Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Is Bollywood male dominated? - Why Bollywood Sucks (Page 3)

tina59 IF-Rockerz
tina59
tina59

Posted: 23 September 2010 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pragya0

Its far more worse in Tamil industry. I remember a big Star in Tamil Ajith was pissed off that his leading lady in a soon to be released movie 'Laila' got married before the movie got released. he felt that will affect the saleability of the movie.

And moreover in S India actress are supposed to protect their 'pure' on-screen persona, remeber what happened to Kushbu after her comments on pre-marital sex?

I disagree that in south industry, its a lot worse. Infact most of the recent movies recently have heroes and heroines who are complete newcomers and have no "filmi looks" as you might call and they have been huge successes.

Atleast in the south, one doesnt need to have a certain body structure or "perfect body" to become a success. In bollywood, if a heroine with an exception on one or two cannot become a heroine if she is healthier in any way , thats not the case in south with both heroes and heroines as looks does not play an important role in movies at all.

The same khushboo was a big hit with her healthy figure and was appreciated for her acting and accepted well.

People think that south prefer heroines with healthier figures which is not true coz right from revathy, rekha, radha, Nadiya,ambika, kanaga, bhanupriya, sridevi, to the snehas, simran' trisha's, were on top with the likes of khushboos and jyothika who were equally excellent.

I rest my case.

mz.jess IF-Sizzlerz
mz.jess
mz.jess

Posted: 11 December 2010 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
Honestly, if the audience prefers to see certain male actors in movies, thats what the directors/film makers are going to give them

if certain people feel passionate against male dominance then they should do something about it, starting with not calling out female actors if they get wrinkles or are too fat, have horrible dressing sense etc etc

Examples are Vidya Balan, the actress gets so critsized for her style sense, that it overshadows her brilliant acting

I love any women-oriented movie, with a  good scirpt! Maybe thats what bollywood needs to start doing, writing good scirpts that are oriented around females, this way we see more actresses doing their thing

A good example, which i hope lives up to the expectations is, "no one killed jessica" i have a huge feeling that rani & vidya will do great!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

moon.rivershivani003_Darling_....Poojie....-SalShah4eva-

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 11 December 2010 at 2:34pm | IP Logged
Simple Bollywood is male dominated and I think Hollywood is 1 million times better than Bollywood

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Tani91-SalShah4eva-

-SalShah4eva- IF-Achieverz
-SalShah4eva-
-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 13 April 2011 at 4:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tani91

Hollywood is 10000000 times better than Bollywood...because they have better movies and actors and much better way to handle their press (even Hwood has W*F press moments BUT they're usually 90% of the time true unlike Bollywood journalists who seem to live in la la land)

Bollywood has always been male dominated and I think Hollywood has too....it took them 82 years to award a female for best director?? and only 4 have been nominated for female best director.
But I have to admit this year for Hollywood it was all about women power..from Mo'Nique to Sandra Bullock to Meryl Streep to Katryn Bigelow...it was reining women all along...everyone forgot about the males..lol

one thing I appreciate about Hollywood is that age isnt that big a deal..I mean an actress like Meryl Streep STILL gets movies and she excells at them....whereas in Bwood....all they do is praise Rekha?? how about offering her a movie as a lead role or how about giving SRK/Aamir and the likes roles that portray their age...how come SRK/Aamir/Saif/Akki havent played fatherly roles in their new movies? and yet the ladies are always given motherly roles
I agreeEmbarrassed
Sridevil Goldie
Sridevil
Sridevil

Posted: 14 April 2011 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
To be honest we can't simply blame the industry.
The audience reject female-oriented films time and time again.
No One Killed Jessica did fairly well but it should have been a smash hit. 7 Khoon Maaf was below expectations too.

So if the audience are rejecting these types of movies - why on earth would a producer invest in them?

The soultion is to make the female-oriented roles more appealing to the majorly male audience - somehow.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

moon.river....Poojie....-SalShah4eva-

vampires-lover IF-Rockerz
vampires-lover
vampires-lover

Posted: 30 September 2011 at 10:19am | IP Logged
i feel that bollywood is male dominating...south india is not the exception especially in tollywood female oriented films come rarely de last female oriented film is arundathi which received huge collection played by anushka ...no one is daring to make female oriented films.in tollywood the situation is worse if the heroine becomes little bit aged they would be thrown away from industry ...
benloth Newbie
benloth
benloth

Posted: 10 October 2011 at 3:22am | IP Logged
i like bollywood more than hollywood ..dont y ? but hollywood film is also good ...
benloth Newbie
benloth
benloth

Posted: 10 October 2011 at 3:23am | IP Logged

hollywood or bollywood ? ck it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMbsGt-9ZZo

Go to top