Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shagnika thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
I totally agree dis time v shud b Dillogical than thinking abt pure logic in the episode...but there were quite a number of things which i didnt undrstand(although for me this episode stands as the best of 2010 or may b the best of its kind)..if somebody could clarify....

1)  As far as i remember in the CASE OF STOLE DYNAMITE (1st episode of Abhijeet) he was Abhijeet the inspector even b4 his memory loss...n dat was around 11 yrs bak.
then where does dis Arvind come in from? y was he being referred to as Arvind in yest's episode?? n when he was Arvind he wasnt an Inspector???
so does that mean he changed his name or something in those days to Abhijeet n then joined Police??? n how can some1 who has been a suspect of murder case become a police inspector suddenly?? i didnt get the facts rite or was it scripting mistake??

2) In 1 scene Tasha said dat the last call on Paresh's cell was from Abhijeet... how was dat possible?? there was no mention of dis later on in the show...y wud ABhi call Paresh?? n he never said nething abt it either....

the 3rd doubt was abt the video...but Prabhadi explained dat well enough...

plss clarify some1..

but inspite of all this i loved the episode the most!! i saw it soo many times since yest!!! family getting pised wid me cos day n night m watching the same thing...although i have my maths xam dis monday(class 12 boards!! ISC examinations...)but cant help it...

very xcieds for 26th episode..heard its gonna b very interesting...CID raising its bar higher wid each episode!! A big round of applause for our favourite TEAM...HATS OFF TO THEM!!

visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sagnikasenapati

I totally agree dis time v shud b Dillogical than thinking abt pure logic in the episode...but there were quite a number of things which i didnt undrstand(although for me this episode stands as the best of 2010 or may b the best of its kind)..if somebody could clarify....

1)  As far as i remember in the CASE OF STOLE DYNAMITE (1st episode of Abhijeet) he was Abhijeet the inspector even b4 his memory loss...n dat was around 11 yrs bak.
then where does dis Arvind come in from? y was he being referred to as Arvind in yest's episode?? n when he was Arvind he wasnt an Inspector???
so does that mean he changed his name or something in those days to Abhijeet n then joined Police??? n how can some1 who has been a suspect of murder case become a police inspector suddenly?? i didnt get the facts rite or was it scripting mistake??

2) In 1 scene Tasha said dat the last call on Paresh's cell was from Abhijeet... how was dat possible?? there was no mention of dis later on in the show...y wud ABhi call Paresh?? n he never said nething abt it either....

the 3rd doubt was abt the video...but Prabhadi explained dat well enough...

plss clarify some1..

but inspite of all this i loved the episode the most!! i saw it soo many times since yest!!! family getting pised wid me cos day n night m watching the same thing...although i have my maths xam dis monday(class 12 boards!! ISC examinations...)but cant help it...

very xcieds for 26th episode..heard its gonna b very interesting...CID raising its bar higher wid each episode!! A big round of applause for our favourite TEAM...HATS OFF TO THEM!!

About point 1, Stolen Dynamite was in 1999, and the timing of the murder was 1995... when Abhijeet was a junior guy (like our present Vivek) and probably got a tip off about something happening in the hotel and came in disguise....that can be explained easily, as Abhijeet has done too many disguises. The mission was not for Siddharth's murder but a bigger issue, like terrorism etc which couldnt be revealed to the public. It was just a coincidence that Abhijeet was there is disguise and the murder happened and Abhijeet got entagled in this case, just like 'CID undercover', where ACP got arrested. The hotel waiters etc caught Abhijeet as he was there at the murder scene.  

Maybe later on, Abhijeet's senior officers covered up for him, as he was a cop and was sent to the hotel in disguise on their orders. At that time maybe the killer just pushed Abhijeet and ran off and Abhijeet made a sketch etc etc and the still police couldn't find him, and the case was dropped.

After that Abhijeet lost his memory, (if you see the stolen dynamite, he says '2 saal pehle', which means memory loss was in 1997) so he couldn't tell the present ACP about this disguise and stuff.

Point 2 : Abhijeet calling Paresh...Abhijeet vanished for sometime after Paresh's murder. He is a CID officer...do you think  he would have been lying low? Maybe he dug out the file which Daya got later.He might have read the complete case history and wanted to know something more about the case, so called Paresh. The step father probably heard Paresh talking to Abhijeet, so got scared if Abhijeet would recognise him and killed Paresh before he could meet Abhijeet.

Getting more ideas...you know how court cases drag on for  years...the murder happened in 1995...in 1997 the case was still open and in the middle  of it, Abhijeet lost his memory. This Purvi's step-father might have been tracking this case very closely(as he was related to the family),  and realised that Abhijeet has lost his memory completely, so he would never recognise him.So he might have conviced Purvi's family to close the case since further investigations might have brought the truth out.

I hope this explains it.

Edited by visrom - 14 years ago
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I don't think that Abhijit was a officer in 1995. He was called by the father of Sunaina, but about his occupation, I don't think he had any. Although in Stolen Dynamite, the precap does say that he has been a valiant officer for many years. But still, I don't think he was an officer.
visrom thumbnail

Originally posted by: debayon

I don't think that Abhijit was a officer in 1995. He was called by the father of Sunaina, but about his occupation, I don't think he had any. Although in Stolen Dynamite, the precap does say that he has been a valiant officer for many years. But still, I don't think he was an officer.

C'mon yaar...he was Inspector Abhijeet in Stolen Dynamite flashback(1997) where Daya calls him 'Sir' and 'aap'...he would definitely have been a sub-inspector in 1995.
Plsread previous page for more explantions about the case. Edited by visrom - 14 years ago
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
According to The Case of the Stolen Dynamite, Abhijeet was an Inspector when he lost his memory in April 1997 i.e. 13 years ago not 15 years as stated (by Daya) on Friday's episode. SI Daya used to work under him at the time. He had already received at least one medal and had performed several noteworthy case investigations before his memory loss.

I like visrom's speculations but it would have been nice if they had given an explanation in the episode itself. A single line of explanation would have been enough. They should be more careful about these things.
Edited by Kal El - 14 years ago
visrom thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kal El

According to The Case of the Stolen Dynamite, Abhijeet was an Inspector when he lost his memory in April 1997 i.e. 13 years ago not 15 years as stated (by Daya) on Friday's episode. SI Daya used to work under him at the time. He had already received at least one medal and had performed several noteworthy case investigations before his memory loss.

I like visrom's speculations but it would have been nice if they had given an explanation in the episode itself. A single line of explanation would have been enough. They should be more careful about these things.

This is true...
Shagnika thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
explanations given by u guys r quite satisfactory...but the most important question was- where does ARVIND come in from?? when was Abhijeet Arvind?/ v never knew dat his name was ever Arvind!!! it was always Abhijeet...even b4 his memory loss!!!

debayon thumbnail
Maybe he was in a secret operation where his name was Arvind.
prabha. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kal El

Exactly, 15 years back Abhi Sir has to be a police officer, as per ACP he was considered one of the best officers in 1997 before his memory loss. It must have taken him atleast 2 years to establish himself. I fail to understand why and what he must be doing in a bar even 15 years ago. Abhi Sir is definitely not one to hand around in a bars and then end up having a fight with someone there. I would like to believe he was there in disguise.

I can still ignore the fact that Abhijit-Arvind mystery wasn't solved, it happened 15 years ago, Abhi Sir does not remember anything, who will give an explanation as to what happened.

But a lot of times certain clues are thrown in, the CID team talks about it a couple of times, gives it importance and then suddenly those clues end up having zero significance. In this case there was a lot of emphasis on - the broken watch, the fact the killer is injured, Abhi Sir calling Paresh, etc. Paresh calling Abhi Sir, I would still understand but Abhi Sir calling Paresh, I don't understand. Leter there is a conversation between Tasha and ACP about Paresh's call-list and there is no mention of this phone call.

The creative team has to be careful and not make such mistakes. After editing the case they have to ensure not leave such loose ends. Apart from this they have to be careful of giving everyone dialogs that are in-character. Half of the Daya Sir's dialogs in the first Daya-Abhi confrontation were out of character. That was not the Daya Sir I have know for years. They know CID repeats are on in full swing, we have sort of lived 12 years of CID again in the past few months. They have to be careful and maintain consistency of the principle characters and their background. Our memories are very sharp and with the re-runs its only got better.
Edited by prabhanarayan - 14 years ago
debayon thumbnail
Maybe they are referring to Abhijit as the thief Paresh.😆