CID

A true life 'laash' (serious stuff)

visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
Sorry for deviating from CID, but an incident in my life has shaken me so much that I had to write it somewhere.

I had a friend and she had a brother who was studying for his Engineering degree. I never knew him very  well, except the occasional 'hi' and 'hello' whenever I visited her house. He always flashed his very shy smile and either retreated to his room or just went out of the house and spent time with this friend across the street when our 'gang of girls' visited their house. He was just average in studies. He was this happy-go-lucky guy who was never serious about exams and didn't take his failures to heart. He did fail a couple of papers and finally managed to complete his Engineering and get a great job. He was good at giving interviews, which proves that academic excellence and communication skills are not linked.

He even used to occasionally come to drop my friend off at college. She used to tell me that he 'enjoyed' the job as he could meet some 'good looking' girls etc etc.

My friend has now got a job in another city and we always meet when she visits my city, where her parents still live.

Now came the shock...my friend called me, to tell me that she has come to my city. I was thrilled and asked her when we are going to meet...and to my utmost shock, she told me that she had come to attend her brother's funeral!!! I just couldn't believe it. He and his friends were on a holiday in a Tata Sumo, a truck tried to overtake them from the left and hit the jeep and the jeep crashed into the road divider. The guy who was driving and my friend's brother who was behind him were on the right side of the jeep and were seriously injured.

I have seen bodies of relatives who have died a natural death. But the news of the death of a guy whom I met a few months back, happy about his new job was bit too much for me. I hadn't even seen the body...and it's not that I knew him well or anything. I just heard the whole story from my friend...how the body was soaked in blood and how he was being taken in an ambulance from one hospital to another due to various 'excuses' given by hospital authorities. And how he was finally admitted, but beyond any hope of survival.

And she also told me about the 'inconsiderate' police who were hell bent on interrogating the family members, finding out whether the guys in the car were drunk while driving etc. No one cares about the mental state of the family members.

We see these CID marathons with gory scenes of 'laashes' every day. We see mutilated faces and Salunkhe reconstructing the faces. We see deep bullet wounds on the head and Salunkhe taking it out with tongs. We see bodies cut into several pieces and Tarika matching DNA of each piece to see if it belongs to the same person.

And when all this is happening, Abhijeet flirts with Tarika and Fredricks cracks a joke about an 'aatma' and ACP makes fun of Salunkhe's hair.

I wonder how one can even smile when a dead body soaked in blood is in front of you Believe me, it's not funny at all.

I am very sorry if I have upset anyone and my apologies for boring you with a tragic story...I just wanted to share my thoughts with someone, that's all....

No complaints to the CID guys....they are doing a great job...I realise that some comedy is needed in the forensic lab. A 'realistic' scene of a laash would make CID really depressing.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

somu_05 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
AWW..!! ITS OK VISROM....!! may he R.I.P. .....!!!!! Be with your friend support her through out...!!! i Know its very difficult 2 handle such a situation..!! nd specially when you see CID you compare both the situations... even though we feel how close CID is 2 life...........we get 2 know how far it is from reality......!!!!

and please please dont apologise..!! we Are a family arent we..!! A CID family...!! nd family members are supposed 2 share everything isnt it....??

i really don't know how 2 react... i jsut feel sorry for your friend.....!!!!! Hope she gets of this trauma..!! Its a great great loss...!! She jsut has 2 MOve in..!!! and you also take care...!
sneh. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hey buddy I understand what you must be going through dont worry time heals all wounds. but after reading all this my sensible mind gave me one sane thought drinking and driving is behind all this. we out here in CID forum share so many thoughts about the episodes about new stories, jokes and much more, we similarly can join to create awareness about this topic 'Drinking and Driving' I know It cant bring your friends brother back but can definatley save others as even one persons quits drinking and driving we can actually save atleast a life. whenever you calm down jus think about it and yes you need not apologise for sharing this friends are always there to listen take care dude
shreela thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
It's truely very sad Visrom, we can understand your feelings and we can feel for your friend. please dont apologise, you  can obviously share your feelings with us. we are your friends, aren't we? Edited by shreela - 14 years ago
shipra_mn thumbnail
visrom I know what you mean real life and what we see on television is something totally different.God is there with all of us.I hope he gets well
Edited by shipra_mn - 14 years ago
insia12 thumbnail
its really sad to read this visrom..
and i truly understand your emotions..
I want to say*no offence to anyone* at the end the fact comes that CID ...is just a fiction... real life is way different and sometimes a bit scary..

iqra
teju_g thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
yesterdays episode was nice .i like the boat
AlexithyMia thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: visrom

And she also told me about the 'inconsiderate' police who were hell bent on interrogating the family members, finding out whether the guys in the car were drunk while driving etc. No one cares about the mental state of the family members.

yeah thats true that the police dont care about the mental state of the family ppl but they will HAVE to do it. or else if they keep the emotions then the case mite not b solved (though the police wont solve the case with much interest)

u no today in a newspaper i read that THE POLICE CRACKED UP A MURDER CASE. boy ws i shocked! hehe i mean ... well i cant explain. its just like that!!!

but this was a real tragic story.
hin_sa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
]We see these CID marathons with gory scenes of 'laashes' every day. We see mutilated faces and Salunkhe reconstructing the faces. We see deep bullet wounds on the head and Salunkhe taking it out with tongs. We see bodies cut into several pieces and Tarika matching DNA of each piece to see if itNo complaints to the CID guys....they are doing a great job...I realise that some comedy is needed in the forensic lab. A 'realistic'scene of a laash would make CID really depressing.

I know how u r feeling. The relatives and friends are the only ones who can bear the loss. When a doctor performs a surgery for the first time, his hand might shiver but gradually it becomes a daily routine for him. So is the case with police officers. They must have seen so many corpses in their career that they are quite immune to the emotional aspect. Certain lighter moments during investigation can only keep them going.Edited by abhijeetdaya - 14 years ago
$ara_$hachi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
that's very sad
r.i.p. that poor soul