Page 3 of 36

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 12 March 2010 at 8:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by clodpolish

Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

We don't know how much bad Karma we have accumulated in past lives.

Is there any way of knowing about our past lives?
Even if there is , the point lies in whether the person believes in it or not.
book of Brigu or palm leaf reading can help. Met several persons who knew their past lives.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Karma and God (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_DrEaM_

IF-Rockerz

_DrEaM_

Posted: 13 March 2010 at 1:29am | IP Logged
knowing about past life can still be possible but i just wonder how some people claim  to know about future life...i mean if our furture life depends on karma...then when this life is still going on how can you predict the future life?

Namida

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 13 March 2010 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 14 March 2010 at 4:30am | IP Logged

There is also something called past life regression therapy , not sure how true that is though . But have watched a few epi of "raaz peechle janam ka " on Tv Wink

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 14 March 2010 at 9:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

There is also something called past life regression therapy , not sure how true that is though . But have watched a few epi of "raaz peechle janam ka " on Tv Wink
Edgar Cayce used to hypnotize and analyse his subjects past lives too.
Edgar Cayce (pronounced "Kay-see") was a simple Sunday School teacher who, over the span of his lifetime (1877-1945), had more near-death experiences than anyone ever documented. Cayce learned at a young age that when he was hypnotized, he could leave his body and journey into the afterlife realms. His self-induced out-of-body experiences were identical to near-death experiences. Cayce made over 14,000 otherworldly journeys in his life and the information he gained from these journeys has astounded people all over the world.
http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen049.html

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 14 March 2010 at 10:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ''~RuWaNi~''

I used to believe in karma when I was young. These days, I have some questions about karma.

Is karma eternal?
    I believe it continues until all is forgiven or cleared.
    Karma/paap/punya is the force that lead you to hell, heaven and human life..righto?
    Karma basically determines what sort of  life we are going to have. some say Heaven and Hell are all on Earth itself and our mortal lives are like a classroom for learning and clearing.
    Will we be born again and again for eternity on earth if we do good just like according to karma?
    Doing good gives good in return but by being good we will start to be more detached and work towards liberation from birth and death.
    Like in Abrahamic religions(Islam/Christianity etc) is it important to believe in a god/s to get in to heaven or does doing "Good" enough to do the job like in Buddhism?
    I think they are both connected in some ways. By following a God, we are required to do good. By doing good, we also find God.
    In Buddhistic karma; karma equals to suffering. According to Buddhists; be it good karma or bad karma it's all suffering in the end; even the greatest ethical pleasure is suffering. Therefore why Buddhist monks are trying to eliminate pleasure/pain in life by cleansing the yearning for materialistic things by living a minimalist life; so they hope in the end they'll be free from karma and rebirth. AKA no suffering according to 'em. So is there a way to do the same in the Hindu karma or is the Hindu karma a perpetual karma?
    Buddhists say that birth is suffering, old age is suffering etc. Karma is just tit for tat. Monks live an austere and simple life for a higher purpose; of course these days some monks live like kings too. Greed and desire lead to attachment and rebirth.
      Are you only righteous or not unrighteous because you're afraid of the karmic consequences?
      This is now it starts initially I think. After a while through self sacrifice self realization emerges. Let's say karma doesn't exist and this is your only life; will you still yield to do good in the mere name of goodness?
    • There are some who keep doing good not because of karma etc. These are persons with good hearts.

Anyone wanna answer 'em?
    Just my views.

Edited by Summer3 - 14 March 2010 at 10:04pm

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 15 March 2010 at 1:55am | IP Logged

I believe a judge is there sitting inside everyonen of us... all actions, even intenstions get automatically recorded....and the concept karma, I think we are responsible for our actions and we get the responses of those actions..thats all...SmileBut I think we do lots of things without judgement too,...like...Somebody is dying, drowning in the river, and you simply jump without any thought.that time u don't think whether to save this man or nt, whether he is a Hindu or a Mohammedan, or a sinner or a saint...when you get that man out, you feel tremendous contentment, as you have never felt before. A harmony arises in you... You feel very fulfilled. Whenever something out of your nothingness happens, that momemnt our inside judge react....you feel blissful..SmileI strongly believe bliss is a function of ur nothingnessSmile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rekhab25

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 15 March 2010 at 7:20am | IP Logged
    Originally posted by Believe

I believe a judge is there sitting inside everyonen of us... all actions, even intenstions get automatically recorded....and the concept karma, I think we are responsible for our actions and we get the responses of those actions..thats all...SmileBut I think we do lots of things without judgement too,...like...Somebody is dying, drowning in the river, and you simply jump without any thought.that time u don't think whether to save this man or nt, whether he is a Hindu or a Mohammedan, or a sinner or a saint...when you get that man out, you feel tremendous contentment, as you have never felt before. A harmony arises in you... You feel very fulfilled. Whenever something out of your nothingness happens, that momemnt our inside judge react....you feel blissful..SmileI strongly believe bliss is a function of ur nothingnessSmile

Vinu ji aapne sahi kaha, ek bada Judge hain.  Wo  CID mein kam karte aur koi bhi  bach nahi saktay.LOLLOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top