Happy Women's Day!

aparajitaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Maitrinino, Women's Day ahe aaj! toh sajraa karnyachi kharach garaz ahe ka aplyala? apan tar saglya independent aahotach! pan tya independence cha anand saajra karayla vel milto ka aplyala? Aaj apan kadhuya toh vel....apan kharach lucky aahot, pan ashya kiti tari bayka ahet jyana bai mhanun dignified aayushya jagnya chi sandhi ch milat nahi, tyanchya basic needs poorna hot nahit! tyanchyasathi apan ha Women's Day ithe saajra karuya!

Truly proud to be a woman who is a symbol of GOD's Shakti, Love, Compassion, Dignity, Grace, Strength & so on...
The list of her qualities is endless,
SO HATS OFF TO ALL WOMEN OF THE WORLD! 👍🏼

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vidya0906 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Hey appu thanks for opening this thread.  Here's wishing all the women of our forum a very very Happy Women's Day...

lets have fun today on this thread....hey everybody participate and make this thread very enjoyable....

mi ata thodi vel naahi aahe, baaher jaaycha aahe...will come back soon.  am posting an article which i am sure u all will find interesting.

Air India To Fly An All Women Crew!! Brand Building ?

by Ankit Agarwal on March 8, 2010

Just when you thought that Air India has not been in the news for sometime, here it is albeit this time for not-so-embarrassing reasons. Infact, this time it is for good and in a true celebration spirit.Yes,

Air India will deploy an all-women pilot team on the ultra long haul, non-stop flight (AI-141) from Mumbai to New York

Air India will make history and mark the centenary celebration of International Women's day by engaging a team of female pilots,cabin crew, engineers and flight dispatchers for a lot of domestic and international routes including the Mumbai-New York flight.

AirIndia 300x197 Air India To Fly An All Women Crew!! Brand Building ?

As commendable the initiative is, I am at loss to understand if it is going to help Brand Air India in one way or the other. Given what Air India has been through in the recent past including employee strikes, in-flight nuisances and what not, I can't seem to understand what Air India is going to get out of it. Could it be only to celebrate the spirit of Women's day you ask me?
Well, I can't digest it for sure. Remember the harassment case which an Air India hostess seemed to have logged against the pilot. I wonder if anything happened of that except for de-rostering of the people involved. I wonder what kind of women's spirit they intend to celebrate if they can't propagate the same within their employees.

However, it is heartening to know that National Aviation Company India Limited (NACIL), the holding company of AI has 136 women pilots under its roster. The number may not be huge but still suggests that Indian women are taking to skies slowly but surely.

If anything, Air India is going to be in the news for good reasons today for a change.Hopefully, Women's Day celebration brings some much needed smile to this ailing national carrier.

Yes, Here's wishing everyone a very Happy Women's Day

aparajitaa thumbnail
Hi... aajchya Times madhli hi news...samajik bandhikee japnarya eka muli chi...

MBA graduate returns to roots as sarpanch

GOING PLACES BY CHOICE & CIRCUMSTANCE

Anindo Dey | TNN

Jaipur: For most,it would be a step backward.But for 30-year-old Chhavi Rajawat,leaving behind corporate glamour and city life to head back to her village Soda,60 km from Jaipur,as its sarpanch has been a journey to her roots.She says this is how she is paying back to the village she grew up in.
A student of Rishi Valley,Bangalore and later at Delhis Lady Shriram College,Chhavi did a business management degree from Pune.Then she worked with about five corporates before changing her focus.
Today as Chhavi heads NREGA meetings in her village in jeans and casual wear,she is fast emerging as the changing face of rural Rajasthan.It should change.There is so much one can do, she says.My management education is helping me take care of the village better.It is a sort of social work that runs in my blood, says Chhavi,who won the sarpanch seat on February 4.
Chhavi attributes her life-changing step to her grandfather Brig Raghubir Singh.Many years ago,as the sarpanch of Soda,Singh had made Chhavis mother drive through the village without her veil.Villagers had looked up in surprise as their car drove past but no one spoke a word.
Chhavi said she waded into politics,backed by the villagers.The villagers did not want the former sarpanch and though I was pitched against his wife and another womanthe seat was reserved for women this timeI won.The villagers see me as the daughter of the village and wanted me to contest, she says.

RUSTIC APPEAL: Chhavi Rajawat also runs a riding school in Rajasthan
aparajitaa thumbnail
READ THIS NEWS ALSO...

9-year-old raped,found killed in police quarters

Second Such Case In Kurla In A Month

V Narayan | TNN

Mumbai: The body of a nineyear-old girl who was raped before being murdered was found on the terrace of building no 109 at the police quarters in Kurla (E) on Sunday morning.Six persons from the locality have been detained for questioning.
The autopsy report confirms that the girl was raped before she was killed, said additional commissioner of police (East) Ritesh Kumar.
The building is hardly 10 metres from the Nehru Nagar police station and senior inspector Prakash Kale stays there, an officer said.
This is the second incident of rape and murder of a minor girl in Kurla (East) in a month.The police suspect that both the crimes were committed by the same person/s.A team of five officers has been formed to investigate both the crimes.
The body was discovered around 9.30 on Sunday morning,when the son of a sub-inspector staying in the building went up to the terrace.The boy had gone up to the terrace to dry a mattress when he suddenly saw the body of a girl dumped near the water tank.He rushed downstairs and informed the policemen about the incident and also called us up, said an officer from the Nehru Nagar police station.
Incidentally,around 1 am on Sunday,a resident of a slum near Kurla railway station had lodged a missing persons complaint about his minor daughter.
*Resham* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Hii all...a very Happy Woman's day here...bt as its said is there really a need to just speak for this day....it has to be every day of the woman...right??

Thx Apu fr opening this thread up...m making it sticky fr the day...
mishkil88 thumbnail
Priy Maitrinino, WISH U ALL A VERY HAPPY WOMAN's DAY ! Edited by mishkil88 - 14 years ago
akshay14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wishing You a Very Happy Women's Day !!!
vidya0906 thumbnail

Thank you Mishkil and Akshay for your wishes........😊

By the way, aaj BIG cinemas chi offer aahe for women only.  we can see any movie, any show, any class free of cost....only thing we have to collect the tickets 45 mins before the show....me n my friends are going for Athithi tum kab jaaoge at 4 pm.

vidya0906 thumbnail

Archisa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow Vidyaji, enjoy yourself.......i hope the movie is good...do give us ur comments abt that....

Edited by sony1704 - 14 years ago