Women's reservation bill- Do u support? - Page 5

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by krystal_watz

im sorry, but how can ppl "not allow" someone when he/she is an adult individual and determined in her will?? then its the individual woman's  lack of will-power, that cannot be corrected through reservation.πŸ˜ƒ
its not lack of will power but 'putting tradition & custom ke naam per bediyan" . Some muslim leaders have even gone to the extent of calling women who fight elections as unislamic . They said that a females rightful place is at home . This mentality exists in many men of other religion too.
Originally posted by pogo

Claps to Sonia Gandhi for her smart reply πŸ‘
DittoClap , her step is definitely commendable and also the way she carried it forward, no BS allowed or tolerated, thats how our leaders should be.Edited by Sherraz - 14 years ago

im sorry, but how can ppl "not allow" someone when he/she is an adult individual and determined in her will?? then its the individual woman's  lack of will-power, that cannot be corrected through reservation.πŸ˜ƒ
I would like to understand what do you mean by enough will-power, up to what extent and against who all a woman should go to prove that she has enough will-power along with the talent? Please elaborate.
Have you seen a woman working at the construction site? Such women who have the calibre to feed their household and nurture them at the same time, lacked the will-power you think thats why they don't have a good job. I know I might be giving a not so relevant example as your question was wrt to politics but I just want to put forth a point that for many such women it is an uphill battle to maintain their self-esteem, nurture their families and feed the ego of their male-counter-parts. If Sonia is trying to make it a little easier for them, then why not?

Edited by Sherraz - 14 years ago

Vast majority of the prominent politicians are men, no? They form a lobby, even women with willpower are cast out.It wont help the cause of women if one or two of them become strong or gain prominent positions. They should organise together and gain strength. Strength through unity. Each and every women need to become strong.
And don't forget the type of favor some of them seek when it comes to a woman.

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!😲
then what'll the world do without men??????????😭
Don't worry, Indian mentality of favoring male child over female is gonna save us allπŸ˜‰

Exactly! Reservation is meant for those who are denied opportunities to education, wealth and power. Applies to both women and backward classes.

Government introduced reservation with a view to uplift the oppressed, downtrodden sections of the society, but only a small minority of people from backward classes got benefited by such measures. Vast majority of them still remain oppressed.

Government has introduced free education for all.  But large part of the the backward class population are still denied this right  to education. In many backward regions of our country, even today, members of the upper castes dont allow children of lower caste people to sit and study together with their children in public schools. Most backward caste parents are so poor that they cant even find enough food for their children, so how are they going to send then to school? Also the children are forced to work and earn for their families. India is still the country with largest number of child labourers in the world.

Coming to girls, in the backward regions, plight of girl children belonging to upper castes is not different from that of their lowercaste counterparts. Girls are forced to stay home and do all the household chores while there brothers go to school. You find large number of girl children, working as domestic servants in rural India.

What is happening today is, like 'blue ice' behna pointed out in the other thread, reserved seats are cornered by the affluent minority from the backward classes. Same is going to happen regarding women reservation. The affluent women will grab all the seats and they wont in anyway help the upliftment of the downtrodden women as these elite ones are ignorant and dont care about multitudes of problems faced by the average rural women of India.  Best example is Sushma Swaraj, who just serves as a puppet in the hands of her party leaders.
Do you have data to prove that the OBCs and SC\STs were not benefitted by the reservation?
I had said earlier that if reservation is monitored financially then it will lead to lot of corruption and in country like India, it is next to impossible.
 And for women reservation even if it takes a little time to reach poor, then also I am for it.
Edited by Sherraz - 14 years ago
Originally posted by Sherraz

Do you have data to prove that the OBCs and SC\STs were not benefitted by the reservation?
I had said earlier that if reservation is monitored financially then it will lead to lot of corruption and in country like India, it is next to impossible.
 And for women reservation even if it takes a little time to reach poor, then also I am for it.

Read again the bolded lines. Vast majority of them still remain oppressed. Reservation and subsidy benefits are cornered by the affluent few. Have you gone to backward areas of the country? have you witnessed the discrimination faced by them even today? Have you seen with your own eyes their poor living conditions? I have gone to different places and have seen and understood everything with my naked eyes. I dont need any second hand data
   It is biased to say that women deserves reservation and not the backward classes. Just like women, OBCs, SCs, STs come under the oppressed sections of the society.

Have you noticed something finiky? We the affluent ones  shout against reservation, stage protests against it. But you never hear the voice of a single one from these hypocrites, when dalits are burned to death, when backward class women are raped and killed, when the tribals die of starvation and malnutrition. We are selfish to the core. No one among us have any right to raise our voice against reservation, when vast majority of members of the backward classes  live in poverty and misery and lead a sub-human life.

Edited by pogo - 14 years ago
if passing women's reservation bill was not enof, now HC has passed a ruling that female officers in defence services can be commissioned permanently in the forces. Uptill now, the cud serve only for 14 years.
Power to women.....
LOL, I guess they are pampering the women a bit too much now.
Senior brass of defence services are contemplating to move SC nowπŸ˜†