Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Caste&gender based discrimination in India today (Page 5)

cuckoocutter Senior Member

Posted: 19 March 2010 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
pogo Senior Member
pogo
pogo

Posted: 19 March 2010 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cuckoocutter

Originally posted by pogo

@ Pre-schoolers Clown

The people who never responded to the original topic.. The ones who care nothing about the oppressed , are posting now just to bash.

We should be proud about the fact that India a comparatively young nation had a dalit president -Shri K. R. Narayanan, much before America (a country that has attained independance long before india) elected a black president. Instead of being proud of such things, instead of appreciating the state's social progress our Xinit and Cuckoo like to loathe keralitesLOL  Let the pre-schoolers enjoyWink

I dream of an India where no women is murdered in the name of dowry, no girl child is killed even  before she comes out of the womb, no dalit is burned alive or beaten to death.

lol to set the record straight, i dont loathe keralites. i actually dig hot mallu chicks, lik asin. i really do, promise. Wink LOL

Whatever man..Sleepy  You may or may not go after stupid but hot ones like Asin. Talking about asin, glad that she left for bollywoodWink Good for malayalam cinema you knowWink
I wanted serious discussion in the thread. Edited the previous post to avoid further rubbish in the thread and you coming up with this..Confused

If you know anything and have anything to say about the original topic, about the oppression faced by women and backward classes, do post your views, if not kindly stop posting in the thread.

Edited by pogo - 19 March 2010 at 1:12pm
_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 28 March 2010 at 11:47am | IP Logged

How can there be caste discrimination in the political setup, when it is dominated and controlled by leaders belonging to backward communities, when all the power is in their hands!!
Bcoz power corrupts !
_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 28 March 2010 at 11:56am | IP Logged

I think the only way out, the only solution is that the oppressed classes should organise and fight for their rights and dignity with full force, without fear.  They have to rise up and fight for their rights.
More than fighting for their rights which are not denied in most cases , I feel that they need to change their attitude & lifestyle. Some of the ppl are simply not motivated to do anything to improve their lot. Perhaps they have never thought much beyond meeting their basic needs like food & drinks. Its going to take a lot of efforts to even make them realise that they shud aspire for more and be ready to work in that direction. Fighting for rights wud come later after one has first fulfilled ones duty towards ones ownself & ones family atleast.
pogo Senior Member
pogo
pogo

Posted: 29 March 2010 at 6:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

More than fighting for their rights which are not denied in most cases ,

Rights not denied in most cases??!! Denial of access to public places is not denial of rights?? Denial of access to public wells, denial of access to eating places frequented by upper caste people is all common even today in backward regions.  Go through the 'atrocities against backward classes statistics' from official  sources(there will be lots of unreported cases too)

Edited by pogo - 29 March 2010 at 6:29am
pogo Senior Member
pogo
pogo

Posted: 29 March 2010 at 6:25am | IP Logged

Its going to take a lot of efforts to even make them realise that they shud aspire for more and be ready to work in that direction.

No one need to make them realize that they need to aspire more.  They have realized that ages back by themselves and they have rose up. Read more about the social movements occurred during  first part of 20th century all over the country parallel to the freedom struggle and you will see.  They were fed up working 18 hours a day as slaves for the elite masters and decided to react and revolt. Such movements were successful in south but were crushed in the north. That's why they still remain oppressed mainly in north India. That's why I said there is need for a second set of such movements. 

pogo Senior Member
pogo
pogo

Posted: 29 March 2010 at 6:28am | IP Logged

I feel that they need to change their attitude & lifestyle. Some of the ppl are simply not motivated to do anything to improve their lot. Perhaps they have never thought much beyond meeting their basic needs like food & drinks. Fighting for rights wud come later after one has first fulfilled ones duty towards ones ownself & ones family atleast.

You cannot blame the oppressed for the oppression that they face angie ji..Smile What you are saying is true in the case of tribals alone, as they live secluded from others.

Barring the tribals other backward communities are trying to improve their standard of living since years,  but as  I said before the upper castes are not letting them come up. Read the original post. I have mentioned how the upper classes act as a lobby and prevent women and backward classes from accessing power and wealth. There are exceptions. They let few from the oppressed sections to enjoy power and wealth to bluff and make everyone think that there is no discrimination.

Edited by pogo - 30 March 2010 at 6:30am
angelic_devil IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 29 March 2010 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top