Favourite Food
Biryani and butter chicken
Favourite Colour
White and Black
Favourite Outfit
Jeans and t-shirts or shirts
Favourite Perfumes
Davidoff Cool Waters and Eternity by Calvin Klein

What is your role in Miley Jab Hum Tum on air on Star One?
I play the role of Nupur, a small town girl, who is like a spark of electricity in the lazy town of Morena. Nupur is outspoken and extrovert and has the uncanny ability to chat and yap with any one irrespective of the gender, cast or language

To what extent, are you able to identify with the character of Nupur in real life?
I can relate to the character 100% in real life because like me, Nupur, by virtue of her extrovert nature has friends all over the place effortlessly, be it school friends, college friends, net friends, bus stop friends, shopping friends and son on.

What did you like about the character the best?
What I like the best about the character is that she is a style icon of sorts, at least according to the small town standards. With an eye for detail in dressing, Nupur is the Diva in Morena, or at least she believes that she is

Why did you flip for the role when it was offered to you?
I wanted to do a young role in a youthful serial like Miley Jab Hum Tum after playing the role of a bahu like Prarthana day in and day out in a serial like Har Ghar Kuch Kehta Hai which was on air on Zee TV

Have you acted in any other serial earlier besides Har Ghar Kuch Kehta Hai?
It was with the serial Shaadi Street, produced by Deepti Bhatnagar and directed by Rajan Shahi that I had actually made my debut as an actress in a TV serial. It is unfortunate that the serial is yet to come on air, though Rajan had shot around twenty-seven episodes of the show.

In what way was your role in Shaadi Street similar to the character that you play in Miley Jab Hum Tum?
Unlike Miley Jab Hum Tum, Shaadi Street was a family drama. However the character of Nandini that I essayed in Shaadi Street was a very bubbly one very similar to the character of Nupur that I am playing now in Miley Jab Hum Tum

Where did you vanish after Har Ghar Kuch Kehta Hai?
I was forced to take complete bed rest for almost four months after Har Ghar Kuch Kehta Hai was off air, when I had the misfortune of getting a ligament tear, while I was doing the rehearsals for the Zee Rishte Awards

Her father was a businessman. She had no acting background, but she use to organize events when she was in College. She had studied commerce and was interested in doing business but when she got offer of acting she went away with it. She has knowledge of 8 languages and she is learning Marathi. She is very practical in life and is bubbly, chirpy and fun loving kind of person. She is very friendly in nature. She loves to make friends but not only for time pass.

She also has a passion for Music. For her, listening music is a kind of relaxation. She also sings and lent her voice to an album with Piyush Soni having a number of songs. She loves Mumbai as it has given her a lot in life.

After completing her studies, She came to Mumbai from Delhi to try her luck in acting and got noticed by Ajay Sinha. But her project with him didn't work out. She made her debut as an actress on Television screen with the serial 'Shaadi Street', produced by Deepti Bhatnagar and directed by Rajan Shahi. After that offers star pouring in. She was offered one of the main leads in "Har Ghar Kuch Kehta Hai" which was aired on Zee Tv. Because of her familiarity with various languages she has also worked in two South Indian movies. The role of Nupur portrayed by her in Serial 'Miley Jab Hum Tum' has always been hot talk of town. She was nominated for ITA Gr8 face of the year 2008 but lost out to Sanaya Irani. She has also won Young Achiever's Award for Best Actress2009 in Delhi. Simple and friendly nature, excellent dialogue delivery and fabulous facial expressions makes Rati a brilliant actor.

Personal life

Pandey was born in a small town in Assam, but later brought up in Patna and Delhi. Although from a small town, her parents were very liberal and supported her a lot in her dreams of becoming an actor. Pandey's friends say that she is a practical, fun-loving, bubbly and chirpy person. Having studied commerce, Pandey was always interested in doing business but acting happened to her by fluke.

Career

Pandey came to Mumbai from Delhi to try her luck and got noticed by Ajai Sinha, but her project with him didn't work out. She stayed back and tried her luck with other production houses and offers started pouring in.

She made her debut with television with Deepti Bhatnagar's show Shaadi Street. She played a leading role in the Zee television series Har Ghar Kuch Kehta Hai.[3] Currently, Pandey plays, one of the main characters of the series, Nupur, a bubbly, fashion enthusiastic and Hindi film loving girl in Miley Jab Hum Tum.

Pandey was also offered a role in Banoo Mein Teri Dulhan, to replace Divyanka Tripathi but Pandey declined the offer.

Awards/Nominations/Honors

Nominations

• Nominated for ITA Gr8! face of the year 2008
Nominated in several catergories in zee rishton ka utsav awards 2007 for har ghar kuch kehta hai

Awards

• Young Achiever's Award for Best Actress 2009 (In Delhi)

Honors

• Varun Mehta's Open Viewer's Poll Choice Awards for Best Actress 2009

Television

Films

• Student (In Telugu)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shreya_9.PINK.relentless.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Rati pandey fan club" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ItsAysha

Goldie

ItsAysha

Posted: 21 March 2010 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Rati Pandey's fan
ronitpf
Mysterygirl_me
Tani91
Melissa
sosweetsumi
-Zeustina- 
princess_dj
Anusha
*Reemz*
bkeero
nightangel
muiza75
-Preeti-
Siddi
soni595
skfan
-Faith-
ashi_mania
pirate
~aashka~rocks~
Sunny-Malik
sumonetolub
sportskp
SAra_spiritual
sweetisme
aysha_18
Surveen_kapoor
Sorry if I have forgot anyones name . U can PM me if u want to be your name in this list and it should be titled Rati's fan

Edited by aysha_11 - 21 March 2010 at 2:49pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Meehak..PINK.relentless.

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 21 March 2010 at 1:18pm | IP Logged

surveen_kapoor

IF-Rockerz

surveen_kapoor

Posted: 21 March 2010 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
Please add me also in the fans list :)

preity*zinta

IF-Veteran Member

preity*zinta

Posted: 21 March 2010 at 8:53pm | IP Logged

As mentioned above this FC already exists!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top