Page 4 Page 5

baz786

IF-Sizzlerz

baz786

Posted: 23 March 2010 at 8:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by P1nk

Originally posted by Summer3

I fail In both of them so i wouldnt know. How much I want to particitpate In this discussion Disapprove
P1nk there is nothing to be confused about. Let us put it simply.

Basically when we pray to God in whichever form or way and read books about the the teachings and follow them, it is normally referred to as being religious. this is also a process of cleansing our minds etc so that we are euipped to do enquiry into the nature of the world, nature of the soul, God etc. such enquiry falls under the category of spirituality.
Some may forgo all prayers and religion etc and delve into honest enquiry too.

Yet others may ignore both religion and spirituality and only believe in doing good without caring for their salvation in anyway, such persons too achieve the ultimate goal.
A fine case is Lord Buddha who sought answers to stop the sufferings of mankind.

But what If you pray  for the sake  of it and feel that there is no spiritual connection or a feeling of greatness?? even when you follow the teaching's of your Lord, perform those necessary ritual tasks you still somehow dont  feel cleansed and pure..

should we stop praying until we find that connection with God spiritually?

thnx summer ji Tongue

pink keep praying

one maybe experciencing lack of spirtual connection

simple keep praying and asking Allah (swt) in ur dua's for help

i myself have become lazy in praying and i dnt pray namaz as often as i used to

i just keep asking Allah (swt) in my dua's to bring me back on true path and help me in every aspect of life including my strenghteming my faith

Edited by baz786 - 23 March 2010 at 8:38am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

P1nkFair-n-luvly

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Being Spiritual and religious (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

CunningLinguist

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 March 2010 at 8:36am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

P1nk

IF-Dazzler

P1nk

Posted: 23 March 2010 at 8:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Emptiness

But what If you pray  for the sake  of it and feel that there is no spiritual connection or a feeling of greatness?? even when you follow the teaching's of your Lord, perform those necessary ritual tasks you still somehow dont  feel cleansed and pure..

thnx summer ji Tongue

first find that connection with yourself, and you'll find connection with God.... if there is one lol

and hi Tongue

I know one connection I found and that Is with you. Hug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

baz786

CunningLinguist

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 March 2010 at 8:49am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

P1nkbaz786

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 23 March 2010 at 9:31am | IP Logged

thnx summer ji Tongue

first find that connection with yourself, and you'll find connection with God.... if there is one lol

and hi Tongue

I know one connection I found and that Is with you. Hug

nothing else matters Hug
Yes we can start with a small circle first and gradually it gets bigger.
It is true that initially it is hard to feel connected with the Big Guy, but that is because we think that the Big Guy is so far away.LOL

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 23 March 2010 at 9:41am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=P1nk]

thnx summer ji Tongue
[/QUOTE
P1nk, our souls are immortal and is ever perfect. Spiritual life is nothing more than trying to remove the ignorance that hides the real Truth.
We can only try to make our minds less clogged up with too much desires and worldly things.
But it is pointless to rush things and get burnt out as well.

God does not need any agent or intermediary. He will deal with you directly. None can claim to come in between you and the God of your choice (same God wearing a different hat)LOL
Good Luck.

Edited by Summer3 - 23 March 2010 at 9:42am

Khatarnak

IF-Rockerz

Khatarnak

Posted: 24 March 2010 at 11:16am | IP Logged

[QUOTE=P1nk]

thnx summer ji Tongue
[/QUOTE
P1nk, our souls are immortal and is ever perfect. Spiritual life is nothing more than trying to remove the ignorance that hides the real Truth.
We can only try to make our minds less clogged up with too much desires and worldly things.

God does not need any agent or intermediary. He will deal with you directly. None can claim to come in between you and the God of your choice (same God wearing a different hat)LOL
Good Luck.

The essence of spirituality is the search to know our true selves, to discover the real nature of consciousness. This quest has been the foundation of all the great spiritual teachings, and the goal of all the great mystics.

Throughout the history of humanity it has been said that the self we know -- the individual ego -- is a very limited form of identity. Ignorant of our true selves we derive a false sense of identity from what we have, or what we do -- from our possessions, our role in the world, how others see us, etc. Because the world on which it is based is continually changing, this derived sense of identity is always under threat, and our attempts to maintain it are responsible for much of our "self-centered" behaviour.

Behind this identity is a deeper identity, what is often called the "true self". This can be thought of as the essence of consciousness. Although our thoughts, feelings and personality may vary considerably, the essence of mind remains the same. We are each very diffferent people than we were twenty years ago, but still we feel the same sense of "I". This sense of "I-ness" is the same for everyone, and in that respect is something universal that we all share.

When we discover this deeper sense of self we are freed from many of the fears that plague us unnecessarily. We discover a greater inner peace, an inner security that does not depend upon events or circumstances in the world around. As a result we become less self-centered, less needy of the other's approval or recognition, less needy of collecting possessions and social status, and become happier, healthier and more loving people. In many spiritual teachings this is called "self-liberation".

Most spiritual teachings also maintain that when one comes to know the true nature of consciousness, one also comes to know God. If God is the essence of the whole of creation, then God is the essence of every creature, and every person. This is why the search to discover the nature of one's own innermost essence is the search for God.

DemonStarSummer3

P1nk

IF-Dazzler

P1nk

Posted: 24 March 2010 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Khatarnak

[QUOTE=P1nk]

thnx summer ji Tongue
[/QUOTE

Good Luck.

The essence of spirituality is the search to know our true selves, to discover the real nature of consciousness. This quest has been the foundation of all the great spiritual teachings, and the goal of all the great mystics.

Throughout the history of humanity it has been said that the self we know -- the individual ego -- is a very limited form of identity. Ignorant of our true selves we derive a false sense of identity from what we have, or what we do -- from our possessions, our role in the world, how others see us, etc. Because the world on which it is based is continually changing, this derived sense of identity is always under threat, and our attempts to maintain it are responsible for much of our "self-centered" behaviour.

Behind this identity is a deeper identity, what is often called the "true self". This can be thought of as the essence of consciousness. Although our thoughts, feelings and personality may vary considerably, the essence of mind remains the same. We are each very diffferent people than we were twenty years ago, but still we feel the same sense of "I". This sense of "I-ness" is the same for everyone, and in that respect is something universal that we all share.

When we discover this deeper sense of self we are freed from many of the fears that plague us unnecessarily. We discover a greater inner peace, an inner security that does not depend upon events or circumstances in the world around. As a result we become less self-centered, less needy of the other's approval or recognition, less needy of collecting possessions and social status, and become happier, healthier and more loving people. In many spiritual teachings this is called "self-liberation".

Most spiritual teachings also maintain that when one comes to know the true nature of consciousness, one also comes to know God. If God is the essence of the whole of creation, then God is the essence of every creature, and every person. This is why the search to discover the nature of one's own innermost essence is the search for God.

Argh you write soo much. Ouch

Post Reply New Post

Go to top