Chat Clubs

The Reading Group-Invites ONLY- 2 |p.75, 144| (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 150

immunoblot

IF-Rockerz

immunoblot

Posted: 12 March 2010 at 9:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Veritas

Originally posted by -Aladin-

Italy is another place I'd want to visit, but there are so many stories of pick pocketers there.  Even the hotel rooms are supposedly not safe.  Ouch

Oh man ,I am learning new things from you guys.
Note to self:keep purse safe when visiting Italy
.Tongue

I said that once to an Italian friend, only to be reminded about how unsafe India is for foreigners...
What would you guys say to that?? Would you recommend a foreigner to take a vacation in hamara Bharat mahaan?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aladin-Incognit0

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Reading Group-Invites ONLY- 2 |p.75, 144| (Page 7)" in Chat Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

immunoblot

IF-Rockerz

immunoblot

Posted: 12 March 2010 at 9:09am | IP Logged

LOL  Well, I've heard so many stories.

One of my aunts went to visit, and she was extremely cautious.  She held on to her handbag but at the end of one of her visits, all she had was the handle.  The thieves were smarter and they cut the purse, apparently.  LOLLOL  Luckily, my uncle had held onto passports.  Apparently, they even cut out the pockets of your pants. 

Still, I guess it'll be worth a visit, from what I have seen in the pictures.  EmbarrassedBig smileBig smile

Germany is nice... in fact much nicer for foreigners than Italy or France... Star

-Aladin-Incognit0

-Aladin-

IF-Dazzler

-Aladin-

Posted: 12 March 2010 at 9:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by immunoblot

Italy is another place I'd want to visit, but there are so many stories of pick pocketers there.  Even the hotel rooms are supposedly not safe.  Ouch

Oh man ,I am learning new things from you guys.
Note to self:keep purse safe when visiting Italy
.Tongue

I said that once to an Italian friend, only to be reminded about how unsafe India is for foreigners...
What would you guys say to that?? Would you recommend a foreigner to take a vacation in hamara Bharat mahaan?

Just as these things won't deter me from visiting either Italy or France, I don't think it should deter them either.  Afterall, all societies have their good and bad, don't they.

India is soooo beautiful and there are so many places that are such a haven for the tourists.  It'll be their own loss. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

VeritasIncognit0immunoblot

-Aladin-

IF-Dazzler

-Aladin-

Posted: 12 March 2010 at 9:12am | IP Logged

One of my aunts went to visit, and she was extremely cautious.  She held on to her handbag but at the end of one of her visits, all she had was the handle.  The thieves were smarter and they cut the purse, apparently.  LOLLOL  Luckily, my uncle had held onto passports.  Apparently, they even cut out the pockets of your pants. 

Still, I guess it'll be worth a visit, from what I have seen in the pictures.  EmbarrassedBig smileBig smile

Germany is nice... in fact much nicer for foreigners than Italy or France... Star

Mohit ji, you are too good at 'influencing'.  WinkBig smile

I would still visit France and Italy first.  Next on my list is Switzerland.  I also want to go to Alaska, Morocco, Greece, and Egypt.  I've to look up Germany.  Somehow, it never ended up on my list.  EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Incognit0immunoblot

Incognit0

IF-Dazzler

Incognit0

Posted: 12 March 2010 at 9:14am | IP Logged

I don't know about that,don't we elevate religion above everything else .
again it differs from person to person.
I think somehow prejudice is ingrained within us.We are trained from childhood..and we learn by noticing things around us...we just don't know better.It is like a reflex action.
So it has to be unlearned like everything else.
Black neighborhoods are supposedly "unsafe" in the US.
Does that mean I look with suspicion at  all African Americans..no.
But I wouldn't  live in those neighborhoods either

I lived in semi-AA neighborhood for almost nine months but there were other students living there too and they had cars. They thought I was very beautiful and complimented me (coz I am olive skinned, racism again) frequently Tongue when I walked to my school or home. Well that doesn't make me less scared of them but I am happy they were polite to me never tried to mug. One guy even carried my bicycle home when something happened and the wheel got jammed.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aladin-RainbowWarriorVeritasimmunoblot

Incognit0

IF-Dazzler

Incognit0

Posted: 12 March 2010 at 9:19am | IP Logged

Mohit ji, you are too good at 'influencing'.  WinkBig smile

I would still visit France and Italy first.  Next on my list is Switzerland.  I also want to go to Alaska, Morocco, Greece, and Egypt.  I've to look up Germany.  Somehow, it never ended up on my list.  EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Aww... Those are my places of interest too... Along with Tahiti, Cuba and Trinidad....

-Aladin-immunoblot

-Aladin-

IF-Dazzler

-Aladin-

Posted: 12 March 2010 at 9:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nitz17

I don't know about that,don't we elevate religion above everything else .
again it differs from person to person.
I think somehow prejudice is ingrained within us.We are trained from childhood..and we learn by noticing things around us...we just don't know better.It is like a reflex action.
So it has to be unlearned like everything else.
Black neighborhoods are supposedly "unsafe" in the US.
Does that mean I look with suspicion at  all African Americans..no.
But I wouldn't  live in those neighborhoods either

I lived in semi-AA neighborhood for almost nine months but there were other students living there too and they had cars. They thought I was very beautiful and complimented me (coz I am olive skinned, racism again) frequently Tongue when I walked to my school or home. Well that doesn't make me less scared of them but I am happy they were polite to me never tried to mug. One guy even carried my bicycle home when something happened and the wheel got jammed.

That's soo sweet.  See, desis are really helpful too, as compared to the white folks (again racism).  LOLLOL

Once our car got stuck in the snow, and several people walked by.  In the end, it was two desis who came to help us.  However, I have been helped by many white folks too, but you see how the prejudice works.  It's soo deeply ingrained in us, that I still have these conclusions in my mind.  EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RainbowWarriorIncognit0immunoblot

immunoblot

IF-Rockerz

immunoblot

Posted: 12 March 2010 at 9:37am | IP Logged

Originally posted by nitz17

That's soo sweet.  See, desis are really helpful too, as compared to the white folks (again racism).  LOLLOL

Once our car got stuck in the snow, and several people walked by.  In the end, it was two desis who came to help us.  However, I have been helped by many white folks too, but you see how the prejudice works.  It's soo deeply ingrained in us, that I still have these conclusions in my mind.  EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

I think, she meant an AA guy who helped her... The desis in DE are snootier than the French could be...
Two/three weeks ago, I had my holiday and was so bored that I decided to clean the pebbles from the sidewalks to kill the time... and while everybody who passed by gave beamed pleasantly at me, the desis were simply obnoxious...
There was one older guy, perhaps the father of another student, who commented to his daughter(?): yahaan aakar yeh log sadakon par jhaadu lagaane ko bhi taiyyar hain... I wanted to say something really rude to them, but by the time I could think up a suitable come-back line, they were already gone quite some distance away...

This only reminded me that such people are even worse than the assorted xenophboes we might see in the countries that we live in... they hate even their own kind... Ouch

Edited by immunoblot - 14 March 2010 at 4:35am

RainbowWarrior-Aladin-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top