needadvice thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Hi All,

I need an advice from you all since I am not able to figure out what to do and I needed an unbiased opinion.

I was in a long distance relationship with this guy in London. I met him through his brother who was my friend. We started as friends and later realized we want to be more than friends. Were together for about 2.5 years, I wanted to marry him and I talked to him about it. He always used to say we shouldn't rush it and give ourselves more time. I was 25 when our relationship started and my parents were already looking potential guys for marriage, I told my parents about him and they wanted to talk to his parents. I told him what my parents wanted, but he felt he was being rushed and forced to do something he wasn't ready to do. We went on a break for some time then got back together again.  I went to see him in London and we had the conversation about marriage and he said he will talk to his parents.  Everything was fine, but when I came back to US that guy stopped calling and answering my calls. This happened in June, 2 months later he called me saying that his family wants him to concentrate on his career first and establish himself before getting married.

Now whenever we had a conversation about marriage I always maintained that I am not rushed to get married but at least get engaged so that parents will stop looking for me and this way they will have understand that you are serious about me. So when he called me 2 months later and gave me this reason that his parents don't want him to get married so soon, I realized he is making excuses. We never broke up officially, but we just stopped talking to each other.

Now 7 months later I get a call from an unknown and no one talks, then I get this text message saying "sorry just wanted to hear you" and it is from this guy. I asked why and he tells me that he still thinks about me and sorry to bug me. Then he called again and we talked for a while.

I am not sure if I should have talked to him after all this, why is he contacting me now? If he wants to get back together, do you think I should give him another chance?

Thank you all for reading.

Waiting for a response.

-a girl who need your advice.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

skywatcher01 thumbnail
Well I think you should talk to him to the point now. Before, he was making excuses, not lets see what he says. Tell him directly that your parents are looking for a suitable match for you and they are not going to wait that long. And you need a strong reason, so that you can take a stand for him.,

If he start making excuses now believe me he is just playing as he need a girl to talk to thats it. It will be good for you to tell him Bye Bye if he makes excuses now.
P1nk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
the guy sounds dodgy,. hang up on him and block him. You deserve someone who respects your wishes and will give you real quality time and no excuses/ if he really loves u then u couldve at least got engaged, u guys are in ur mid 20's or late..and he still aint sure, thats retarded/

give him the cold shoulder, and if he bugs u say talk to ur parents or theres no future for us and leave me alone.
Jiannax143 thumbnail

Originally posted by: P1nk

the guy sounds dodgy,. hang up on him and block him. You deserve someone who respects your wishes and will give you real quality time and no excuses/ if he really loves u then u couldve at least got engaged, u guys are in ur mid 20's or late..and he still aint sure, thats retarded/

give him the cold shoulder, and if he bugs u say talk to ur parents or theres no future for us and leave me alone.

i couldn't have said it better myself😃
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Any advice topics are to be posted in Advice Corner even though they are related to relationships.

Topic Moved to Advice Corner from Love and Friendship Forum.
-Pinky- thumbnail
i agree with P1nk... ignore him. 7 months is a long time...if he was serious about u he would have talked to u before.

GoldenPanda. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I agree with p1nk!

You deserve better than that, he can't just come and go whenever he feel's like it! If he REALLY like's you he'd consider at least getting engaged with you.
aish_punk thumbnail
well i don't think he really likes you, why would he be scared of comittment n make excuses?..some guys have issues with marriage..but when u told him the reason he should have agreed to it..

n ur situation reminded me of Suhaana's in Sasuraal Genda Phool!..lol am not obsessed with serials but it was really similar..
MeeraXD thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
You know what you should do, if u think he is the right guy for you wait for him till you die but he should also do the same... and i think this guy is not interested in you anymore, long distance relationships arent good at all, they tend to break very easily... hook up with someone who cares for you... and who loves you... not ignores you!

If you want to take my advice, do so. If you dont want to, listen to your brain because your heart cant leave him...
MeghaSRKLover thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
hey, do upfate us on this, tell us what happened next after reading/following these advices

& i know im a bit late but i wanna share my bit 😆

i think maybe 1 or more of these:

*he didnt like u enough to want to get married
*he just doesnt like the idea of settling down
*he probably really wanted to establish himself before having a family
*he's just playing around
*he's thinking abt the "distance" part of the relationship (u in US, him in UK- how does that work thing)

i think honestly, hear him out but ultimately if u think u know this guy & know he is nt just some player being impulsive on this & really does like u then its up to u to decide whether u trust him or not