Kareena in JWM and Kurbaan
Rajeev Khandelwal in Aamir
Urmila in Ek Hasina Thi and Pinjar
Abhishek and Rani in Yuva
Edited by desigal90 - 14 years ago
poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Aamir in Akele Hum Akele Tum (I still cry whenever I see the scene where Aamir looses the custody battle for his son against his wife and he has to pack his son's belongings so that his ex-wife can take him away...perfection itself!)

Saif Ali Khan in Parineeta (Perhaps, I was the only one who was not so mesmerized by Vidya in the movie, but completely bowled over by Chote Nawab's spellbounding performance as the arrogant, immature yet immensely likeable Shekhar Rai!)

Siddharth in Rang De Basanti (Just loved, loved, loved the climax where he speaks on the radio...even though the entire cast was beyond brilliant, somehow always felt that it was Siddharth's movie all the way!)

Amitabh in Viruddh (He has given umpteen splendid performances, but this role of a greiving father in search of justice for his son was certainly one of his best!)

Anupam Kher and Rohini Hattangady in Saaransh (It was Anupam Kher's debut movie in which he plays a 60 year old man grappling with the sudden death of his only son. The dignity and pathos that both Anupam and Rohini bring to their roles cannot be put in words!)

Chandrachur Singh in Maachis (A gem of a movie and perhaps one of the most underestimated performances of its time!)

Darsheel Safary in TZP (The best performance by any child artist in a hindi movie!)

Jugal Hansraj in Masoom (Those innocent blue eyes were enough to melt anyone's heart...if anyone could act without the aid of dialogues, then it was this 10 year old kid! I can never forget that one line he utters in the film, 'Kya aap mere Papa hain?' Oh God, I tear up just thinking about it!)

Madhuri Dixit in Mrityudand (Powerful yet never over the top!)

Shabana Azmi in Arth (Poignant, resonant and heartbreaking! Only Shabana could bring so much class to the character of a woman abandoned by her husband!)

Revathy in Mouna Raagam (This Mani Ratnam directed movie is a Tamil Classic and Revathy's potrayal of a young bride grappling with her past love and present marriage is the stuff of legend in Tamil Cinema)

Mohanlal in Bharatam (People who don't watch Malayalam movies really loose out on something special! To watch this guy act is just something else! Arguably one of the best actors this country has ever seen and this movie is undoutedly his crown jewel!)

Lots more actually, but these are some of the one I always remember!

Edited by poppy2009 - 14 years ago
Oops, how did I forget Ayesha Kapoor from Balck. She was phenomenal there.
safeplacetoland thumbnail
Priyanka is Kaminey, Fashion and What's your Raashee.
Shahid in Kaminey and Jab We Met.
crazy fanatic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This will be from the top of my head, so might miss a few.

SRK - Dil Se, MNIK, Baazigar (watched this movie again yesterday, he was amazing in those evil scenes. Such raw and edgy evilness!)
Special mention: The scene in CDI when they win. His reaction is so well done, how he just falls on a seat and looks at the flag. It's perfect and real.

Shahid - Kaminey.

Priyanka - Fashion and Kaminey. Only 8 scenes, and made her presence felt. Plus her marathi was amazing.

Kajol - Gupt.

Darsheel - TZP

Rani - Black. Also that little girl.

Urmila - EHT. I can't recall Pinjar at all, but I remember really liking her performance when I watched it.

RagMasta thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Kajol in Kuch Kuch Hota haišŸ˜
^ Kajol in Bazigaar as well. šŸ˜ Gosh, I love this woman.
hrithik roshan-kaho na pyar hai, fiza, mission kashmir, koi mil gaya, laksyha, krrish, dhoom 2, jodha akbar

shahrukh khan--veer zarra!!

shahid kapoor-kaminey

aamir-kajol in fanna

aamir and the gang in 3 idiots

Rani in bunty aur babli

aishwarya and SRK in Devdas
Edited by nkapoor - 14 years ago
There are lots of them and I will probably end up missing a few.

Naseeruddin Shah in Sparsh, Masoom

Kareena in Omkara

Saif in Omkara, Being Cyrus

Shahid, Priyanka, Amole Gupte, Chandan in Kaminey. Its probably the best acted film in a very long time.

Siddharth in RDB.

Aamir in Lagaan, 1947 Earth

Tabu in Maqbool, The Namesake, Maachis

Irfan Khan in Maqbool, Mumbai Meri Jaan

Kangana in Gangster

Konkona in 15 Park Avenue, Mr and Mrs. Iyer

Jaya B in Abhimaan, Guddi, Mili.

Pankaj Kapoor in so many films...off the top of my head Maqbool, Ek Doctor ki Maut, Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron. He's actually one actor who even in the most lacklustre or even offensive films comes out unscathed or actually good (like Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon) something even Naseeruddin Shah couldn't do in Krissh.

Edited by -bluemoon- - 14 years ago
-iktaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
--Jaya and Amitabh Bachan from Abhimaan: I loved the story and I am spellbound by their performances...It was superb!
--Sharmila in Aradhana---I love this movie and can't believe she played mother and the wife role so perfectly....She is one of my favorite actresses from older generation...

---Left me speechless:

Last 15 minutes of Kurbaan left me speechless...I felt Kareena performed it so naturally that I still get numbed when I think about it..

--Paro in DEV D: I don't know why it left me speechless but I just felt that character was too raw for an hindi film heroine to be and her performance was superb!

--Somebody mentioned Masoom...and i have to agree Jugal Hansraj was superb in that movie....

--Siddharth and Soha in RDB-- I haven't seen them perform so beautifully that it left me speechless in that movie...I particularly loved soha's crying scene in that movie...

--Tabu in Virasaat, Astitva and Chandni Bar

--Saif in Omkara --spellbound by the drastic change

--Karishma in FIZA: the anguish, pain were portrayed beautifully by her...

-- Rani in YUVA---Her performance was superb! I loved the way she emotes with her eyes..

--Ashutosh Rana in Sangharsh-- I am speechless by the way he portrayed that character...he was one brutal men in that film!

---Lots more to come!
Edited by Kyaktsar - 14 years ago