CID CLASSIC CASES - Kabhi Purana Mostly New - Page 6

Posted: 14 years ago
For those who can recall. Did Daya Sir's "THE CASE OF THE MISSING BULLET" come before or after Adi Sir's Paresh act in "THE CASE OF THE STOLEN GUN"? I am trying to gauge when its likely to air.Edited by prabhanarayan - 14 years ago
Originally posted by prabhanarayan

For those who can recall. Did Daya Sir's "THE CASE OF THE MISSING BULLET" come before or after Adi Sir's Paresh act in "THE CASE OF THE STOLEN GUN"? I am trying to gauge when its likely to air.

As far as my memory goes, Missing bullet is before Stolen Gun.
There is a 1% chance that I could be wrong.

And if anyone can vaguely recollect, did Daya Sir enter after 15 Episodes (ie about 7 cases) or 15 Cases (ie about 30 episodes)? And approximately how long was it after he entered did they show MISSING BULLET?

Edited by prabhanarayan - 14 years ago

And if anyone can vaguely recollect, did Daya Sir enter after 15 Episodes (ie about 7 cases) or 15 Cases (ie about 30 episodes)? And approximately how long was it after he entered did they show MISSING BULLET?

I remember there were 2 tall and hefty guys(one was Daya) and the other guy had a moustache as far as my memory goes. At that time Daya was not given much importance. He was like our present Vivek. The other hefty guy used to hog the limelight.

I think he entered after 15 cases...Ashutosh probably entered before him.

(Sorry, I could be wrong, I didn't put  in so much effort to remember at that time; we never knew that this serial was going to continue for 13 years, did we??? 😊)

When missing bullet was shown I was actually surprised that this guy is suddenly the focus of the episode...just think what would we think if we see an episode focussed on Vivek now?

Even after that episode it used to be all Viren only...Daya used to be on and off. Daya became a regular only after Abhijeet entered.

Edited by visrom - 14 years ago
Originally posted by visrom

As far as my memory goes, Missing bullet is before Stolen Gun.
There is a 1% chance that I could be wrong.

I am racking my brains now....I started watching CID regularly only after Missing Bullet...and I don't recollect having seen Stolen Gun at that time. I saw it for the first time from your collection.

Stolen gun could have been before missing bullet or it could be that I used to watch CID only for Daya those days and the episodes which didn't have Daya didn't register in my mind, even if it is after missing bullet.

Then there is this CID files...I used to watch those too...so I might have seen the cyanide on paper episode in CID files and not in 1998 during its first telecast.

I am damn sure I saw Missing bullet during the first telecast, because it was in two episodes and I was in tension for a whole week to see what happened to Daya.

Ooooh...I am confused.
Edited by visrom - 14 years ago

I think his name was Srikant Patkar during the episodes they fillmed in 1994. Wonder when he became Pradyuman. BUT I was waiting for him to be called by some name, but no one adressed him with any name as far as I can remember. Nor did he give his introduction. He was not addressed as ACP either. he was called INSPECTOR SAAB. Even when he was scolding his junior he said "Darte Ho To Police Ki Naukari Kyon Karte Ho", he did not say CID.  

Did you hear him beaing called by a name? If yest when, where, I will go back to the case and check.

Also did you see how everyone was dressed in suits like ACP. THe First CID team was full of Uncles. I am so glad Daya Sir came in as young blood in the team.

Don't know about his name, but I am quite sure he did refer to CID at some point. That is why I was wondering if the current series is a continuation. He said something which gave an impression of him being in CID, sorry can't remember exactly what.😕
Case running right now - KISSA ANJAAN AAWAZON KA

I saw Sudhakar in the first screen. He introduced himself as "Sub Inspector Bhonsale". Now I wonder if he was SI Sudhakar Bhonsale, or this inspector is someone else.

In this case he introduced himself as being from "CID Crime Branch" but did not give his name.

Later he was referred to as CID Inspector and not ACP.

I think his name was Srikant Patkar during the episodes they fillmed in 1994. Wonder when he became Pradyuman. BUT I was waiting for him to be called by some name, but no one adressed him with any name as far as I can remember. Nor did he give his introduction. He was not addressed as ACP either. he was called INSPECTOR SAAB. Even when he was scolding his junior he said "Darte Ho To Police Ki Naukari Kyon Karte Ho", he did not say CID.  

Did you hear him beaing called by a name? If yest when, where, I will go back to the case and check.

Also did you see how everyone was dressed in suits like ACP. THe First CID team was full of Uncles. I am so glad Daya Sir came in as young blood in the team.

This is why I was wondering whether the 1995 date on that (albeit fake) ID was totally random or did they put the date there to indicate that Pradyuman was promoted to ACP in 1995 after these early episodes. At least in my mind that's how I'd link these episodes with the later ones. 😆 Maybe it'll make sense in the episode where Viren enters because I remember they were discussing about forming a team or unit and everything and Pradyuman was clearly an ACP at that time. Most likely that was the first case actually filmed under Sony.

To be absolutely fair, Daya wasn't the first young officer. Other young officers would appear and disappear back then without explanation. 😆 But yes, Daya was indeed a refreshing change and I'm glad he didn't vanish like those other people.

Edited by Kal El - 14 years ago
I get a feeling that earlier CID was mainly about Satam Sir's Intelligence. He was the leader and people around would keep changing, keep changing with every case. Later it became a show about the Team and sort of everyone started to shine and get noticed and those who did not quit since then rule our hearts today.

Now as per Singh Saab, he shot 6 Episodes, i.e. 3 Cases before Sony took CID. So logically those 6 Episodes are over, now with this 3rd case that just got over. The episode you mention about forming a team etc with Viren stepping in should logically be the 7th episode, i.e. the 4th case which should be aired in CID Classic 10:00 PM today. I am really looking forward to 10:00 PM.
Earlier Singh Saab made Ek Shoonya Shoonya with Shivaji Satam. Maybe when he decided to make this show, he initially followed the format of Ek Shoonya Ek Shoonya with the focus being entirely on Shivaji and later it was decided to bring in Ashutosh and change the format. Ultimately they settled on an ensemble cast.

Edited by Kal El - 14 years ago