Writers Corner

India-Forums

While The Wind Howled (Short Story) Plz comment!=D

MegaAngelzs Goldie
MegaAngelzs
MegaAngelzs

Posted: 24 March 2010 at 4:00pm | IP Logged

coming up the cellar stairs

"It was dark and the wind was howling, but I wasn't afraid until I heard footsteps coming up the cellar stairs...."

I lived alone and knew the doors and windows were locked. I had a cat that was sprawled out in her favorite supine position on the sofa next to me, her hind paws extended toward me barely touching my thigh. When the cellar stairs creaked,  as they do so loudly when all is quiet, she would normally have jumped up, but  she did not move.

This made me wonder if I were hearing things because of the wind. It happened again and I was sure of it, someone was climbing the stairs, and I thought what a lousy time for my german shephard, Brutus, to be at the vets overnight.

I got up disturbing Bossie the cat (who tends to want everything her way) and she just turned over and resumed her nap. Now that really disturbed me. How could she not hear the creaking stairs. I walked over to the cellar door making sure it was locked then into the kitchen for something to defend myself with just in case.

I had a gun, but hated the darn thing. Having never used one I was loath  to go for it.  Just as I decided  I should, I felt arms go around me pinning my own down holding me in a tight grip. I was transfixed, could not scream or speak, for I saw nothing and heard no one.

Yet, I was being dragged from the kitchen into the living room and as we passed through the foyer I saw the cellar door open, and Bossie still curled up asleep on the sofa, I began to cry silently for I seemed to have no voice, and I wished I could faint to be released from this  wretched position .

Then "the thing" for want of a better description, took  each of my arms in its hands and turned me around, til I was facing it I guessed, but how would I know since I could see nothing. It was then I decided to kick at it, and I did but nothing happened except that I got even more frightened wondering what the hell it could be.

The hands pushed me back onto the sofa, and Bossie didn't even move, I knew then that this  was serious, and  very strange. I felt something being wrapped around my upper body pinning my arms, it was a tape of some kind that held me firmly ,I could not see it, but it had that type of feel and odor.

I began  praying  and hoping this would be over soon for I didn't think my heart could take the adrenalin spurt I was having. Then I felt a needle go into my neck in the carotid artery and I passed out. When I awoke I was praying out loud and everything was as it was with Bossie asleep next to me in the her same position, the cellar door closed, the wind still howling.

I jumped up, I was free nothing bound me, I checked the cellar door it was locked. I ran into the kitchen  all was the same, I began crying thinking it could not have been a dream, no way. I went into the bathroom splashed cold water on my face, looked in the mirror, and saw a red bruise and needle mark on my neck.

I hope u guyz like this short story!! Big smile
Plzz comment and give me ur veiws ok!?

-Amira-

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooj@beautifuldreams

beautifuldreams IF-Dazzler
beautifuldreams
beautifuldreams

Posted: 24 March 2010 at 4:15pm | IP Logged

-Reserved-

Bring To School
MegaAngelzs Goldie