Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Request reopening of old FFs here! (Page 6)

Ambrosia IF-Veteran Member
Ambrosia
Ambrosia

*CID banner Contest Winner*

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 12:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shaina_b

But Suhana sometimes we need to post comments and all!!!!Can we not do that just because the fic is closed??The writer may not be online for now!!!!!!

Before also we used to post comments on finished fics!!!!!

We promise we won't get a thread opened to just write update soon but to give serious comments!!!!!

And isn't it better to get a thread closed and later reopened when someone wants to post there than posting update soon just to keep it open?? 

Hi

Well how about you PM your comments to the ff writer for now? We cannot reopen a thread without the approval of the topic starter as she requested the DT to have her ff locked and we need to respect that.

Shaina_b IF-Stunnerz
Shaina_b
Shaina_b

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 12:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ambrosia

Originally posted by Shaina_b

But Suhana sometimes we need to post comments and all!!!!Can we not do that just because the fic is closed??The writer may not be online for now!!!!!!

Before also we used to post comments on finished fics!!!!!

We promise we won't get a thread opened to just write update soon but to give serious comments!!!!!

And isn't it better to get a thread closed and later reopened when someone wants to post there than posting update soon just to keep it open?? 

Hi

Well how about you PM your comments to the ff writer for now? We cannot reopen a thread without the approval of the topic starter as she requested the DT to have her ff locked and we need to respect that.

I am not saying that for fics which were requested to be locked!!!!!

I am only saying that for fics which got closed because of the 3 month rule!!!!!!!I have seen that happen many times that new readers come and comment on it and because of that a fic gets many new readers!!!!!

So my request is only for fics which got closed because of the 3 month rule!!!!!!It isn't good to continuously post update soon just to keep them open!!!!!!

So let them be closed and when someone wants to post something, they be opened again!!!!!!This is also for one-shots!!!!!!

Seriously IF was so much better when I had joined it!!!!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gujunpyoWrackspurt

gujunpyo IF-Sizzlerz
gujunpyo
gujunpyo

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 1:29am | IP Logged
I  agree,old ffs which are completed get closed on their own...new readers wsh to comment as well.not fair..!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bhoomikauttam

bhoomikauttam IF-Dazzler
bhoomikauttam
bhoomikauttam

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 10:42am | IP Logged

I agree here,

I write mostly short stories. I have around 35-36 stories and many of my new stories readers want to go throguh the old ones and read and comment. But they cant becoz of what new rule has been upforth. Writers like me who dont stretch stories for the heck of it and enjoy one shots short stories more.. i use to have readers who woudl read my old ff too one after another and reply ot each ff with their comment. I had very few readers before but now when i see many readers wanting to read my previous ff, it feels bad they cant comment..and most of them spontaniocusly want to reply then n there in the ff rather than Pm after searching the id.. most of silent readers become more silent with this..

the ones who really are forced to comment do Pm or write else where, where they can express their views to me.. rest of them?

I was just puttin gmy point forward and what i have felt.. i do agree unnecessary too many ff which wont be utilised can be clsoed.. but atleast which r gettign so many views be open somehow.. atleast one or two ff i can request to open i know but it sounds weird for me to request all my ff to reopen when they r all complete..

Anyways i can just say what i felt.. rest if this rule stays the same.. nothing i can do accepting it as it is..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

The-chosen-onegujunpyoSunshine GirlWrackspurt

SuhanaSafar IF-Rockerz
SuhanaSafar
SuhanaSafar

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
I understand what you all are saying, but there is no way to distinguish whether a FF was closed because of the three month rule or because the author requested it to be closed.  Also, if I allowed readers to reopen posts, I'm sure I would get way too many requests...more than I can handle.  Give me some time so I can think of a solution.

Shaina, why exactly are you putting multiple exclamation points at the end of each sentence?  It seems like you're yelling at the Dev Team, and I really don't understand why.  Ambrosia was very respectful in the way she stated her suggestion, and I believe she deserves the same kind of respect in return.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ambrosia

Shaina_b IF-Stunnerz
Shaina_b
Shaina_b

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SuhanaSafar

I understand what you all are saying, but there is no way to distinguish whether a FF was closed because of the three month rule or because the author requested it to be closed.  Also, if I allowed readers to reopen posts, I'm sure I would get way too many requests...more than I can handle.  Give me some time so I can think of a solution.

Shaina, why exactly are you putting multiple exclamation points at the end of each sentence?  It seems like you're yelling at the Dev Team, and I really don't understand why.  Ambrosia was very respectful in the way she stated her suggestion, and I believe she deserves the same kind of respect in return.

I am sorry Suhana!!!!You won't believe but when I write an official e-mail I have to backspace exclaimation marks because there also I keep putting it!!!!!

I know yelling is when you put capital letters and I never use that!!!!!!Its just a way of writing!!!!!!Just ignore the exclaimation marks!!!!

And I am always respectful!!!!Trust me I am totally peace loving person and never into fights and stuff!!!!!But if I have to keep backspacing here also then I would have to become inactive as all my time would go in backspacing!!!!!!Ouch Ouch

Suhana I know spamming and writing update soon just to keep a fic open is not good!!!!!Thats why I said whenever someone wants to comment on a fic, she gets it opened!!!!!!

I know you would get tooo many requests but those requests you can do at your own pace!!!!!What to do but the rule??

And yes you also said how to distinuguish!!!!!Well when a fic is closed on request there is a note by the mod who closed it at the end stating that it was closed on request while in the 3 month rule close there is no such thing!!!!!!

I am just saying that if a writer can get a fic opened, even a reader who wants to comment on it should be able to get it opened!!!!Seeing it open may get it new readers and what better than that for the writer!!!!!

In the end this section belongs to both the writer and the readers!!!!!

I believe activity will increase this way!!!!

And Suhana it won't increase that much!!!!It will be like if you get 5 requests now, then you will get 7 or 10 maybe!!!!!!Take your time reopening them!!!!!!

Edited by Shaina_b - 28 April 2010 at 2:26pm
pwincess kanzi IF-Rockerz
pwincess kanzi
pwincess kanzi

Posted: 03 May 2010 at 4:51am | IP Logged
heyy,
i would like 2 request dev team to unlock my FF thread. I noe it was unactive for months, i havn't updated and had been extremely busy 2 even check upon on dat thread. plz cn u unlock it?
here's the link of the thread: 

FF-Silence(BasedOnTrueStory)-KaSh P1-Pg10(3rdSept)

thank you. i would really appricate it.
love kananEmbarrassedBig smile 

Edited by pwincess kanzi - 03 May 2010 at 4:57am
frnd.of.frndz Goldie
frnd.of.frndz
frnd.of.frndz

Posted: 03 May 2010 at 5:44am | IP Logged

Hey.. can you plz unlock these threads of My previous FFs.. Although they're complete now but i just want to edit the First post of each FF with a warning as lately, I;ve seen my FFs been posted at other blogs without my knowlegde so that would just be a warning for the new readers.. Smile

Ankahey Rishtey

My Love My Life

Go to top