Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

sugar plum

Goldie

sugar plum

Posted: 23 November 2005 at 3:33am | IP Logged
would you change your religion just because your spouse belongs to another religion...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "would you convert for your SPOUSE???" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 23 November 2005 at 10:33am | IP Logged
probably not !! If my spouse loves me back .....he won't ask me to change !!! And i don't hold religon as the most important thing in my life anyways .....so would have never married any one who felt strongly about religon !!

Rindam

Rindam

Posted: 23 November 2005 at 2:33pm | IP Logged

Good question,
My instinct would be to sock them in the face and find someone else LOL
But if indeed I loved someone so much and it meant so much to them then

Id still sock them in the face LOL

Sorry I'm feeling a lil too wicked todayLOL

Edited by Rindam - 23 November 2005 at 2:35pm

Nishani

IF-Dazzler

Nishani

Posted: 24 November 2005 at 6:48am | IP Logged
I am Hindu and my boyfriend is Tamil.....we are getting married next year (well, feverishly thinking about it anyways).

He wants me to marry him in the traditional Tamil way but after that I am gonna revert back to being Hindu....I am just being courteous. I love him too much to hurt him so I sacrificed my pride to make him a happy man. LOL

I always said I would NEVER get married to a bloke outside my religion and look what happened to me.....now I know the real meaning of NEVER SAY NEVER!

We are both not overly religious people so it does not make a difference to us. I will still practice being a Hindu but I will NEVER convert for him.....he knows that and accepts it.....for which I am very grateful. Embarrassed

It is just on the marriage day, I will do things his way. Aren't I nice? LOL

I am doing this cos I love him so and if he does not for one moment appreciate it, then I am gonna take my nephew's cricket bat and whack him upside the head! LOL It took a lot for me to settle on having a traditional Tamil wedding.

Sorry for the long epic story.....didn't mean to bore you guys with my reply! Embarrassed

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 24 November 2005 at 9:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nishani

I am Hindu and my boyfriend is Tamil.....we are getting married next year (well, feverishly thinking about it anyways).

He wants me to marry him in the traditional Tamil way but after that I am gonna revert back to being Hindu....I am just being courteous. I love him too much to hurt him so I sacrificed my pride to make him a happy man. LOL

I always said I would NEVER get married to a bloke outside my religion and look what happened to me.....now I know the real meaning of NEVER SAY NEVER!

We are both not overly religious people so it does not make a difference to us. I will still practice being a Hindu but I will NEVER convert for him.....he knows that and accepts it.....for which I am very grateful. Embarrassed

It is just on the marriage day, I will do things his way. Aren't I nice? LOL

I am doing this cos I love him so and if he does not for one moment appreciate it, then I am gonna take my nephew's cricket bat and whack him upside the head! LOL It took a lot for me to settle on having a traditional Tamil wedding.

Sorry for the long epic story.....didn't mean to bore you guys with my reply! Embarrassed

But Nishani , Tamilians are hindu too  !!! Infact strict Hindu's mostly .And you can't convert to Tamilianisn , as there isn't such religon ......unless he's a Tamilian Christian .......then you are talking about converting to Christainity not Tamilianism( since as far as i know there isn't a word as Tamilinism....since thats not a religon....but should i say a caste)

And the Tamilian wedding will be done in a hindu style .....just different bunch of rituals . You could always learn to speak Tamil , cook , understand how to do pooja's and do both . I am half Sikh - half Bong( Hindu)......married to a Bong .My parents were more hindu than benagalis( meaning didn't do anything bengalis do) But I learnt the customs my in - laws have (Bengali customs) once i married and i practise them too . You will remain a hindu even after you learn Tamil etc !

!Smile Nice to hear about your relationship !! All the best sweetie !!Tongue

Edited by indygirl - 24 November 2005 at 9:43am

Nishani

IF-Dazzler

Nishani

Posted: 25 November 2005 at 4:09am | IP Logged
But here in South Africa, Tamil and Hindus are not like what it is in India.....things b/w us are segregated here.

#1 angel

Groupbie

#1 angel

Posted: 25 November 2005 at 9:31am | IP Logged
i would not convert for anyone. they should accept me for who i am.

hazelgirl

IF-Rockerz

hazelgirl

Posted: 25 November 2005 at 9:49am | IP Logged
no..i wnt Tongue Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top