Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prabha. thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: Ambrosia

If you guys wants then I can make the post a sticky for the whole week. This way we can prevent repeatative posts/comments.

Yes, that will be awesome. This is the thread for next week's case
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1361137
Edited by prabhanarayan - 14 years ago
somu_05 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Ambrosia

</div>
<div>

Great suggestion Prabha di!

If you guys wants then I can make the post a sticky for the whole week. This way we can prevent repeatative posts/comments.

Let me know what you guys think or PM me :)

I was going to suggest that..!! because now that i see...... yesterdays episode topics are all on the secocnd page..! thats quite disappointing..! it would be great to see it as a sticky topic.... each episode for one week......!!! thnx ambrosia....!
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I thought we were supposed to post our opinion's about current cases on the "Current Episodes Discussions" thread.😕
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: debayon

I thought we were supposed to post our opinion's about current cases on the "Current Episodes Discussions" thread.😕

General discussions about current CID episodes, but not specific to any episode in particular, should go in this thread. For example: whether Purvi should continue as a character belongs over there.
Edited by Kal El - 14 years ago
prabha. thumbnail
Today I got a couple of PM where members were asking me if they can use the pics from the gallery, either to post or add to their albums on pic sharing site. I can't answer for everybody who posts. What should I say?
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Well, there's no law or rule against it so they can but due credit must be given.
somu_05 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Well i ll suggest.... that let them use..... but a small token of credit shoudl be given..... !!!! No harm.. till everyone knows where it is from.. and whoze efforts it has come from..!
prabha. thumbnail

The use of the QUOTE Button

I see that a lot of us here have a habit of quoting a long long post then writing a small "I agree" or "thanks" below it. This is another way we duplicate stuff and cluttering the forum.

I think we need to better utilize the QUOTE facility. Quote only when necessary. Sometimes there will be portions a member's message we would like to respond to, try to quote only the part necessary.

If one wants to reply to another member or agree with everything the member has written "@username : message" would be a better way to go ahead.

Let's cut down the duplication and be more organized, if we don't clutter our threads they will be easier to read.

Edited by prabhanarayan - 14 years ago
prabha. thumbnail

FONT COLOR, CASE & SIZE

We are been seeing that a lot of members write in ALL CAPS or in RED COLOR or in BIG FONT SIZE. Members need to realise that ALL CAPS on the internet is considered as shouting. Red colored font is used to indicate warnings, mainly by Mods or Admins. Posts in red are major turn off and discourage many members from reading your views. Big Size fonts are used to indicate something special or important.

I know a lot of members feel that if they write in Huge font, or Bright Red Color or in ALL CAPS they will get attention. That is not necessarily true. These very things can drive people away from reading you views. Multi-Colored posts hurt the eye. I personally avoid them cause my eyes start to water. Let's stick to Normal Size, Black Font-Color with Sentence Casing for regular conversations and have a wider audience reading your views.

Just a suggestion.

Edited by prabha. - 14 years ago
Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Prabha those are some fantastic suggestions you came up with. If people follow these basic rules then it would be a great help for the moderators. I personally do not prefer the quotation of essays just to reply "I agree". It's not only unnecessary and also creates confusion for a newbie when she has read the same thing twice.

I have a suggestion too , the episode discussion that you come up with everyday proved to be fruitful because not only it helps to keep the section clean of repetition threads but also is a great help for silent readers who prefer all the updates along with the episode discussions under one roof. I was wondering if one of you would like to take the responsibility of updating all these "episode discussion" links in the Archives thread. I don't want the discussion post to be wasted which is why I want them archived nicely. Please free to give your inputs here.