Abeer is NO Devdas - My Take :)

Eksie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
Firstly .. Hats off to all of you! You guys have brought in some amazing discussions over the episodes .. and its fun reading various perspectives and POV's.

Here is mine 😊  Dunno how many will agree/disagree .. but anyways .. 

About the current track .. now I feel the creatives are taking the round-about fashion of going by things .. rather than the predicted straight route. Maybe going by the orderly fashion of slowly falling in love would be predictable. They probably thought of adding the spice .. for the sake of TRP's!

First of all .. I absolutely LOVED GK's drunken act!! I'm not a fan of such scenes and most actors (including some veterans) usually falter with such scenes, going overboard. But GK .. IMO .. was flawless! His was an act I could watch again & again .. coz otherwise, I usually end up forwarding such scenes or just don't watch it! Coming to Abeer .. I thought his actions were justified. Maybe my views of the actor are clouding my judgement of the character & scenario .. but I still felt it wasn't a surprise that Abeer immediately took to drinking. Firstly .. he didn't go to get the beer himself .. he was handed over by a random friend .. and in the heat of the moment, he took to it!

Abeer was angry .. frustrated .. and hurting. Hurting BAD!! And in such situations .. different people react differently. Some jilted lovers move on .. some take to drinking and regret later .. some take to drinking forever .. and some even kill the girl they love!!! So yeah .. keeping all that in mind .. I think Abeer was alright. Abeer drinking is a one-off case .. he will get over it today/tmrw (depending on how they take the episode). No comparisons to Devdas .. coz in the movie/book, Paro gets married to someone else .. leading him to drown himself in drinking! Not the same with Abeer .. coz Leher ain't going anywhere 😆 Secondly .. we know they are/gonna be a couple .. and naturally, Leher ain't gonna be with someone who takes to drinking at the slightest provocation. This drinking bit has to come as a major mistake on Abeer's part .. and Leher will make him see that.

From the way I look at things .. both Abeer & Leher are going through the same emotions. Both are in love .. both are hurting bad .. both are WEAK (as of now!). Leher has become Abeer's weakness .. and he's showing it through his anger & frustrations. Leher on her part, is trying to be strong, but her weakness is showing in her tears!

For Leher's POV .. I'd like to mention what Natz brought out in Jyoti's Adda Annex post. She sorta brought out the fact that Majumdar was such a strong father who took all nonsense for his daughter .. while Brij couldn't take even what his brother said to him .. how will he handle TN & Boodhha in the future?! This makes me think .. Rashmi's outburst during the rasam was directly the result of the strength she derived from her father!! She kept watching her father take nonsense after nonsense .. and yet being so strong about the whole thing and she finally vented out. Leher has become weak .. broken from the inside after seeing her father's condition. Her tears, is a result of everything .. her father's condition .. her ever-growing affection for Abeer and knowing that its probably not going anywhere.

I'm probably looking at the whole thing, not from the current situation .. but the aftermath of the current situation. We know of Abeer as this childish, immature young guy who can be mature when required .. and understands the right from the wrong. He will understand what he did was wrong .. and how much he has hurt his family .. and Leher too! She needs to tell him that.

Secondly .. from here, how I would like for things to progress is - Right now Abeer is desperate to hear a YES from Leher, coz he knows that is the truth! I was thinking .. maybe his 'drunk' act in the terrace .. could well be, an act! With TN downstairs screaming at him .. I have a feeling Abeer ka nasha udhar hi utar jaayega!! 😆  With Leher .. its only to get a YES from her (though I could be completely wrong here .. esp after reading the TB article).

For now .. I want this confession bit to get over & done with!! In the heat of the situation .. Abeer's anger & frustration .. he said he loves her and expects the same from her. I want her to now say YES .. and Abeer will back off! Just her saying yes to him .. the guy will gain ground and all his strength back! Leher on her part, will slowly come around to the whole situation. I want Abeer to tell her that this is what he wanted to hear .. and then he lets her decide the course of their relationship. Then maybe the creatives can take it back to Abeer getting back to normal (coz he got what he wanted) .. get back to his studies .. and take to them starting from scratch!

Leher needs to talk to him about how much he's hurting her by his behaviour .. and that will be enough for Abeer to snap out of it! I also would love to see a Abeer-Sudha scene .. where he apologizes to his mother for his behaviour .. knowing it has hurt her the most!!! Sudha being the mother she is .. will understand that her son did so only coz he is hurting so much!

Oh boyy .. that was quite a bit!! Sorry for the ramble guys ..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sam. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Ektaj

Firstly .. Hats off to all of you! You guys have brought in some amazing discussions over the episodes .. and its fun reading various perspectives and POV's.

About the current track .. now I feel the creatives are taking the round-about fashion of going by things .. rather than the predicted straight route. Maybe going by the orderly fashion of slowly falling in love would be predictable. They probably thought of adding the spice .. for the sake of TRP's!

First of all .. I absolutely LOVED GK's drunken act!! I'm not a fan of such scenes and most actors (including some veterans) usually falter with such scenes, going overboard. But GK .. IMO .. was flawless! His was an act I could watch again & again .. coz otherwise, I usually end up forwarding such scenes or just don't watch it! Coming to Abeer .. I thought his actions were justified. Maybe my views of the actor are clouding my judgement of the character & scenario .. but I still felt it wasn't a surprise that Abeer immediately took to drinking. Firstly .. he didn't go to get the beer himself .. he was handed over by a random friend .. and in the heat of the moment, he took to it! Even i hate drunk scenes Eks,but GK was fabulous in it i actually caught the repeats to watch him enacting the scene again.But i still am a little uncomfortable with the fact that abeer took to drinking,hopefully i will get over it by tonight's episode😆

Abeer was angry .. frustrated .. and hurting. Hurting BAD!! And in such situations .. different people react differently. Some jilted lovers move on .. some take to drinking and regret later .. some take to drinking forever .. and some even kill the girl they love!!! So yeah .. keeping all that in mind .. I think Abeer was alright. Abeer drinking is a one-off case .. he will get over it today/tmrw (depending on how they take the episode). No comparisons to Devdas .. coz in the movie/book, Paro gets married to someone else .. leading him to drown himself in drinking! Not the same with Abeer .. coz Leher ain't going anywhere 😆 Secondly .. we know they are/gonna be a couple .. and naturally, Leher ain't gonna be with someone who takes to drinking at the slightest provocation. This drinking bit has to come as a major mistake on Abeer's part .. and Leher will make him see that. Yes one drunk scene is enough eks, i hope he see's sense soon.

From the way I look at things .. both Abeer & Leher are going through the same emotions. Both are in love .. both are hurting bad .. both are WEAK (as of now!). Leher has become Abeer's weakness .. and he's showing it through his anger & frustrations. Leher on her part, is trying to be strong, but her weakness is showing in her tears!

For Leher's POV .. I'd like to mention what Natz brought out in Jyoti's Adda Annex post. She sorta brought out the fact that Majumdar was such a strong father who took all nonsense for his daughter .. while Brij couldn't take even what his brother said to him .. how will he handle TN & Boodhha in the future?! This makes me think .. Rashmi's outburst during the rasam was directly the result of the strength she derived from her father!! She kept watching her father take nonsense after nonsense .. and yet being so strong about the whole thing and she finally vented out. Leher has become weak .. broken from the inside after seeing her father's condition. Her tears, is a result of everything .. her father's condition .. her ever-growing affection for Abeer and knowing that its probably not going anywhere. Even i read natz post and it made me think of the situation from leher's POV because i was a little annoyed at her because she kept snubbing him brutally.And now i get her indecision and confusion she must be feeling in the current situation.

I'm probably looking at the whole thing, not from the current situation .. but the aftermath of the current situation. We know of Abeer as this childish, immature young guy who can be mature when required .. and understands the right from the wrong. He will understand what he did was wrong .. and how much he has hurt his family .. and Leher too! She needs to tell him that.

Secondly .. from here, how I would like for things to progress is - Right now Abeer is desperate to hear a YES from Leher, coz he knows that is the truth! I was thinking .. maybe his 'drunk' act in the terrace .. could well be, an act! With TN downstairs screaming at him .. I have a feeling Abeer ka nasha udhar hi utar jaayega!! 😆  With Leher .. its only to get a YES from her (though I could be completely wrong here .. esp after reading the TB article). No i think he is still drunk😆He looked high as a kite to me both in the precap and promo.

For now .. I want this confession bit to get over & done with!! In the heat of the situation .. Abeer's anger & frustration .. he said he loves her and expects the same from her. I want her to now say YES .. and Abeer will back off! Just her saying yes to him .. the guy will gain ground and all his strength back! Leher on her part, will slowly come around to the whole situation. I want Abeer to tell her that this is what he wanted to hear .. and then he lets her decide the course of their relationship. Then maybe the creatives can take it back to Abeer getting back to normal (coz he got what he wanted) .. get back to his studies .. and take to them starting from scratch! Even i want them to start from scratch ,and i want the collece track to start.But i still have doubts if leher will say yes.😕

Leher needs to talk to him about how much he's hurting her by his behaviour .. and that will be enough for Abeer to snap out of it! I also would love to see a Abeer-Sudha scene .. where he apologizes to his mother for his behaviour .. knowing it has hurt her the most!!! Sudha being the mother she is .. will understand that her son did so only coz he is hurting so much! Even i want a mother-son convo love this mother-son pair.

Oh boyy .. that was quite a bit!! Sorry for the ramble guys .. As always i love ur ramblelings😊Eks.

hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9

fab take on the epi Eksie🤗
I do hope whatever u said comes true and my intuition says that Leher will speak,if not today then soon and will make him feel her pain ...
Abeer isnt being unreasonable and neither is Leher
and I'm pretty sure we'll fall in love with them all over again ,for the couple they are...

lets hope for the best !😍

Hina
sihu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Keep rambling like this....i so agree with most of what you said.....I too dont think Abeer is going to go the Devdas way or any such thing....he just did this in the heat of the moment.

Just as he ate the egg after that issue with his parents after the MR Fiasco.  So he just does some stuff on the spur of the moment and later feels sorry for those things...

Like you, I'm biased about this guy and so my views are more pro-Abeer.
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Ektaj

Ekss even I m happy to see so many discussions going on in just 1 episode😲😳..woww this means the show is getting popular😛

Yes trps is an issue these days and creatives know that 60s style slowly falling in love might not work in today's fast-paced lifestyle😉😳

First of all .. I absolutely LOVED GK's drunken act!! I'm not a fan of such scenes and most actors (including some veterans) usually falter with such scenes, going overboard. But GK .. IMO .. was flawless! His was an act I could watch again & again .. coz otherwise, I usually end up forwarding such scenes or just don't watch it! Coming to Abeer .. I thought his actions were justified. Maybe my views of the actor are clouding my judgement of the character & scenario .. but I still felt it wasn't a surprise that Abeer immediately took to drinking. Firstly .. he didn't go to get the beer himself .. he was handed over by a random friend .. and in the heat of the moment, he took to it!
Hmm woww grt minds think alike..I almost wrote the same thing in my thread as well😲😆😳..yes Abeer's action was fully justified...it was holi..he was desperate to talk to Leher..for the first time he was falling in love..he was fearing to loose his love forever..he knew that Leher too loves him but is still denying becuase of other issues..he was feeling extremely helpless and frustated after the turn of events that happened in the last few days..on top of that a random friend gives him that beer bottle..he was not sure how to blurt out his frustations that very moment..he was not sure how to keep his emotions under check that very moment..the atmosphere was colourful and everyone were hving the joy of their life whereas his life went upside down with Leher's rejection..under such circumstances any guy will gulp down the beer bottle as an instant reaction😃

Abeer was angry .. frustrated .. and hurting. Hurting BAD!! And in such situations .. different people react differently. Some jilted lovers move on .. some take to drinking and regret later .. some take to drinking forever .. and some even kill the girl they love!!! So yeah .. keeping all that in mind .. I think Abeer was alright. Abeer drinking is a one-off case .. he will get over it today/tmrw (depending on how they take the episode). No comparisons to Devdas .. coz in the movie/book, Paro gets married to someone else .. leading him to drown himself in drinking! Not the same with Abeer .. coz Leher ain't going anywhere 😆 Secondly .. we know they are/gonna be a couple .. and naturally, Leher ain't gonna be with someone who takes to drinking at the slightest provocation. This drinking bit has to come as a major mistake on Abeer's part .. and Leher will make him see that.
In this case I m sure he is not taking drinking forever neither he will take that violent route😉😆..it was just an instant reaction from a guy who is passionately in love with someone for the first time in his life😳...I m sure tomorrow when he gets back to his senses he will realize that he needs to rise in love rather than falling in love😳

Thats the basic difference between a boy and girl..a boy can always show his emotions openly..a girl cannot do the same..so her emotions r exposed in the form of those secret tears😭

For Leher's POV .. I'd like to mention what Natz brought out in Jyoti's Adda Annex post. She sorta brought out the fact that Majumdar was such a strong father who took all nonsense for his daughter .. while Brij couldn't take even what his brother said to him .. how will he handle TN & Boodhha in the future?! This makes me think .. Rashmi's outburst during the rasam was directly the result of the strength she derived from her father!! She kept watching her father take nonsense after nonsense .. and yet being so strong about the whole thing and she finally vented out. Leher has become weak .. broken from the inside after seeing her father's condition. Her tears, is a result of everything .. her father's condition .. her ever-growing affection for Abeer and knowing that its probably not going anywhere.
Yeah thats a very interesting thought which is brought out by Natz in her write-up👏..I guess Majumdar has seen many harsh realities of life earlier..so he was mentally prepared to take all those humiliations from Shuklas whereas Mathur all these yrs hv stayed in Mughal-Sarai in a more peaceful and friendly atmosphere..the reason why all these humiliations r difficult for him to handle..and this makes Leher weak as well sinse she knows as a daughter,her first responsibility is to safeguard her father's self-respect and of course his health as well...No doubt it will b a difficult target for Abeer to make Leher shed all her inhibitions and fear and then confess her love for him😳

Hmm here I m not sure whatever Abeer did..whether it can b termed as childish or immatured act..I mean any matured human being will take to alcohol after getting rejection from someone with whom he is passionately in love😳..I hv seen such cases even in real life..but yes at this stage Abeer needs to b a bit practical and first try to sort out the differences between two families and mayb then think about his own love story😉😛

Secondly .. from here, how I would like for things to progress is - Right now Abeer is desperate to hear a YES from Leher, coz he knows that is the truth! I was thinking .. maybe his 'drunk' act in the terrace .. could well be, an act! With TN downstairs screaming at him .. I have a feeling Abeer ka nasha udhar hi utar jaayega!! 😆  With Leher .. its only to get a YES from her (though I could be completely wrong here .. esp after reading the TB article).
Ekss but we r enjoying his drunk act..hai na😉😆😛..I feel TN might  just walk out of the house in anger and Abeer will just go to the terrace and continue with his devdas act😉😆..lets see what happens here😛

For now .. I want this confession bit to get over & done with!! In the heat of the situation .. Abeer's anger & frustration .. he said he loves her and expects the same from her. I want her to now say YES .. and Abeer will back off! Just her saying yes to him .. the guy will gain ground and all his strength back! Leher on her part, will slowly come around to the whole situation. I want Abeer to tell her that this is what he wanted to hear .. and then he lets her decide the course of their relationship. Then maybe the creatives can take it back to Abeer getting back to normal (coz he got what he wanted) .. get back to his studies .. and take to them starting from scratch!
Oh woww thats a good prediction👏..mayb he just wants her to confess her true feelings for him just once which can give him that much needed peace in life😳 and then they both can decide to part ways for sometime till the tension between the two families is sorted out😳..after this the story can continue with college proceedings where this whole love saga can take a new matured dimension😳

Leher needs to talk to him about how much he's hurting her by his behaviour .. and that will be enough for Abeer to snap out of it! I also would love to see a Abeer-Sudha scene .. where he apologizes to his mother for his behaviour .. knowing it has hurt her the most!!! Sudha being the mother she is .. will understand that her son did so only coz he is hurting so much!
I feel Leher is too scared to talk to Abeer because she is unable to hide her emotions and feeling as well😉..she is fearing that she might just blurt out her real feelings for him if she tries talking to him😳..but yes Abeer-Sudha scene is reqd once Lalla comes back to his real senses😆😛

Oh boyy .. that was quite a bit!! Sorry for the ramble guys ..

Ekss I guess we both hv similar viewpoints on Abeer's current devdas act😉😳..bas we both don't want it to get dragged from here on😆😳

My detail replies in red😳
madhu. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Great post Eks! 👏

I agree with everyone here... Devdas way wasn't really the right way to handel the whole the thing... Abeer has been hurt all this time, by everyone..both his mom and dad.. n also Leher... So he just couldn't take everything in after Leher said NO... Now that Abeer got drunk, I don't know how she is going to react the what going to happen in the terace today...

Even though I didn't like how the CV put up the devdas scene for Abeer... But I have to admit I loved the scene yesterday... it was supper funny..😆. And GK got to show how great of an actor he is..⭐️ I'm not saying he hasn't been, he always have been..... but these scenes don't come everyday...😉

About Leher.. well as everyone says, I too want her to speak up... enough of her silence... She has to make Abeer understand like she always has.. But the thing is she can't hold her self to explain this to him.. She too will break down infornt of Abeer...
But I don't think today at terace would be a great time of her to speak up.. If she did.. I dought  Abeer is going to remmeber any of it..
So it would be best to tell everything the next day.😳

But I am very much looking forward to todays epi because I want hear out for what Abeer has to say.. he going to tell everything in his heart to Leher....😭It;s going to be heartly felt speach... 😭So I'm sure Leher will understand what he's going through and forgive Abeer for getting drunk..

Yeap I would definitely love a great Mother Son scene... 😊

Edited by premheer4evr - 14 years ago
bohemia thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Interesting take, Eks.

Taking to the bottle doesn't make sense. Esp. for Abeer character. Anyway, anything goes for the TRPs. I'm hoping someone drills some sense into the guy. Either Leher or Sudha.

I disagree about Leher's confession. Wrangling a confession out of her would ruin it, even if it sobers him down. It would be better if she explains the reason for her refusal.
tvrasika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hi Eks,
I agree with you that this Devdas act won't go for long. But I say this because of Sudha's sanskaar! Don't know why but one look from her and I think Abeer will totally break down! More than Leher, it is Sudha who will be hurt the most. Because she has no clue why her Lalla is doing what he is doing. So, for her sake, Abeer has to put an end to this avatar.

I still don't agree or understand Abeer's act. I don't know people like that, so find it a bit hard to think any man would have done that (drink alcohol) in such a situation! I mean, I do know men who have not been successful in love, but they didn't go about drinking. It just was not an option! They just cried!

Abeer has a lot of good qualities, but when he is angry/upset, he tends to forget about everyone- including his family. That's a bit selfish. I would hate to see Leher be responsible for cleaning the mess everytime he does something stupid. He really needs to grow up!

Am guessing/hoping that TN will quietly walk away, or ask Abeer's friends to take him upstairs. There is a beautiful scene in QSQT where Aamir returns home after Juhi gets engaged to someone else. His dad is waiting to yell at him, but Aamir just breaks down on seeing his dad, and dad hugs him and asks him to go... I hope they show a sensitive scene like that!

Btw, TN was looking good in the orange kurta😳

me too, not for Leher's confession. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for Abeer right now. No one can force anyone to confess anything. It's not right. If Leher feels like she can open up, she will. It's not her fault that Abeer is so spoilt.

Am very happy to see GK's drunk act getting praise... he deserved it. 👏That scene where he gestures for Leher to come near him, before he goes to her... gosh, his angry look! I would not want to be near this man when he is angry! Wonder if GK is short-tempered in real😆

One of the best drunk acts I have seen in the last 10 months of TV watching is that of Shardul Pandit (Maulik) in Bandini. He was truly fab... an original actor. GK's act yesterday is the next. (sorry for saying GK is second but am just being honest).
Edited by tvrasika - 14 years ago
turpichi1 thumbnail
Nice post, Eks - not a rambling.
I agree - maybe a slow paced love story may not do too well in the crazy trp race that goes on. I think one episode is not enough to judge how they are going to take the story forward. Maybe (and hopefully) they don't take it the devdas way, and bring some fun back into the romance for now atleast. Melodrama is anyway going to come into the picture once the families get involved.
The one thing I still have a major problem with is that Leher cannot say YES yet. I just dont see where/when she has fallen in love with Abeer. Yes, there was attraction between the two, which was being shown. But, one antakshari sequence is not enough for her character to fall so deeply in love. Other than the antakshari sequence, and maybe Leher waving goodbye from the door are the only 2 scenes where they showed that she was somewhat warming up to Abeer. That's the reason I'm not able to digest that Leher has already fallen in love with him. Woh chath peh chupke Abeer ko dekhne waale scenes have only been in Abeer's imagination 😆
kimpan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Eks...awesome post....
I am very happy for GK for all the appreciation he got for the act. GK has conquered many more hearts with this act, alas! Abeer has gone the other way 😕
We can appreciate the fact that this act of his has drawn more viewers and I guess the CVs have achieved what they wanted. Still, is gaining ratings reason enough to pull a Devdas ? ( a temporary one 😛)
At the end of the day Abeer is a 'chichora' ( an extremely cute one 😛)...but this was a bit extreme even for this 'chichora'...hope things fall into place eventually and the story follows the track that you have elaborated.

Edited by kimpan - 14 years ago