Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam
Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam

India-Forums

Is image of Prithvi overpowering Abeer ?

SeverusSnape Newbie
SeverusSnape
SeverusSnape

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 5:46am | IP Logged
We all know that many people here are not approving of Abeer's deeds in YPNHK  like the immature guy or his drunken thing over refusal of a girl for his love.  Also Abeer functions from his heart without thinking of any repercussions of his deeds .

Now is this dissappointment over Abeer , whether his deeds or drinking thing is because that he is compared with Prithvi Saxena from LNMDJ who was a sensible strong minded character who was immensely popular . Whether every deed of Abeer is compared with Prithvi ?

Now we must ponder that Abeer is different from Prithvi . While Prithvi was sensible and strong minded ,Abeer is quite emotional and rash . Now whether image of Prithvi is stopping LNMDJ  / Prithvi fans enjoying YPNHK or Abeer's character because many expect him doing a Prithvi ,though Abeer's character is quite different from him is a matter to ponder ? What's your take on it ?

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

TinkJiakripsyAraamNooriiSid4SidneyRonMione4everluv07pridatvrasikasurakshitaEksie

Ankita_88 IF-Rockerz
Ankita_88
Ankita_88

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 5:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SeverusSnape

We all know that many people here are not approving of Abeer's deeds in YPNHK  like the immature guy or his drunken thing over refusal of a girl for his love.  Also Abeer functions from his heart without thinking of any repercussions of his deeds .

Now is this dissappointment over Abeer , whether his deeds or drinking thing is because that he is compared with Prithvi Saxena from LNMDJ who was a sensible strong minded character who was immensely popular . Whether every deed of Abeer is compared with Prithvi ?

Now we must ponder that Abeer is different from Prithvi . While Prithvi was sensible and strong minded ,Abeer is quite emotional and rash . Now whether image of Prithvi is stopping LNMDJ  / Prithvi fans enjoying YPNHK or Abeer's character because many expect him doing a Prithvi ,though Abeer's character is quite different from him is a matter to ponder ? What's your take on it ?

no its not true in my case....because prithvi is totally different from abeer...but i really luved prithvi more than his any role but ya of course shrman wadhwa was a gem but when it cums to abeer , i m njoying just because of GK because only GK can prtray two different roles equally.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

SeverusSnapeSid4SidneyNooriikimpan.bohemian.PremKiDeewanirahmona_paksweEksie

Eksie IF-Stunnerz
Eksie
Eksie

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 6:00am | IP Logged
Nope .. I don't think Prithvi is overpowering Abeer in any sense. Mainly coz I don't see many LNMDJ/Prithvi fans here in the YPNHK .. barring a few. Abeer & YPNHK have got an entirely different fanbase ..

I have been a Prithvi/LNMDJ fan .. and I equally LOVE Abeer/YPNHK. I see both characters from 2 different perspectives ... Abeer is nothing like Prithvi .. and Prithvi was nothing like Abeer is! The name Gaurav Khanna is the only constant amongst both .. rest everything is as different as chalk & cheese!

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

SeverusSnapeSid4SidneyAraamNooriikimpanclarstvrasikasam.desigirl_18Ankita_88

Ankita_88 IF-Rockerz
Ankita_88
Ankita_88

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 6:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ektaj

Nope .. I don't think Prithvi is overpowering Abeer in any sense. Mainly coz I don't see many LNMDJ/Prithvi fans here in the YPNHK .. barring a few. Abeer & YPNHK have got an entirely different fanbase ..

I have been a Prithvi/LNMDJ fan .. and I equally LOVE Abeer/YPNHK. I see both characters from 2 different perspectives ... Abeer is nothing like Prithvi .. and Prithvi was nothing like Abeer is! The name Gaurav Khanna is the only constant amongst both .. rest everything is as different as chalk & cheese!

didi absolutely true.i luv u for this.me and sameera and sum others are in both thiese forum.normally we r gkholic and its because of GK we luv both the show.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Eksie

.bohemian. Goldie
.bohemian.
.bohemian.

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 6:24am | IP Logged
I don't think so. The two characters are completely different. Personally, I am voicing my disappoinment w.r.t to Devdas act in regard to the premise of the story.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SeverusSnape

sam. IF-Rockerz
sam.
sam.

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 6:36am | IP Logged
Nope i dont think its a case of prithvi overpowering abeer,like Eks and jhinki i am a fan of both prithvi and abeer and i dont expect abeer to act like prithvi at all.My disliking yesterday's devdas act generally is my personal dislike of a guy going out and getting drunk because he is disappointed in love.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

SeverusSnapeNooriiAraam.bohemian.tvrasikaEksie

kimpan Goldie
kimpan
kimpan

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 6:41am | IP Logged
I definitely do not think Abeer is being overshadowed by Prithvi. I have watched parts of LNMDJ and really liked  Prithvi, though he is mature he had his own flaws.
I would say GK has an opportunity to exploit  his histrionics even more as Abeer given the multiple shades to Abeer's character.
Prithvi was kinda monotonous (apologies to Prithvi fans)...because he had a serious  persona, where GK did not have much scope to experiment. Though enacting Prithvi in itself is a great achievement for GK given his off-screen personality.
With  multi- faceted Abeer we are fortunate to enjoy the diverse acting skills of GK. The fact that Abeer was adored until a few days back and now being hated because of a 'Devdas' act explains it all....GK is the bestClap

Edited by kimpan - 09 March 2010 at 7:36am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

SeverusSnapeNoorii.bohemian.clarstvrasikaEksieAreYaar

tvrasika IF-Rockerz
tvrasika
tvrasika

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 7:26am | IP Logged

I did not watch LNMDJ. I caught up on videos online only after watching YPNHK, because I wanted to understand GK's body of work.  So I cannot call myself a Prithvi fan.

My problem with the Devdas act is just that I do not approve of drinking alcohol, by male or female, of any age, because of rejection of romantic love. It shows that person as weak. Love is a strong emotion, and only dilwale should get into it. If you can't deal with probelms, don't fall in love! 

Btw, this applies to both Abeer and Leher. Leher is driving me up the wall by her constant crying!Angry

Like Kim, I also feel, with due apology to Prithvi fans, that the role of Abeer offers GK more potential to showcase his skills as an actor. Prithvi was great in the looks deptEmbarrassed but not much variation in dialogue delivery or drama. I have watched all of GK's past work (except Ardhangini) and feel that Abeer is his most challenging character till date. And he has done himself full credit by doing a very convincing act.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

SeverusSnapeNoorii.bohemian.kimpanclarsEksieAreYaar

Go to top