India-Forums

Being Spiritual and religious (Page 2)

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 23 March 2010 at 2:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

[
Vinu ji appka bahut bada problem hain isliye special rattlesnake vodka.

That snake is alive or dead!!?LOL& Are you sure!! you realy wanna make me Good Sharabeeee  lolLOL
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 23 March 2010 at 2:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

[

That snake is alive or dead!!?LOL& Are you sure!! you realy wanna make me Good Sharabeeee  lolLOL
Vinu Bhai after drinking this you will be Spiritual but not religious.LOL

I found out that even long distance runners and those that do very deep meditations go very high, intoxicated to some extent on air, pagli hawa.
So you need to practise now.

Very sad that several great ghazal singers too drink too much and die early.
too much drinking can lead to depression too.

Edited by Summer3 - 23 March 2010 at 2:31am
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 23 March 2010 at 3:13am | IP Logged

[

Vinu Bhai after drinking this you will be Spiritual but not religious.LOL --Aisa hey tho Am in Middle nowLOL

I found out that even long distance runners and those that do very deep meditations go very high, intoxicated to some extent on air, pagli hawa.
So you need to practise now. --yaaa practising different waysBig smile

too much drinking can lead to depression too. ---I think mind is not intelligent,its messed with lots of things..becse of mind's conscious games,people go to the movie, the football match.. get lost in the crowd, dance in the disco, forget yourself, drink alcohol,blah blah to foget themselfs or conscious mind and that moment they enjoy or relax..some loose the controling power...they feel more depressed or move on with same acts.Big smile

Edited by Believe - 23 March 2010 at 3:14am
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 23 March 2010 at 3:28am | IP Logged

[

Vinu Bhai after drinking this you will be Spiritual but not religious.LOL --Aisa hey tho Am in Middle nowLOL

So you need to practise now. --yaaa practising different waysBig smile

too much drinking can lead to depression too. ---I think mind is not intelligent,its messed with lots of things..becse of mind's conscious games,people go to the movie, the football match.. get lost in the crowd, dance in the disco, forget yourself, drink alcohol,blah blah to foget themselfs or conscious mind and that moment they enjoy or relax..some loose the controling power...they feel more depressed or move on with same acts.Big smile
Ah the mind if it can be controlled is truly the best and most beautiful friend one can have.
A steady mind that is dipped in knowledge is an invincible armour.
But what if we need to go beyond the mind ?
Universal mind is the same as unversal consciousness, I Believe.
P1nk IF-Dazzler
P1nk
P1nk

Posted: 23 March 2010 at 6:39am | IP Logged
I fail In both of them so i wouldnt know. How much I want to particitpate In this discussion Disapprove
baz786 IF-Sizzlerz
baz786
baz786

Posted: 23 March 2010 at 7:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Khatarnak

People really want to understand the difference between religious and spiritual. Spirituality is something internal whereas religion is something external.

When you start probing into yourself about the meaning of your life, who you are? and why do you live this life?, you have started feeling spiritual,  Self awareness is the first step towards spirituality. Being aware of yourself and your karma is a wonderful experience to have in your life. Once you understand your karma, your soul will continue its journey in a peaceful way.

Religion is nothing but a set of structured systems and theories which induce the thinking of spirituality. It helps you to find the right questions to ask about yourself and find the appropriate answers. The difference between religion and spirituality is simply that most religions offer a specific set of beliefs and structures to help people to attune to their innate spirituality. The difference between religion and spirituality is in form only, for the true essence of all spiritual and religious practices is God.

For being spiritual, you don't necessarily need to attach yourself with a religion. When you find it difficult to attain the self awareness by yourself, the religious lectures by the Guru's can help you to do this. Most of us want to be wiser, more compassionate, more aware, and have more meaningful lives and religion try to address these desires.

If you are spiritual person, you can see the truth in all religions. If you are spiritual, you can enjoy all the good concepts provided by all religions in this world. All are different paths to the same goal and all religions stem from the same source.

I think religion can go hand in hand

is spirtuality is what u feel inside as one member said

religion is the physical act of  expressing that feeling inside

although one can be spirtual but not religious also

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Fair-n-luvly

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 23 March 2010 at 7:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by P1nk

I fail In both of them so i wouldnt know. How much I want to particitpate In this discussion Disapprove
P1nk there is nothing to be confused about. Let us put it simply.

Basically when we pray to God in whichever form or way and read books about the the teachings and follow them, it is normally referred to as being religious. this is also a process of cleansing our minds etc so that we are euipped to do enquiry into the nature of the world, nature of the soul, God etc. such enquiry falls under the category of spirituality.
Some may forgo all prayers and religion etc and delve into honest enquiry too.

Yet others may ignore both religion and spirituality and only believe in doing good without caring for their salvation in anyway, such persons too achieve the ultimate goal.
A fine case is Lord Buddha who sought answers to stop the sufferings of mankind.

P1nk

P1nk IF-Dazzler
P1nk
P1nk

Posted: 23 March 2010 at 8:29am | IP Logged

Originally posted by P1nk

P1nk there is nothing to be confused about. Let us put it simply.

Basically when we pray to God in whichever form or way and read books about the the teachings and follow them, it is normally referred to as being religious. this is also a process of cleansing our minds etc so that we are euipped to do enquiry into the nature of the world, nature of the soul, God etc. such enquiry falls under the category of spirituality.
Some may forgo all prayers and religion etc and delve into honest enquiry too.

Yet others may ignore both religion and spirituality and only believe in doing good without caring for their salvation in anyway, such persons too achieve the ultimate goal.
A fine case is Lord Buddha who sought answers to stop the sufferings of mankind.

But what If you pray  for the sake  of it and feel that there is no spiritual connection or a feeling of greatness?? even when you follow the teaching's of your Lord, perform those necessary ritual tasks you still somehow dont  feel cleansed and pure..

should we stop praying until we find that connection with God spiritually?

thnx summer ji Tongue

baz786

Go to top