"The repeat effect"

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
Ever since they started telecasting old episodes, all of us got the oppurtunity to watch the episodes we missed in the past and also a lot more of cases which we had never seen. This has always led to many discussions about the former cid cops, stories, episodes etc.. We recollected the golden era of CID, where everything from stories to cases were perfect. I think this has had a positive effect on the CID team also. They must have experienced a nostalgia and compared their old performances to the current ones. I believe this is the reason why we are getting to watch some really good episodes in the recent times. CID is undergoing a wonderful makeover. It is giving promos of the coming episodes and passing on information about the shoting locales. I am really loving this all thanks to the "repeat effect".Edited by abhijeetdaya - 14 years ago

I don't know if it is the 'repeat effect', but they have definitely pulled up their socks after the disastrous period in Nov-Dec09.

They might have realised that when people watch so many re-runs, they will definitely compare the episode quality and will prefer watching old ones. Many of  us were posting on this forum about the quality of CID and they would have realised it.

I can see the difference in the actors themselves. Abhijeet was looking 'bored' in some of the Dec 09 episodes. Aditya is such a talented actor that he has to be given the chance to perform. In some of the episodes, he and Daya were never seen together and we all were posting complaints here. And lo....we have the 'Sr Ins Abhijeet' episode. Fredricks was made to look like a buffoon and we were complaining about that. They seem to have taken this into account as well now. ACP was seen shouting at the top of his voice to an asthma patient in one episode and some of our members complained.

They would definitely have taken this feedback.
Edited by visrom - 14 years ago
i have a feeling some of the members of the creative team are on this forum as silent members who watch over our feedback! Cool! oh how i wish one day the actors too see these threads we have posted! adi sir shivaji sir daya sir ashwini ji( she shud know dat we want her and still love her unanimously) dinesh ji( he shud c hw we want a little more serious freddy) etc!

and i do hope bp singh also sees some of the stories posted by so many of us!!!