Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 29 March 2010 at 2:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by P1nk

Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by P1nk

i didnt know God was related to karma. Oh fudge im soo behind.Pinch
He He , I am just cooking some stories sometimes.
You are also a part of God, in fact everyone and everything can claim some relationship with God.LOL

Don't cook too much because you end up frying my head up Tongue
I shall remember that, But you will not go Empty Handed.LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

P1nk

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Karma and God (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 29 March 2010 at 2:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Emptiness

Originally posted by angie.4u

Originally posted by Summer3

Lord Buddha arrived at a time when there was a lot of ritualistic prayers without much understanding or practise of Truths. One of the most important teaching was Right Understanding which basically has an unbeliveably deep meaning.
And he never spoke about God ! Makes one wonder ...doesnt it? In addition,  He is also considered to B the 9th avatar of God Vishnu !

The reason why Buddha doesn't talk about God is because it's irrelevant and useless in the path to Nirvana.  Buddha's goal was to overcome excessive desire and unsatisfactoriness in life, not to dwell on metaphysical questions that can't be answered.  He taught things that were conducive to moral living and bringing people closer to realisation.

Yes, Hindus regard him as the 9th avatara, however this is a late development.
One important thing Buddhism teaches is the following of the middle path, not going into extremes and living a balance life.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

xobile

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 6:50am | IP Logged
I saw some interest in MOTW for karma discussion thus I am bumping this thread for discussion.

There are many versions of karma: Your versions of Karma and then Karma A, Karma B, etc.

So you people believe in which theory?

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 7:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by karandel_2008

I saw some interest in MOTW for karma discussion thus I am bumping this thread for discussion.

There are many versions of karma: Your versions of Karma and then Karma A, Karma B, etc.

You do it and it is finished....thats why I believe..the action comes out of your present awareness... it is not karma,.....if it comes out of the past it is binding, it is karma...Smile

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 8:00am | IP Logged
Shocked This brings back the whole The existence of Karma/God and you know my answer to it

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 8:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Originally posted by karandel_2008

You do it and it is finished....thats why I believe..the action comes out of your present awareness... it is not karma,.....if it comes out of the past it is binding, it is karma...Smile
It is said that we are born to clear outstanding karma (good and bad karma); problem is that fresh karma is created each and every day. Another problem is that the plus points and and minus points cannot be used to cancell each other out.
But following spiritual life karma can be burnt and cancelled.
I believe the seed of karma is desire. Desire for something keeps us moving and living and wanting. Desire first arises as a thought very often.

xobile

IF-Rockerz

xobile

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 8:20am | IP Logged
Heyy Summerji! Do you remember me from Music ka Maha Muqqabla Forum? We judged IF's MkMM together!

All religions teach people that God is looking over their actions in some way. If you do bad things (what constitutes a 'bad' thing could be the topic of many debates, let's no get bogged down by all that), you will face consequences. In Abrahamic religions, the consequences are heaven or hell. In Indic religions, however, we assume that Karma operates like any other natural process. Just like there WILL be ripples in a pond if you throw in a pebble, just as a ball that goes up WILL come down, just as force causes motion, similarly our actions will produce consequences FOR OURSELVES. Just as the size of the ripple depends on the size of the pebble, so the severity/utility of the consequence depends on how good/bad your actions are. As the Soul is immortal, all our Karma will catch up with us sooner or later and produce good/bad consequences.

Buddhism has shown how this theory can work well without a concept of 'GOD'. As a Hindu I believe that God is the Ultimate Truth, and God is a constant fact, whilst Karma is a process within that phenomenon.

xobile

IF-Rockerz

xobile

Posted: 06 June 2010 at 8:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Shocked This brings back the whole The existence of Karma/God and you know my answer to it

I don't know your answer to it, Debu :( Share your answer with us!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top