted.

Edited by zainab25 - 14 years ago