Advice Corner

Discussion - Advice From a Younger Person? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 30 March 2010 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
I personally will not have any problem in taking advice from a younger person.

The only thing that matters to me while taking advice and discussing my problems is the person's maturity not his/her age. Some people are wise beyond their years and others are old age wise but so immature. Many times age is a good indicator of a person's maturity level but not always.

So, if it's a younger person who's mature enough to help me in my problem or at least just listen to my problem, then sure I would share it and take his/her advice.

-Mahi

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mins97ragsmastlifechhilt

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Discussion - Advice From a Younger Person? (Page 2)" in Advice Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mins97

mins97

Posted: 02 April 2010 at 10:28am | IP Logged
yup totally agree with u ^^

-Rinki-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Rinki-

Posted: 03 April 2010 at 6:07am | IP Logged

Do you think age matters in taking advice? Would you accept advice from a person younger than you?

Certainlyy .. I mean the younger person if knows the situation can sometimes give an advice which turns to be more helpful than biggies LOL
Yesterday my cousin's parent's were having a fight & he was the one who made my aunt realize her mistake ;)

Is that why online discussions are so valuable?

I think online discussions are quite good .. Some people who think age does matter, they would get blown out if they would know that the person who is actually debating with them is a kid LOL
I myself started discussing online debates when I was 12 which made the people think I was 20 :P

Would you even discuss your problems with younger people in life?

If I know the person well & I trust them then why not :)

lovely_lady

Goldie

lovely_lady

Posted: 04 April 2010 at 2:42am | IP Logged

[QUOTE=-M

Questions to think about!
Do you think age matters in taking advice? Would you accept advice from a person younger than you?

Not necessarily age, but experience does matter, imo.

Like a younger kid wouldnt exactly be very knowlegdable about finances and stuff..
And as for taking advice, well, it depends on what i need advice for..
cause sometimes i think too much about a problem and end up making it more complicated, and if u ask someone older, they give u some complex answer, meanwhile some one u is younger enderstand the problem and gives a  simple solution...if that makes sense ;)

Is that why online discussions are so valuable? We don't know each other's age (at least not right in the beginning) and we just take their advice and if it seems reasonable we follow it.
I think that is right..
Cause sometimes, i admit, i can be a bit too proud to take the advice of someone younger then me..
When u come online, u dont know the person's age..
So when they give u advice, u just look at the advice, not the person or the person's age..

Haha, truthfully? well probably not LOL..

i rarely ever share my personal problems with ppl younger then me..
like i said, im too egoistic sometimes..
but if im desperate, i guess i would LOL..

/QUOTE]

prettywomen22

IF-Dazzler

prettywomen22

Posted: 06 April 2010 at 12:31am | IP Logged
If the advise is good and beneficial nothing wrong in taking it no matter who it comes from.  LOL. I personally do not have any problem taking advise from younger people. 

dreamer_dreams

IF-Rockerz

dreamer_dreams

Posted: 07 April 2010 at 4:02pm | IP Logged

see if u need an advice then u must be going though a problem. at times like those one is most likely stressed so when a younger person advices it stresses that person even more that - "my gosh this person is younger to me and is able to handle the situation in a better way". it hurts their ego and it would kinda hurt mine to.
i discuss my problems very rarely with people whether old or young. if the advice is gud i will take it but at long as i remember i have never asked for it from a younger person.
an older person is likely to b more experienced then the younger one which might not be true in all the cases but it is believe that they are.

Is that why online discussions are so valuable? We don't know each other's age (at least not right in the beginning) and we just take their advice and if it seems reasonable we follow it.

I guess so. when online we dont know their age or their situation in life. we judge them by their advice and think it is that person to be very educated and experienced and follow their advice.

i am not really sure. maybe if they are really close to me otherwise not.

iTangled_25

IF-Stunnerz

iTangled_25

Posted: 08 April 2010 at 2:31am | IP Logged
Today, age is only in number, atleast that is what I think. There is this one thing I heard, the older you get, the more childish people wish to become LOL You definitely will observe live examples, For me the examples are quite live, My grandparents are really children, In the way they think atleast. Sometimes I just cant comprehend themConfused

Usually, younger folks always say things that may sound much sensible at first, but sometimes if you ponder over it they could just leave you amazed LOL

Sometimes even, children say things so innocently, they don't realize that they have suggested something highly significant.
Its the maturity that counts, LOL

-dramaholic-

IF-Sizzlerz

-dramaholic-

Posted: 08 April 2010 at 7:51am | IP Logged
Accepting advice from somebody younger doesn't make you any less inferior then them. Sometimes it is the innocent that have the simplest cure to our complex problems. Adults intend to over think and make things far more complex than they really are. A younger person may have a much simple and pure suggestion.

Taking advice from somebody online is not only because we don't know their age.. there is much more than that. I Feel that online we don't have to worry about be targetted. We can confide in something which is like an online diary and have honest unbiased feedback. This differs from that from a friend because you may always regret/remember knowing that you told a friend something you makes you seem weaker. Online you can get the answers to your secrets which you don't want people around you to think your inferior because you seek help for them.

It depends, if i was to share info with a younger person in life.. It will need to depend if i know this person and if i am close to them. If so and if it is the right frame of moment, why not? I would certainly confide in them :)

Awesome Discussion Mahi =]

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

spiritcrimson

Post Reply New Post

Go to top