Chat Clubs

The Reading Group-Invites ONLY- 2 |p.75, 144| (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 150

immunoblot

IF-Rockerz

immunoblot

Posted: 12 March 2010 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Veritas

About  the Sydney  comment..It says something about the political climate prevalent in Britain..They do try very hard not to offend.

I agree with what you say about Martin...

But this thing about the British trying hard to not offend, and openly confront... is this a good sign? Should desis also try to emulate that?? Will we become better people, or will it lessen our stature in society if we stop excluding/demeaning people??

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aladin-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Reading Group-Invites ONLY- 2 |p.75, 144| (Page 5)" in Chat Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Aladin-

IF-Dazzler

-Aladin-

Posted: 12 March 2010 at 8:38am | IP Logged
"The divide of race has been America's constant curse. Each new wave of immigrants gives new targets to old prejudices. Prejudice and contempt, cloaked in the pretense of religious or political conviction, are no different. They have nearly destroyed us in the past. They plague us still. They fuel the fanaticism of terror. They torment the lives of millions in fractured nations around the world. These obsessions cripple both those who are hated and, of course, those who hate, robbing both of what they might become."  Bill Clinton

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RainbowWarriorimmunoblot

immunoblot

IF-Rockerz

immunoblot

Posted: 12 March 2010 at 8:40am | IP Logged

Originally posted by -Aladin-

Well, I have not been to France, but I have been to Quebec, Canada.  The french would give you such looks, specially if you are dressed in desi attire.  Even though, many of them are familiar with English language, they would not give you directions when you ask them, because apparently, conversing in English is 'offensive'.  Ouch

HAHA the French are notorious for being rude.
But I thought that was only  in France Confused.
Considering the one in Canada are immigrants  themselves ..that sort of behavior is a little rich.

Ekta and I were talking about French snootiness over scraps, and here is what I wrote to her:
Uff... You have to see the brand in Paris then... They're even snootier. You'd think that that is a physical impossibility; but you'll realize that the outer limits of snootiness are rather infinite in comparison to your expectations, once you've been to Paris... I'm telling ya...

Veritas-Aladin-

-Aladin-

IF-Dazzler

-Aladin-

Posted: 12 March 2010 at 8:42am | IP Logged

HAHA the French are notorious for being rude.
But I thought that was only  in France Confused.
Considering the one in Canada are immigrants  themselves ..that sort of behavior is a little rich.

Yeah, it was quite an interesting trip.  However, the city is beautiful.  I wouldn't mind going again.  EmbarrassedBig smileBig smile  As far as rudeness goes, I normally ignore such things.  It's best not to let it effect you, because there are some wonderful French people too, however, because of others, they also end up getting painted with the same brush.

That's the thing about prejudices, though, isn't it.  We tend to loose the individuality and judge people.  Even I do that.  Ouch

Veritasimmunoblot

-Aladin-

IF-Dazzler

-Aladin-

Posted: 12 March 2010 at 8:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by immunoblot

[QUOTE=Veritas]
Ekta and I were talking about French snootiness over scraps, and here is what I wrote to her:
Uff... You have to see the brand in Paris then... They're even snootier. You'd think that that is a physical impossibility; but you'll realize that the outer limits of snootiness are rather infinite in comparison to your expectations, once you've been to Paris... I'm telling ya...

Ah, what I wouldn't give to go to Paris.  One day, though.  Though the French are notorious, that still doesn't deter me from wanting to visit.  Embarrassed

Veritasimmunoblot

immunoblot

IF-Rockerz

immunoblot

Posted: 12 March 2010 at 8:47am | IP Logged

Ah, what I wouldn't give to go to Paris.  One day, though.  Though the French are notorious, that still doesn't deter me from wanting to visit.  Embarrassed

You are supposed to say "Bonjour!" to them, and if you don't do it right, they laugh at you on your face! Batao, still eager??LOLLOLLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aladin-

-Aladin-

IF-Dazzler

-Aladin-

Posted: 12 March 2010 at 8:47am | IP Logged

Smita ji had different suggestions for the awards yesterday... So, while we  fresh, let us also come up with innovative reader awards for this book/thread.
We already have: The most lovable personality. Other suggestions are welcome...

Yes, I saw that.  Which reminds me, did you count my votes too?

Something that also crossed my mind (and I'm not emulating Ishan ji here), when you are copying links, just press enter, so that the whole link appears (it would be underlined).  Easier to click the link, than copying and pasting it.  EmbarrassedEmbarrassed Gosh, I sound like such a compulsive impulsive person.  LOLLOL

RainbowWarriorimmunoblot

-Aladin-

IF-Dazzler

-Aladin-

Posted: 12 March 2010 at 8:48am | IP Logged

You are supposed to say "Bonjour!" to them, and if you don't do it right, they laugh at you on your face! Batao, still eager??LOLLOLLOL

Yep.  Didn't you read my first post.  I wasn't just copying and pasting Harry Potter when I said, 'criticism always bounces off of me'.  LOLLOLLOL

I have a very thick skin.  I'd give them a few gaalis in Hindi.  WinkLOLLOLLOLLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RainbowWarriorVeritasimmunoblot

Post Reply New Post

Go to top