Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

lavy

Goldie

lavy

Posted: 10 March 2010 at 2:46am | IP Logged
I know most of us have many complaints about this serial..I have too. Too much of radhika on Screen, melodrama et al. I agree to all of that..But One thing which stuck me in this serial and other radhika serials is her bravery and spunk.

In the TV serial world of Doormat daughters and DILs ( even in so called progressive hindi serials) where daughters are bred to become DILs and DILs are shown to be doormats who will have to put up with bull shit from husbands and ILs, its a pleasant surprise and a welcome change to see Radhika propogating standing up for yourself and not taking any anything which she does not deserve from anyone...be it her husband. She does not show women as spineless creatures who always must cry and do regular sacrifices and take the insults of ILs timidly. Well... I just hope other serials follow suit and do not show women as docile creatures.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaanareinp@raskittykrishnassmily_faceMeena.IFMP_Radha

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Radhika Spunk" in Chellameh forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

p@ras

p@ras

Posted: 11 March 2010 at 7:31pm | IP Logged
yes that is one thing I love in her shows though it is full of herself Angry and she shows all other characters as villainy...but I love the positivity she gives it to the story and how she stands strong

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cherrypinkkittykrishnaMeena.IF

Meena.IF

IF-Dazzler

Meena.IF

Posted: 11 March 2010 at 10:14pm | IP Logged
Its really great on Radhika, that she stands for herself in serials and also in life.. She has everything to make up to a creative head, continously producing serials that everything being watched.. She is in a way addin gproud and colors to women's life...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kittykrishna

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 12 March 2010 at 9:00am | IP Logged
I am sorry, but I do not agree. Except for Chitty, all of Radhika's serials have been massive, and I mean massive letdowns. Annamalai, Selvi, Arasi - they were serials for Radhika, by Radhika, about Radhika. Every other woman were wicked, psychotic, jealous, malicious, obnoxious, gossip mongers. Radhika's characters are always sacrificing, blindly loyal and Miss Perfect. In fact, I consider her the biggest letdown for women. With her maturity, intelligence and talents, she could have delivered powerful messages. However, her messages range from it's ok to be a second wife, it's ok for married women to go after married men or women to go after married men, you can kill someone and get away with it and so on.  Arasi was another major disappointment. I had such high hopes for that, and turned out that Arasi was not a lioness but a toothless tiger.

You know who did a better job? Kushboo in Kalki.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Rishi87usha_poojaCarynsrima

brinny_g

IF-Dazzler

brinny_g

Posted: 12 March 2010 at 3:25pm | IP Logged
I agree with Karthikka.
I must have ranted about Radhika lots throughout Selvi and Arasi, in IF. But I really can't stand the way she puts on this front of feminism, yet all her serials have women characters that are all either annoyingly weak or intolerably evil! Except for her character of course who is always perfect in every way.
I've also noticed how every main character turns bad at least at one point during the serial, then they all come moping back to her at then end. I was extremely disappointed with Arasi - there were some seriously heart warming scenes between mother and daughter in some parts, but none of it was shown at the end. (Her acting is amazing though, got to give it to her) GJ got away with everything. Arasi's relationship with her husband was one of the best things in the serial, but he got killed off....I could go on!
I'm finding Chellame okay to watch though - maybe because it's not a Radaan serial (I think?)....but even here, it has shown almost every character as cold and evil. I think Raadhika has found her niche and will stick to it, unfortunately.

Edited by brinny_g - 12 March 2010 at 3:26pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Carynsrima

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 14 March 2010 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
@Brins - Chellame is by Raadhan and she is the "creatives of head"LOL

@Lavy - welcome to Chellame section, havent seen u around hereEmbarrassed

Nice discussion going on guys. each and one of yoy have pointed out my mixed POV so I dont have any comments about radhika and her showsTongue 

Just one thing, compared to other naive main characters like Ganga, Abhi, Thulasi, nandhini, kasturi etc..she stands up aka her role instead of being naive and doormateConfused But in chellame, it was obivious from first epi...everyone will turn their back on her at some pointWink

Edited by meli - 14 March 2010 at 9:17pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

minikidy

kittykrishna

kittykrishna

Posted: 20 March 2010 at 1:51am | IP Logged
@karthika.          

What else story u need ? All the family should be happy without jealousy. Then where does the story come from???????????????????
She shows Men and women are equal and should be given equal importance. For instance, u can take Sivakumars character in Chitti and Annamalai.

@brinny.

U dont know even from which production house chellamey is coming daily and ur talking about Radhika. Very very very very funny...................................................

ROFLROFL
ROFLROFL
ROFLROFL

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 20 March 2010 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kittykrishna

@brinny.

U dont know even from which production house chellamey is coming daily and ur talking about Radhika. Very very very very funny...................................................

ROFLROFL
ROFLROFL
ROFLROFL

Krisha, lets not get into personal here cause of a fictional tv showWink  Many of us only watch it online, where the title song, who acts along with the name of production company is been  edited outSmile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kittykrishnaRishi87MP_Radha

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.