Page   of 5
Page 5 Page 5

P1nk

IF-Dazzler

P1nk

Posted: 24 March 2010 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

[QUOTE=P1nk]

But what If you pray  for the sake  of it and feel that there is no spiritual connection or a feeling of greatness?? even when you follow the teaching's of your Lord, perform those necessary ritual tasks you still somehow dont  feel cleansed and pure..

should we stop praying until we find that connection with God spiritually?

thnx summer ji Tongue
[/QUOTE
P1nk, our souls are immortal and is ever perfect. Spiritual life is nothing more than trying to remove the ignorance that hides the real Truth.
We can only try to make our minds less clogged up with too much desires and worldly things.
But it is pointless to rush things and get burnt out as well.

God does not need any agent or intermediary. He will deal with you directly. None can claim to come in between you and the God of your choice (same God wearing a different hat)LOL
Good Luck.

Yes he does deal directly no doubt, but im always placed in the waiting room Ouch

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Being Spiritual and religious (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Khatarnak

IF-Rockerz

Khatarnak

Posted: 24 March 2010 at 2:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by P1nk

Argh you write soo much. Ouch

Sorry Big smile - is that enough LOLLOLLOL

P1nk

IF-Dazzler

P1nk

Posted: 24 March 2010 at 2:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Khatarnak

haha no its ok, your posts are great to read Embarrassed but these days i am soo lazy and plus my eyes leak so i dont follow up every word just skim through it. LOL

Khatarnak

IF-Rockerz

Khatarnak

Posted: 24 March 2010 at 2:59pm | IP Logged

haha no its ok, your posts are great to read Embarrassed but these days i am soo lazy and plus my eyes leak so i dont follow up every word just skim through it. LOL

No problem from now on I will try to make it sweet and short Big smile

P1nk

IF-Dazzler

P1nk

Posted: 24 March 2010 at 3:08pm | IP Logged

No problem from now on I will try to make it sweet and short Big smile

Gawd bless, sweet child. Big smile

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 24 March 2010 at 8:47pm | IP Logged

so u cry. wait till u read Khaty Bhai's shayari.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

P1nk

Khatarnak

IF-Rockerz

Khatarnak

Posted: 27 March 2010 at 2:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

so u cry. wait till u read Khaty Bhai's shayari.

I don't think if she is crying - just trying to make a point

Khaty bhai tum bolte bohat ho LOLLOLLOL

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 27 March 2010 at 3:40am | IP Logged

People really want to understand the difference between religious and spiritual. Spirituality is something internal whereas religion is something external.

When you start probing into yourself about the meaning of your life, who you are? and why do you live this life?, you have started feeling spiritual, Self awareness is the first step towards spirituality. Being aware of yourself and your karma is a wonderful experience to have in your life. Once you understand your karma, your soul will continue its journey in a peaceful way.

Religion is nothing but a set of structured systems and theories which induce the thinking of spirituality. It helps you to find the right questions to ask about yourself and find the appropriate answers. The difference between religion and spirituality is simply that most religions offer a specific set of beliefs and structures to help people to attune to their innate spirituality. The difference between religion and spirituality is in form only, for the true essence of all spiritual and religious practices is God.

For being spiritual, you don't necessarily need to attach yourself with a religion. When you find it difficult to attain the self awareness by yourself, the religious lectures by the Guru's can help you to do this. Most of us want to be wiser, more compassionate, more aware, and have more meaningful lives and religion try to address these desires.

If you are spiritual person, you can see the truth in all religions. If you are spiritual, you can enjoy all the good concepts provided by all religions in this world. All are different paths to the same goal and all religions stem from the same source.

@bold: Isn't that a part of Hinduism as well though? So there is an overlap with religion here too right. Sometimes it is really hard to distinguish between spirituality and religion but maybe that is because I consider my religion as a way of life and not really as hardcore rules that must be followed. I look at it as a set of guidelines that will help you do well in life and not something which tells you 'do this or you are doomed' sort of thing. Confused My religion doesn't tell me that I have to pray X times a day or that it is compulsory for me to visit a holy place of worship once a week or more. (plus anyway I have a mandir at home too)

I don't think that just because you are spiritual, it automatically means you have an equal amount of respect for all religions. I have found that most people in the west who start to question their religion and become very spiritual find Bhuddism very interesting and I suppose a lot of them find Hinduism very interesting, which would explain the increasing number of Hare Krishnas, esp. the one's I always see chanting down Oxford St. Tongue I think that a lot of people have started to question their faith and when they do so, most of them aren't just happy by the questions, they look for answers by exploring other religions like Islam, Bhuddism, Hinduism, Sikhism etc and when they find a religion that answers most of their questions (in a way that makes sense to them), they begin to follow that.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top