Debate Mansion

Mahabharat Analysis and Debate (Page 8)

Poll Question: Which do you like better?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
18 [75.00%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [16.67%]
2 [8.33%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 68

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 10:48am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lola610

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mahabharat Analysis and Debate (Page 8)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mister.K.

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 11:32am | IP Logged

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 12:09pm | IP Logged

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Sarla Mahabharath:  Interesting take on some MB events.

If Sarala Mahabharat interests you then try googling for 'Bhil Mahabharata' or "Bheel Mahabharata". Wink

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 1:08pm | IP Logged

CunningLinguist

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 1:20pm | IP Logged

lola610

IF-Rockerz

lola610

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 2:34pm | IP Logged
Sorry for being late guys, had classes bac to back... but gotta admit reading that I was missed got me feeling like the shizz LOL j/k... thanks for addressing the prompt, Gauri! I agree, Amba might've gone a bit bonkers in geting as mad at Bhishma as she did because he tried to do the right thing after, but it's the before that makes me head-scratch... in every version I've read, it was forceful as you would think it is when you hear the word "kidnap", not some friendly "wanna ride with me"... so, I don't know if that's justifiable. I don't have the hard copy now but when I get home this weekend, I'll check... I use the one published by the Ramakrishna Math btw... but if I remember correctly, Satyavati asked Bhishma to propose the marriage legitimately to smooth over the rocky relationship between Kashi and Hastinapur... it got laughed off, so Bhishma's motive can be inferred as vengeance... and IMO, that should be carried out against the king - not the girls.

And as far as the Shakuni-and-the-goat story, I combed through this and can't find it anywhere: http://www.mahabharataonline.com/ Not much on his motives or even the timeframe for when he permanently moved to Hastinapur is in the "official" texts, as far as I remember... the angle BRC took was the one I tried to reflect in the prompt, that Shakuni thought it was condescending of Bhishma to think of pairing his sister up with a blind man, hence Gufi Paintal's perfect grudgy grunt everytime he said "Pitamah Bhishma... Evil Smile" But, if anybody could find some other texts that might fill in the blanks on his character other than the goat story, I'd really appreciate it... Goat story does help him make sense, but the ritual itself is weird to me so I'd like to see what else is out there.

But thanks Gauri! I came, I read, I liked Big smile

lola610

IF-Rockerz

lola610

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 2:39pm | IP Logged
Also, idk if this was mentioned before but the Amba and Co. swayamvar was the same freebie type that Kunti had, no challenge - just the girl's choice. Prehisoric version of The Bachelorette.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top