CID

CID CLASSIC CASES - Kabhi Purana Mostly New (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 42

prabha.

IF-Rockerz

prabha.

Posted: 10 March 2010 at 5:40am | IP Logged
Case running right now - KISSA ANJAAN AAWAZON KA

I saw Sudhakar in the first screen. He introduced himself as "Sub Inspector Bhonsale". Now I wonder if he was SI Sudhakar Bhonsale, or this inspector is someone else.

In this case he introduced himself as being from "CID Crime Branch" but did not give his name.

Later he was referred to as CID Inspector and not ACP.

Edited by prabhanarayan - 10 March 2010 at 6:25am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "CID CLASSIC CASES - Kabhi Purana Mostly New (Page 8)" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 10 March 2010 at 6:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by prabhanarayan

Originally posted by wanderer

Satam's name seems to be something different.

I think his name was Srikant Patkar during the episodes they fillmed in 1994. Wonder when he became Pradyuman. BUT I was waiting for him to be called by some name, but no one adressed him with any name as far as I can remember. Nor did he give his introduction. He was not addressed as ACP either. he was called INSPECTOR SAAB. Even when he was scolding his junior he said "Darte Ho To Police Ki Naukari Kyon Karte Ho", he did not say CID.  

Did you hear him beaing called by a name? If yest when, where, I will go back to the case and check.

Also did you see how everyone was dressed in suits like ACP. THe First CID team was full of Uncles. I am so glad Daya Sir came in as young blood in the team.

This is why I was wondering whether the 1995 date on that (albeit fake) ID was totally random or did they put the date there to indicate that Pradyuman was promoted to ACP in 1995 after these early episodes. At least in my mind that's how I'd link these episodes with the later ones. LOL Maybe it'll make sense in the episode where Viren enters because I remember they were discussing about forming a team or unit and everything and Pradyuman was clearly an ACP at that time. Most likely that was the first case actually filmed under Sony.

To be absolutely fair, Daya wasn't the first young officer. Other young officers would appear and disappear back then without explanation. LOL But yes, Daya was indeed a refreshing change and I'm glad he didn't vanish like those other people.

Edited by Kal El - 10 March 2010 at 6:36am

prabha.

IF-Rockerz

prabha.

Posted: 10 March 2010 at 6:45am | IP Logged
I get a feeling that earlier CID was mainly about Satam Sir's Intelligence. He was the leader and people around would keep changing, keep changing with every case. Later it became a show about the Team and sort of everyone started to shine and get noticed and those who did not quit since then rule our hearts today.

Now as per Singh Saab, he shot 6 Episodes, i.e. 3 Cases before Sony took CID. So logically those 6 Episodes are over, now with this 3rd case that just got over. The episode you mention about forming a team etc with Viren stepping in should logically be the 7th episode, i.e. the 4th case which should be aired in CID Classic 10:00 PM today. I am really looking forward to 10:00 PM.

Edited by prabhanarayan - 10 March 2010 at 6:46am

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 10 March 2010 at 7:19am | IP Logged
Earlier Singh Saab made Ek Shoonya Shoonya with Shivaji Satam. Maybe when he decided to make this show, he initially followed the format of Ek Shoonya Ek Shoonya with the focus being entirely on Shivaji and later it was decided to bring in Ashutosh and change the format. Ultimately they settled on an ensemble cast.

Edited by Kal El - 10 March 2010 at 7:19am

prabha.

IF-Rockerz

prabha.

Posted: 10 March 2010 at 7:30am | IP Logged
Ek Shoonya Shoonya was mainly about 3 member team as far as I remember. Its sad that I don't know the name of the other two members of the team. One of them was dark and talk guy plays Villan in movies, he was in Sarkar, the one who was the corrupt chief minister. The other member I have hear has become a director in Marathi films.

May be when Sony too over and 4 years had already passed since 1994, the CID Series concept must have undergone a series of changes. They must have decided to make it a series about an Investigating team rather than an individual.

But the way in today's case they sort of showed criminals undergoing third degree treatment to get the truth out on them. They did not have the magical slap way back then Big smile

Edited by prabhanarayan - 10 March 2010 at 7:30am

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 10 March 2010 at 7:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kal El

I think his name was Srikant Patkar during the episodes they fillmed in 1994. Wonder when he became Pradyuman. BUT I was waiting for him to be called by some name, but no one adressed him with any name as far as I can remember. Nor did he give his introduction. He was not addressed as ACP either. he was called INSPECTOR SAAB. Even when he was scolding his junior he said "Darte Ho To Police Ki Naukari Kyon Karte Ho", he did not say CID.  

Did you hear him beaing called by a name? If yest when, where, I will go back to the case and check.

Also did you see how everyone was dressed in suits like ACP. THe First CID team was full of Uncles. I am so glad Daya Sir came in as young blood in the team.

This is why I was wondering whether the 1995 date on that (albeit fake) ID was totally random or did they put the date there to indicate that Pradyuman was promoted to ACP in 1995 after these early episodes. At least in my mind that's how I'd link these episodes with the later ones. LOL Maybe it'll make sense in the episode where Viren enters because I remember they were discussing about forming a team or unit and everything and Pradyuman was clearly an ACP at that time. Most likely that was the first case actually filmed under Sony.

To be absolutely fair, Daya wasn't the first young officer. Other young officers would appear and disappear back then without explanation. LOL But yes, Daya was indeed a refreshing change and I'm glad he didn't vanish like those other people.

It might not make sense at all. When they started in 1994, they might have not had this idea of Shivaji as ACP and having 3-4 people under him.

They started with some trial episodes and after that got a clear picture.

About other officers disappearing...maybe they didn't fit perfectly with the story. For eg. Jayanth wasn't good at all. He was a bit too dull.

Once Abhijeet came in, the cast became more fixed. They got the right 'combination' of Daya and Abhijeet. That's why I remember Daya used to appear in some episodes and then just disappear for a few episodes until Abhijeet came in and became a fixed member. I think Abhijeet's entry was the turning point for CID. Had he not been there, I don't think the show would have lasted so long.

The 'chemistry' between the actors is very important for a show like CID.

And about Michael becoming Fredricks, I think as the show proceeded, they wanted a more permanent team and someone to be a funny guy. They probably didn't suddenly want Michael acting funny as he was somewhat more serious. And since Dinesh Phadnis might have had a good relationship with B P Singh, he wanted to hang on with CID and not disappear. So they gave him a moustache and changed him from Michael to Fredricks. Just my guess...

Edited by visrom - 10 March 2010 at 8:01am

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 10 March 2010 at 8:37am | IP Logged
I see. I don't remember much about Ek Shoonya Ek Shoonya. Yeah, Sony and B. P. Singh were clearly experimenting with the format of the show for quite a while. It took them over a year to get the right formula.

Originally posted by visrom

Originally posted by Kal El

It might not make sense at all. When they started in 1994, they might have not had this idea of Shivaji as ACP and having 3-4 people under him.

They started with some trial episodes and after that got a clear picture.

About other officers disappearing...maybe they didn't fit perfectly with the story. For eg. Jayanth wasn't good at all. He was a bit too dull.

Once Abhijeet came in, the cast became more fixed. They got the right 'combination' of Daya and Abhijeet. That's why I remember Daya used to appear in some episodes and then just disappear for a few episodes until Abhijeet came in and became a fixed member. I think Abhijeet's entry was the turning point for CID. Had he not been there, I don't think the show would have lasted so long.

The 'chemistry' between the actors is very important for a show like CID.

And about Michael becoming Fredricks, I think as the show proceeded, they wanted a more permanent team and someone to be a funny guy. They probably didn't suddenly want Michael acting funny as he was somewhat more serious. And since Dinesh Phadnis might have had a good relationship with B P Singh, he wanted to hang on with CID and not disappear. So they gave him a moustache and changed him from Michael to Fredricks. Just my guess...

I think you misunderstood. I didn't say that they planned ahead with Shivaji's character becoming an ACP with a team under him and everything. I'd say they didn't start with that idea at all. The initial concept was likely just a one-man show starring Shivaji and later they started experimenting with an ensemble cast.

What I meant was that when they were making The Case of the 639 Coins they may have deliberately put that 1995 date to retroactively work the first few ("trial" as you put it) cases into continuity. It seems all these early cases were filmed before 1995 and obviously the series proper went into production some years later. It may have been a little Easter Egg. At least that's how I'd like to think of it. It would work well if Shivaji's character was only referred to as Inspector occasionally and never as ACP in these early episodes.

And yes they were experimenting a lot with the other officers. It took them a while to find the right people plus some actors may have even left because they had other shows (some of them I remember used to appear on other shows on Zee and/or Sony while others were unknowns). I'm glad they finally settled on Asha, Daya, etc.

IMO the cast had actually stabilized towards the end of Viren's run with Pradyuman, Viren, Daya, Asha, Fredericks and Sudhakar. Ashutosh's sudden departure in order to make Lagaan made things uncertain again and things didn't go back on track until Abhijeet's entry.

I disagree that Michael was changed to Fredericks because they wanted him to be the funny guy. Fredericks didn't really become the "joker of the team" until much MUCH later. I dunno why they changed both his name and rank but I doubt that was the reason.

Edited by Kal El - 10 March 2010 at 9:22am

prabha.

IF-Rockerz

prabha.

Posted: 10 March 2010 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Viren has suddenly came with ACP and investigations have started. No case title yet. This one is newer than the previous 3 case. ACP Sir looks a little older in this. Seems like the team is already set.

Arre yaar I want the case title.

Edited by prabhanarayan - 10 March 2010 at 9:38am

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

CID Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.