Abeer is NO Devdas - My Take :) - Page 2

Posted: 14 years ago
Thanks everyone .. Thanks for all those wonderful replies πŸ˜ƒ 

@ Sam - I do hope you get over his drunken act .. lol πŸ˜† Jokes apart .. GK did a commendable job, maybe thats why I'm probably looking at it more from the actor's perspective than the character. But despite that confession .. I still feel Abeer was justified. I'm not saying he did the right thing .. what he did was wrong .. but ek galti toh bhagwan bhi maaf kar deta hai πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† 

@ Hina - I too hope it goes like we all think. I mean .. Leher needs to speak up. If she says YES or just talks to him .. he just needs to hear something from her.

@ Sssiham - Lol .. guess I'm the biased one too πŸ˜† Maybe thats why all this rambling πŸ˜† 

@ Jyots - Lol .. great minds think alike .. yeah right!! πŸ˜ƒ  But honestly .. you thought it right .. I just thought about your thought which resulted in this rambling of my own πŸ˜†  About the drunken bit .. like you said, any matured person will take to drinking if he is dumped. Thats the thing .. had Abeer been the very matured guy .. his drunk act would be even worse. Right now .. we can give him the benefit of doubt .. coz we do know he is yet sorta immature & childish. But yes .. this obviously can't go on .. and not just Abeer, everyone will try and get him out of this. It can't go on!

@ Madhu - Agreed. Maybe Leher just breaks down herself. But then .. its a better thing to do than keep it within and let it kill you inside. Coz right now .. she ain't holding up strong in any case. She has weakened .. and no matter how much she tries .. nothing seems to help.

@ Ritika - I meant to say, Leher's confession can bring them both back on their feet .. she can explain things to him .. they can talk it out and then take things slowly from there. To me, Abeer taking to the bottle made sense .. considering his age & his state of mind. Had a man of, say TN's age, done something like this .. then it would make no sense to me, simply coz a man of that age has the ability to think things through. Whereas with Abeer .. he is all heart right now .. ain't thinking through things .. nor of the consequences.

@ Gayu - I totally agree that Sudha is the one who is most hurt. Its very difficult seeing your son like this .. and moreso, coz she understands him so well, she will know that something is hurting him real bad. Taking to drinking is not uncommon .. maybe thats why I wasn't surprised. Yup .. abusing/killing a girl coz she rejected you .. is a sign of abnormality! The other day there was a case in the news .. a girl said NO to this friend who proposed .. he got so angry, he hit her! The girl slipped into a coma .. and soon she died of brain hemorrhage  I agree that Abeer, when he's angry, doesn't think of anyone .. least his family. But thats normal .. not right .. but normal. When 21 year olds get angry .. most times they don't even know what they're saying. Yup.. he needs to grow up.

I remember that scene from QSQT .. and yeah, hopefully TN will let him go the same way. And yeah .. TN looked really good in that orange kurta! 😳 

I don't want a forced confession out of Leher .. All I meant was, she should say something to him that calms him down. And if its reciprocating his love .. then be it. And if she does say YES .. she will mean it .. like she is showing it. Its only that her tears will get words to speak up. And lol .. you don't have to apologise for saying that GK's act was second best to you.

@ Turpichi - I don't think the creatives, at this stage are trying to show them "deeply" in love. What they're are showing is just the beginning phase of love .. which, in their case has come about to realisation under very grim circumstances. And like we've mentioned earlier .. its probably his fear of losing Leher, coupled with his anger & frustration, that has led him to this.

@ Kim - I do understand about gaining the ratings bit .. but bottomline is, unless they don't try .. they won't know .. and they need to try out things. It goes out of hand when they mess up entirely .. ruining the core of the character. In this case .. I don't think they have moved tooooo far away from Abeer. In the spur of the moment, he reacted adversely. They have shifted gears in Abeer's character .. but they have to bring him back and they will. If it continues to happen .. and he comes across as someone totally different once he sobers down .. then maybe I would say the same. So far .. its not been so bad, IMO. Guess we need to get through this whole week and see where things are headed.
I was watching the video again .. and I feel, one of the major reasons why I find his act was justified .. is coz I felt his pain!

When Leher walks away from him .. there is this moment when he realises completely what just hit him .. he is beginning to cry and there is the shot when he almost falls forward! That shot realllllly broke my heart .. πŸ˜­ πŸ˜­  

Felt the same for Leher as well. When Abeer lets go of her hand, it fell .. lifeless!! Also .. before that, she doesn't pull herself away from him .. she just asks him to let go .. and he finally does!

Awwww ...   
Eks...ur die- hard optimism brings a smile on my face...
We  sure  are willing to give Abeer a chance, this one act cannot taint his character permanently, unless they want to continue with the act for a longer time.
Despo to see the redeemed Abeer back soon!
Edited by kimpan - 14 years ago
Originally posted by kimpan

Eks...ur die- hard optimism brings a smile on my face...
We  sure  are willing to give Abeer a chance, this one act cannot taint his character permanently, unless they want to continue with the act for a longer time.
Despo to see the redeemed Abeer back soon!

Aww.. thank you. Thats so sweet! πŸ€—

I wonder sometimes .. if my die-hard optimism will drown me someday πŸ˜•  Me too .. waiting to see how Abeer redeems himself. I want our Raunak Singh back!!!!

You know .. now I was thinking about the situation from another angle altogether. Leher might not say anything to Abeer now .. and once he's sober and realises how much he hurt his parents, especially his mother .. he will apologise and back off from this whole love-shove thing and get back to serious studying.

Once in college .. the love will be rekindled .. and this time, from Leher's side! 😊 

Kim is right Eks,u'r die hard optimism sure helps us get through such episodes when the head overpowers the heart  oor so it seems ...

and I love the sound of the 'rekindled love' ,really hope from the bottom of my heart that the epi today pushes us to strengthen our faith in the creatives...

Hina
Edited by hinanaziri - 14 years ago
Originally posted by hinanaziri

Kim is right Eks,u'r die hard optimism sure helps us get through such episodes when the head overpowers the heart  oor so it seems ...

and I love the sound of the 'rekindled love' ,really hope from the bottom of my heart that the epi today pushes us to strengthen our faith in the creatives...

Hina

Thank you πŸ€— You guys are just tooooooo sweet!!!

Yeah .. I like the sound of 'rekindled love' myself 😳 It will be fun to see how Abeer ignores Leher .. and she is now vying for his attention!! Complete role reversal!! πŸ˜† Maybe then we can see the chhat wala scene which Abeer mentioned!! I tell you .. this guy can look into the future!!! 🀣

hahahaha Eks
Abeer 's got some super powers :)
and I can't wait for the role reversal to happen

I really wanna see some good fun scenes when I'm in India watching them LIVE!
u r welcome dearπŸ€—
Optimism will never drown u, it keeps u floating even through tough situations like 'drunken act' of AbeerπŸ˜† 
Seriously we need optimism to balance out the criticism right?
Gives a positive perspective to an issue, so ur optimism is very welcoming and hope now it's our Abeer's turn to bhaav khana, bahut ho gaye Leher ke nakhreπŸ˜›
Hina sure is a major member of ur opt. groupπŸ˜†
Edited by kimpan - 14 years ago
Very interesting take, i dont think leher will make any confessions today, her actions and her tears show she is more involved than she admits to but i think it is too soon for her to make any declarations, abeer has known from the moment he saw her... he is impulsive and got carried away

leher is more level headed, her heart might be breaking but she will try to reason out with abeer, she definitely needs to talk to him, i think thats what hurt abeer the most, her ignoring him

all in all, the show is having a very exciting week

fatima
@ Kim - Thanks again πŸ€— And yup, I agree .. its optimism & hope that takes one a long way! 😊 

@ Fatima - Yup .. guess so, maybe just Leher talking it out to Abeer will help calm him down. If not a YES .. aI hope she atleast talks to him. Poor guy!   True .. we have an exciting week ahead!! πŸ˜ƒ