Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arushi. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Oooooh, I just saw AoL, and ran from that thread out of shame. Hahaha. Okay no laughing matter. 

But you know what? I have something to make you feel guilty about also (Note to Self: Arushi shut up or Nj will shoot you one of these days for the taunts) Anyway, I am risking my life and writing this message (imagine loads of drama here ) 

You know I have forgotten a major chunk of the AoL storyline, and no, it has got nothing to do with academics taking a major chunk of my memory. Hmm. So it is derived that this forgetfulness is thanks to the frequent, or super frequent updates. Yes. 

Hahahahaha. Okay, lol. More seriously, I have to read AoL, once again now. Maybe my 5th time. Where and what is Nj the writer doing? 

Ohhh, and by the way, I sat up all night yesterday ( I can't seem to get rid of my insomnia which I developed for the exams) so anyways, I sat up and read Back to Newtons Law. Now I am wondering since that one is an old piece, is a comment still demanded out of me? Hmmm ^_^ 
spln thumbnail
oh bugger off with the reminders already. Nj the writer is being really mean to Nj the girl who wants to write - not even kidding.

but there is so much reading u have to catch up on sweet-y-pie 😆 (Which doesn't include revision reads of AoL btw) that you can't complain just about yet.

so yeh.

poh and, don't worry about comments on BTNL. I can almost guess what you'd wana say. :D :D :D
spln thumbnail
@ sharmila and annanya - you guys are lovelies who like a one shot that i absolutely did no work for. it just came and happened, and i can only be glad you enjoyed it. unfortunately i never really watched the show as such, and i dunno if i can even try do MJHT writing in future. sorry about that...!

@ aliya - hahaha! its just amazing to me sometimes, how people can read that FF over and over, cause its really so long! most of the times, a random good comment or reminder prompts me to go try the feat myself, and i give up a chap or so down, the max i got to once was 5 chapters in a go. perhaps i read it too many times over while writing the damn thing! 😆 thanks all the same - its good to know newton's 'magic' holds =) that's something that dead genius can thank me about 😆
Arushi. thumbnail
Who came to taunt and whose getting told off. Hmpphh !

I will read, okay? I have months on my hand right now. Then we shall talk. Lol. 

Writers Block, is it? 

OMGGG ! Wait? I have to know now, what are you guessing that I have to say? Oh and I also finished reading, Unleashing what remained unsaid. Now you can guess what I want to say there also? Or is this just a ploy to get me to comment? Ermmm.... ?

Haha ! 

Arushi. thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

NOTE: 'Unleashing what remained unsaid' ka thread is closed, so I thought I'd post my comment here only

Yo Nj'!!  ðŸ¤—

First of all, my friends are the most immature and kiddish people ever. Since I cancelled out on them in the morning, they went for a movie without telling me, abhi.  But anyways, I had more fun in the morning, so all good. Hehe. And since I had nothing much to do at the moment, I thought I'd right a comment for real on Unleashing, and make my presence felt. Oh I know AoL feels jealous and ignored, but you know what? AoL hasn't really been making frequent appearances in my life, and they say the best way to get someone's attention is to stop giving them yours, and so that's what I am doing, ignoring AoL so hopefully it will soon miss me and, you know..,.?

Okay, enough of stupid ramblings, which are beyond comprehension. I read Unleashing ages ago, so the finer points are not with me, but well, whatever I thought, here it goes:

TITLE:

When I first read the title, it just came across as a fancy and non-clichd titles. It's only when you read the entire story that you look back and applaud the well thought of title. It's a story that revolves around Armaan and Riddhima, so naturally the title has to represent what they are all about, and what their stories are all about. And I just want to say that I love the title, of all your titles, I love this the most. And that's because, apart from being a well thought out title, it justifies itself. Had it not been for the latter part of it, AoL would be a favourite. But for the reasons mentioned above Unleashing remains my favourite title along with my favourite story :) I mean, it's one story I wish I had read when it was being written so that I could have commented on each part. Yupp, the lazy me, wants to comment on every part. Haha

STORYLINE:

It's a brilliantly thought out storyline, and apart from OS's it's one story that I have read which wasn't dragged or given an abrupt end. It was a fitting end to the story, every character, their past, loopholes etc etc were cleared out by the end of it. And reading it in one go. Ahaan, it was a pleasure :) anywho, coming back on track. Life is pretty ironical at times. That is what I think after reading any story, because believe it or not, every story has something in it, which turns out to be ironical in the end. Ive never had a real life experience like that, but well, if people write about it, it must happen right? Psychologists are supposed to help the world deal with pain, confusion and all that, but Armaan being a psychologist chose to ignore facts that were glaring at him, always. PTSD. It's supposed to be something that psychologists are trained to deal with. And he couldn't deal with his own, he did everything that he shouldn't have, did everything he would have advised his clients against. Hmmm. And the way Gappu, Chirag, Ritu and all played cupid to one stubborn minded and another broken hearted is simply so cute. Awww =)

PS: And you know, as dumb as I might sound, I had to read Armaan's confession to Riddhima twice, to understand the relationship of Armaan with his Kaka and Kaki.

ARMAAN MALLIK:

Aww, I love this character, and I loved the way you shaped him. Made him human, made him make mistakes and finally try to redeem himself of all those. But for once, and this is the first time it has ever happened, and I think, it is the last one too, he was not my favourite character. He just wasn't. I was telling a friend of mine, that whenever I read a novel or story, I tend to turn phan-gurlish for the main guy of the story for a week or so, and I did go into the 'fan-girl' mood, but shockingly not for him. Hehe.

But whatever said and done, I cannot take away the charms of Armaan away, just because someone else appealed to me more. He's a normal introvertish guy who falls in love. The way his Uni days are described, he seems like the perfect guy to fall in love, the one you read about in books. The one ho is quiet in public, seems like the easy to crack guy, the one who'd hesitate to even ask a girl out to prom, probably, but with the her, he's the absolute perfect guy, responsible, caring, someone who'll not say that he loves you, but prove it with his words, someone who'll stand up for you even if he doesn't stand up for himself, someone who'll do silly things just cause you find them adorable, someone who'd be a pillar of strength and confidence.

But who ever said that happy moments lasts? Sometimes it's like this own little world you live in which gets shattered. And circumstances shattered him, shattered them, and changed him in ways that he didn't think were possible. He went back home, took charge, and that in-charge-of-things-Armaan was a new dimension in his character. Something that tells us, that even those who might seem like the weak ones, will stand up and throw everyone of tracks when time comes.

He loved Muskaan and that's evident, and seeing her crash down, must be something. The little girl he'd known never to break, finally broke. And that was the snapping point of the story, of many lives, and of a man.

But he married lovely? Hmmm. Maybe it was needed for the story. But wait, why did he need to marry her? I didn't understand what Rahul wanted when he asked Armaan to marry her? What did he want? Someone to care for Lovely, right? So she could have probably stayed with them or something, but why marry? Just because some papers flashed  a few pictures? I understand that's a big thing, but how did marrying her solve the problem? It's beyond me. When Riddhima told him, that he took the right decision by marrying her, I was surprised. I mean, maybe Armaan needed to hear exactly those words, to release himself of the pent up guilt and Riddhima loved him to much to lose him. But hello? Really? Was that the real choice, the good one? I doubt. Atleast not in my eyes. But maybe, this takes a lot more maturity to understand.

And can I sound like a hopeless romantic and say, that I love the transformation of Armaan after the walk with Gappu. Which, brings me to one question, is there really a place called 'Someplace else' in Calcutta? Haan toh, where was I? Yupp, the transformation of Armaan to a typical teenage lover boy. Ooo. That surprise trip was so expected, but seeing it actually happen. Awww, I love all cute love stories. Hehe. But the whole transformation was so cute. The way he spoke to her, the way he watched her every move to notice anything amiss, and the way he just looked at her. Aaah. Okay, one honest romantic confession? I want a guy who looks at me that way, you know what I mean?

He was a well sketched out character. His shock at seeing her, his losing it all, his impulses ' impulses that defined him, and his reluctance to believe that he was or rather could do anything wrong.

What he said to Gappu, about shutting out possible sources of advise struck a chord with me. I mean, he always shut out everyone when it came to advices on his life. And the best example to that would be when Riddhima talks to him after Lovely's death, he just shut her out, tried to avoid her best he could. But in playing savior he fell pray and got saved instead.

But one thing Im glad for? His courage. All said and done, it takes a lot of courage to just pick up the phone and blurt out your feelings. But then again, that call was an impulsive one, and he was an impulsive man.

RIDDHIMA:

Hmmm. Riddhima has got the most amazing men in her life in this story. Hehe.

After a long time I actually felt bad for Riddhima. Nadz, has made me so averse to Riddhima and she brainwashed me in such a way that made me totally hate Riddhima. And the funniest is, I read one FF after Nadz's bash-riddhima-session and I could only find the bad points of Riddhima in that. Can you believe it? While Riddhima is a pretty sweet girl in that story, so well.

Haan tohjo bhi, I felt bad for her. A romantic, finally thinks she's got it all right, she's made a good choice with her career, she's found a man she believes is perfect, she has an adorable family waiting home for her. How much more perfect can life get? Just the fact, that life and perfect don't go together. They are always glitches, always downs, always disappointments. And so her world comes tumbling down.

Armaan should have given her an explanation her. While I do fall for his argument of his dilemma and all, I don't seem to agree that it was right. You need to trust people you love and you need to tell them the truth, you need to tell them your feeling, you need to make them feel a part of your world. Maybe she wouldn't have supported his decision at that time, but how hard was it for him to take a risk, give it a shot, give her one call? He kept her waiting for 6 whole years. That's not even funny. She went through so much, but she's got courage and faith that she held on. There was love that didn't enable her to move on, alright, but at the same time, there also was this hope inside her that stopped her from moving on. Sometimes it's hope behind the pain that keeps us strong. And just because the relationship ended, doesn't mean the feelings did too.

All I know is that I liked her character, and her stubbornness. Shes been stubborn for the wrong things, but hey, it all worked out for her in the end didn't it. And in the end that is what counts.

ANJALI-ATUL:

Cute :)

When I first liked a guy, and I told my mother about him, she became all motherly and she wanted to know everything about the guy as if as I was planning on marrying him. Lol. And that is what I saw in Anjali too, she became possessive, she became aware, alert and stern. Her refusal to believe the possibility of Armaan and Riddhima being in love when Atul tells her. That's when you realize that as much as she would have tried being a sister to Riddhima, she wasn't. She didn't tease her like Gappu did, she didn't ask her for more details like a sister or a bestie would do. She became wary, and she stressed over the guy. And she's a typical mother. Stressing over him, that first phone call to Gappu in India, and what she says to Gappu during the last night of the FF really struck a nerve with me. She doesn't want to be excluded from the lives of her children, or for that matter from the lives of the one she loved, and that's natural right? And hey, mothers just know everything, she knew all about Minnie, that night? Didn't she?

One general question? Are fathers more chilled out in general? I mean Atul practically played the role of a father to Riddhima, but unlike Anjali, he seemed to accept facts that were right in their faces. He didn't deny or something. And he believed in his gut feeling, he believed in the character of his person, and he had it in him to get a complete picture before judging.

Actually no. Fathers aren't chilled when it comes to the love lifes of their daughters. Not at all.  They're insecure, they are tensed and they scare the girls too.

ANGEL IN DISGUISE:

Everyone has an angel in their lives, popping at the moment you need them the most. And here I am talking about the lady who owned the flower shop. Don't remember her name, lol.

The first encounter of her, Armaan and Gappu was important to both Armaan and Gappu. They formed the base to a strong relationship there. I doubt Gappu could have been as free with Armaan had he not met him at the flower shop as a stranger. And he quotes Shakespeare wahaan pe, awww. OMG, wait. We shall come to that later. Haha.

The second time she figured in the story was when Armaan needed someone the most, or actually needed cash. Lol. And there she appeared, like his angel with a shining halo, hehe. Lol, bad attempt at being' uhmm, whatever !

RITU and CHIRAG:

Best friends can be so random at times naa? One thing I have learnt is that they always think good for you. Always. Its just that they see beyond you, they see through the mask that you put for the world and they do what they can to change it, and set things right. But one bad thing, they know you so well, that they can lie to you brilliantly, and you never doubt them for a second.

This particular part of your story is what I connect with. One of my best friend ( the one's whose birthday I forgot?) broke up with her boyfriend after a stupid silly fight or whatever, and I knew she liked him, like a lot. And I randomly get a text from his best friend saying that he wanted to do something about it, if I was interested. And we did manage to get them together, and they're going super strong. And she was so mad at me first when she got to know, but eventually she did come and thank me, and me, being the mean friend, put her through a guilt trip for a week, where she got me chocolates, and treated me, haha. Good times..!! Only difference being, nothing happened with me and that guy ;) haha.

So yeah, they acted like best friends do. And they made a good pair, and that's because they're friends, before anything else.

One thing I really enjoyed was their conversation when she banged on his door at 3:00am. Cute, it was.

CHIRAG:

They say it doesn't matter which friend came in your life first, what matters is who came and never left you. That's what Chirag was, in a matter of few years, he totally knew Armaan. Knew him in and out. And he was there for him, in every way, more ways than meet the eye.

Best friends are those who understand when you need to be interrupted and when you need space. He didn't ask Armaan any questions when Armaan told him he's getting married, he came back when Armaan needed him in his life, and he stepped back when Armaan left for Calcutta. And despite Armaan trying to shun Chirag out, he stuck. He stuck, cause he knew that Armaan needed him, agree or not.

And the breakdown of the friend was visible, when he nearly begged Armaan to come back, and told him off for the times when he was needed but was not there. I felt really bad at the time when he told him, that you cant reverse time and be my best man. That hits you, honestly.

But then again, his excitement being insane when he was at the airport, the telepathic connection to surprise Riddhima and the way he told Riddhima to prove worthy of it. Awww, adorable. Hehe.

And you know my favourite moment of his character? When he takes out that old album and explains Riddhima. The girl she now is, and the girl she used to be, and why and how things changed, and what needs to be done, and just the whole metaphor beyond it. And also, when he tells Armaan after the news of the miscarriage is broken to him, that he shouldn't pretend to be mad at Riddhima.  

RITU:

Now there are few moments of Ritu, that make you smile.

I like the way she took the initiative to contact Chirag, to get Armaan's case assigned to Riddhima, and knew that Riddhima needed Armaan. That moment when Riddhima is like, I don't want to get back with him, and Ritu catches her and very nonchantly says, not to get back, to get over. ROFL, that was some moment. And even when Riddhima babbles after the confession and when Ritu just smiles and says : 'I know'. That was just such a cute moment. That smile on Ritu's face was one of happiness, joy, relief, success at her plan, and just seeing her best friend come to life.

Simply brilliant'..!!!

MUSKAAN:  

She's such a bubbly character, from the TV series she was one of my favourite characters. And I am so glad that you kept her craziness alive. It's funny how she became so important to Gappu. But what's even funnier is the fact that she and Riddhima were the two most important in the lives of Armaan and Gappu. (Oh, Gappu has one more, haha).

They say for every little amount of happiness, there is a price you have to pay. And for all that bubbliness on the outside, there was a very weak and broken Muskaan. Vivek, the boy broke her heart into pieces, and Rahul, the gentlemen picked up and pieced together that heart. Lol. Damn cheesy, I know. Ignore it. But I love the patience with which Rahul let her take her time, was patient with her, and believed in her, believed in them. And muskaan's resolve to finally move ahead, to finally accept the past and snap out of it once and forever.

There doesn't seem to be much difference between Armaan and Muskaan (OMG, Gappu's thing about these two having the same sounding names, was so funny, and I never realized it before, pata hain?). They both shunned out what they needed to face, and they both preferred to keep bottling emotions inside them. Maybe, blood actually makes you think and feel the same way. Hmmm.

Oooh, and I loved Muskaan and Gappu's  random banters, damn cute. And I like the way she despite being anything was so sensitive and analytical, she knew there was something wrong with Gappu at the restaurant when the 'pig' in him didn't eat. She also sensed something between Armaan and Riddhima during those few minutes of Skype conversation. (Which reminds me, do you have Skype?)

I liked Rahul too. You know I used to really like Raoool's eyes in the serial. Hehe. Coming back, I like his character,the way he took the chance of calling Chirag up, the way he handled Muskaan's miscarriage, the way he bonded with Riddhima, the way he understood Riddhima, the way he was capable of handling and understanding silence, and the way he was the silent shield of "Mallik Niwaas".

And awww, that name fitting thing was so cool. I tried to do that with all my friends, crushes, family etc etc. haha, can you believe that? Actually, knowing me, you can. Haha..!!

Acha, so I think I have covered Rahul also in this, and so I am not going to put him under a special header.

MINNIE:

Okay, as nuts as this sounds. I like this name. hehe. I am a big Mickey and Minnie mouse fan, and when I hear, Minnie, it always reminds me of Minnie Mouse. I mean that girl, oops, mouse, hahaha, is so cute and adorable, and prim and proper and well, you get the picture naa? Haha.

But she was so cute naa? I like the way you developed her character. Her hesitation on the first meeting with Riddhima, her nervous blabbering, her getting comfortable with Riddhima at the dinner and teasing Gappu, her craving little attention, her missing Gappu, her getting angry when he watches a match instead of talking to her. Okay, that was too much. I mean he has come after so long, and he is watching a stupid match? And especially when it was such an interesting piece of gossip about Armaan sneaking into Riddhima's room. Haaawww, bad gappu, very bad lol.  And I like the way she wanted to be part of the plan to reunite Armaan and Riddhima.

But best is how, without knowing anything, she invited Armaan and Riddhima to their play.

But you know what was the cutest thing? Her chain of thoughts when she waits for Armaan to propose Riddhima. Let's be honest about one thing, at one point or another in our life, we've all dreamt of our dream proposals, and how the guy would ask your parents for your hand. Awww, that is something I could totally relate to.

SNEAK IN MY ROOM, BABY..!!

I don't think any love story is ever complete without the male protagonist sneaking into his lady love's house or room. And there it had to be here also...!!

And he made her cook. Haha. Raat mein hi made her cook, haye raam. Hehe. And the promises and sweet nothing, awww, that was just so cute.  

And another sweet moment was when they spoke little romantic sentences in between the confession call. Awww, Nj, I want a love story like that yaaarrr'' hehe.

GAPPU:

There is a reason that this character has been chosen for the last. You might have expected him to be the first seeing how I love him the most. Awww, Nj, I love you for creating this character. Honestlyy..!! I love him, like I've loved no fictional character. Haha, now you probably are thinking, 'here she goes again'. Haha.

But I love him, oh well, I already said that naa? But it's just that the way that his character was done was so cool.

His letter, his telling Riddhima that Armaan is approved, that letter ooo, I read that letter thrice when I first read the story you know? His little actions, and he just being so cool and intitutive.

I like the way he played around with Armaan and Riddhima, like his comradeship with Chirag and Ritu, adored his relationship with his parents and simply drooled over the way he drooled over Minnie. Hehe.

You know I love the scene where he is breaking his news of going to Armaans place in Caclutta and is playing with every string of Riddhima's heart. OMFG, I was laughing madly in that one.

How he chills with Armaan after Armaan's confession call, and how he teased him the next morning. Omg, that was sooo funny.

And he quotes Shakespeare, awww, plus he had a Brit accent. What more did Minnie want? Haha ;)

Okay, I am being ridiculos and not making sense. But you know when you really love something, and you just stand there like an idiot with no words? That's what I am doing. I think I have so much to say about him, but nothing comes when I start to tap away' hmm.

But I'll tell you one thing, I really liked. It was his sensitivity underneath everything. Yes he did crazy things, but he was sensitive. He felt bad about Minnie's phone call, he got emotional hearing his mothers voice, he sat with Armaan after the call only because he knew Armaan needed him, he spoke to Minnie till the wee hours of morning because he knew it was important to talk to her, sooth her, and just be there with her in that moment, he told Riddhima he liked Armaan after the first meeting and it did have the desired effect, he went to just be there with Riddhima when Armaan went after Vivek, he wanted to meet Minnie on the first day back home, got all jittery when he thought Minnie was talking about other 'girls' and he just did everything that made you feel like he cared for the world. And if you ask me, yes he cared for all those who constituted his world.

And just the way he told Armaan about how he repayed him by confessing to Riddhima. Awww, my friends who've had brothers have always said how amazing it is to have one, and Gappu seemed like the picture perfect brother. Plus, a guy who looks at his girl that way, and tells her he loves her when she is on top of the world, litreally ;) Now that's some guy. Hehe. 

So yeah, once again, I love this character beyond words. Hehe.

And sorry if I missed out on anything, the FF was read a long time ago. And grammar and English and organization of thoughts, just one word ' IGNORE !!

Here's to you and me,

Tushiii 🤗

PS: And since there is so much football in this FF, I've got lame one for you : 'The reason women don't play football is because eleven of them would never wear the same outfit in public'  Haha

Edited by Arushi. - 12 years ago
Ha Ha Ha Lookk What I Found!.. :P 
It Pays To "Investigate" ðŸ˜ƒ

harshdb thumbnail

for the pm

the seggi of weavers den was

i wil read the ffs and comment on the thread...
Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
~ At Dawn~
one of the best OS i have read...