Debate Mansion

Caste&gender based discrimination in India today (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 6

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 6
Page 5 Page 6

pogo

pogo

Posted: 18 March 2010 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Xinit

Originally posted by pogo

Kerala

Kerala is the one state with no caste discrimination and least gender based discrimination in India today.

In the state if a person utters a single word against members of  backward classes, there will be public uproar. Everyone, regardless of their their caste or community will turn against that person. In Kerala backward classes are educated and well organised unlike their counterparts in other states. They are not denied the right to education and power, unlike in other states.

Prove it... Smile

Kerala's society is less patriarchal than the rest of the country. In Kerala Gender relations are among the most equitable in India and the whole of Third World. It is the only state in India where number of females is higher than that of males. The state where female infanticide rates is the lowest.

Vivekananda called 19th century Kerala, a 'madhouse' after witnessing the deep rooted evil customs related to caste system.  But then some legendary figures emerged from the backward communities. They fought for the rights and dignity of their downtrodden brethen and emerged victorious. Today backward classes including OBCs, SCs and a section of STs(mainly the tribe known as the 'Kanis') are very well organized and have attained great progress compared to their counterparts in other states. The only other state where backward classes are not oppressed today is Andra Pradesh.

ProofLOL Visit Kerala and see it all for yourself.Smile  Travel around the villages and see how people of different religions and castes peacefully co-exist.Smile

Edited by pogo - 19 March 2010 at 2:34am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Caste&gender based discrimination in India today (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

pogo

pogo

Posted: 18 March 2010 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cuckoocutter

...         Kerala is the only state in India with HDI that is at par with that of developed nations of the world!

GDP growth cannot be taken as the criterion for measuring overall socio-economic development of a region. Kerala has lower levels of  poverty, malnutrition, infant mortality rate and higher life expectancy rate compared to states with higher GDP growth.

lol which kerala u talkin about? the kerala in india, or the kerala we got for HDI-deflatin keralities in trashy mid-east countries?WinkLOL

So how old are you yaar 13 or 14?Wink I have nothing else to ask you, you knowWink Xinit is bit more sensible, I prefer himWink And did you do, what i sujested? To learn more about India before talking bulls_it?WinkLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

cuckoocutter

Posted: 18 March 2010 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

pogo

pogo

Posted: 19 March 2010 at 7:09am | IP Logged

lol but i learned that in pre-school itself, but u, i see u still talkin bullS, n doin bullS. WinkLOL

You learned everything about India in pre-school itself!LOL  So you learned that India is a union of states and M.K. Gandhi is the Father of the nation.Wink Enough information to give long speechesWink I have seen lots of mor_ns doing thatWinkLOL
I believe you,  as I can see from your posts that  you know everything  that an average preschooler knows!Wink 

Edited by pogo - 19 March 2010 at 7:19am

cuckoocutter

Posted: 19 March 2010 at 8:48am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 19 March 2010 at 8:55am | IP Logged

lol but i learned that in pre-school itself, but u, i see u still talkin bullS, n doin bullS. WinkLOL

You learned everything about India in pre-school itself!LOL  So you learned that India is a union of states and M.K. Gandhi is the Father of the nation.Wink Enough information to give long speechesWink I have seen lots of mor_ns doing thatWinkLOL
I believe you,  as I can see from your posts that  you know everything  that an average preschooler knows!Wink 
Om Shanti Shanti.
If not the Ghost of Mohan lal will be here.LOL
But frankly I do notice that several steps are being taken in Kerala to fight agains discriminations.
Still there seem to be some complaints which generally is found in most societies But this culd be an isolated case.

pogo

pogo

Posted: 19 March 2010 at 11:08am | IP Logged
@ Summer bhai

I read the blog Summer ji. I agree with the blogger about one fact. Both in left and right wing parties you find many prominent leaders from among OBCs and SCs, but very few from among the tribals(STs).

In my earlier post i have mentioned that OBCs, SCs and only a part of the tribals(eg:Kanis) have progressed well. Mainly because reforms reached tribals very late. OBCs and SCs were part of the mainsteam society since time immemorial no? But the case of tribals is entirely different.  Naturally reform occured earlier among OBCs and SCs(during our national movement days) and they attained progress much earlier. Tribals were still living isolated, completely segregated from the others.

Because of a large number of programmes and policies implemented by successive governments, certain tribes have attained considerable progress and have become part of the mainstream society. For eg. many people from the  Kani community are in the government service and business sector.

Comming to C.K. Janu(tribal leader mensioned in the blog) what to say, she's worse than MayavatiWink Corrupt to the core. Instead of working for the upliftment of tribals she is amassing wealth for herself. That's why they kicked her out.

Kerala's chief minister V.S. Achuthanandan is from a backward community.

State secretary of CPIM, Pinaray Vijayan(the most powerful one in the party) is from a backward community

There are prominent ministers belonging to Scheduled castes  in the present cabinet like A.K. Balan.

How can there be caste discrimination in the political setup, when it is dominated and controlled by leaders belonging to backward communities, when all the power is in their hands!!LOL

Edited by pogo - 07 May 2010 at 7:54am

pogo

pogo

Posted: 19 March 2010 at 11:14am | IP Logged

Edited

Edited by pogo - 19 March 2010 at 12:49pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top