Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

India-Forums

AnotherChanceForUs-Prt.7 Updt 1/30 pg16 (Page 4)

AbhiNikiLuver IF-Dazzler
AbhiNikiLuver
AbhiNikiLuver

Posted: 08 March 2010 at 7:55am | IP Logged

I sigh. What am I doing? I had resolved to stay away from him, hadn't I? So what am I doing, sitting in his car, going to some god-forsaken ice-cream place?

Why had he asked me for ice cream in the first place? What does he want to do?

Well, whatever he wants to do, it better be quick, because I have to go pick Amit up from school at 3. I really really hope he doesn't find out about Amit. Because if he does, it's gonna get BAD. And by bad, I mean BAD………

I mean, why wouldn't he be angry! He has every right to…… But then again, I have more right to be angry. He said he would come back, but he didn't.

Arrrrggghhhhh……My life is one BIG mess right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is it so quiet in here? Ohh……because she isn't talking to me…….

God, I'll die if she doesn't say anything……….

I tell myself to talk.

"So……..when did you come?"

She answers politely. "Just a couple of days ago."

Okay, we're here. Thank god……….. We get out and start walking towards the store. The lady asks us what we want. I tell her I want a butter pecan ice-cream (without the cone, of course; I don't know how people can eat that) and I look at Nikki to ask her what she wants.

But the reply shocks me. "I'll have a vanilla, without the cone."

She notices me gaping at her, and questions me with her eyes. I immediately shake my head, denying.

What has happened to her? She hated vanilla. Moreover, she hated any plain or "professional" flavor. She always wanted bubblegum or chocolate swirl fudge with gummy worms – always the kiddie flavors. And she couldn't digest the ice-cream without a cone.

As the lady scoops out our ice-creams, I take a long look at Nikki. Her cheeks and face are pale, she has lost weight, and her eyes lack the luster that they had when she used to be with me. The smile, her bubbliness, her childishness………it's all gone. And I know why.
Because of me.

The lady gives us our treats, and after we thank her, we sit on a bench, overlooking the city.

I need to figure out if there is any chance of her coming back to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I concentrate on my ice-cream. I can feel his eyes on me. As I look up, my breath is caught in my throat. We can see the whole city. It looks so beautiful……….

Suddenly, he talks. I turn to face him, and as I turn, he grasps one of my hands.

"Nikki, how have you been?"

I try to talk, but the intensity in his eyes is making me melt.

"I've been better," I say with a sad smile.

There is silence for a while. Finally, his voice breaks it.

"Nikki. I'm sorry. I meant to come back, you know I did. It's just that……Well, there were a lot of problems, and Maa's condition didn't let me –"

I interrupt him before I melt completely.

"Abhi – It's okay. I know you meant to come back."

That's all I can manage right now. Yeah, right. 'I wanted to come back.' If he did, why did he not come back? He was gone for 4 years. He could have called or atleast sent a letter or even emailed me.

But he didn't.

She had said it was okay, but I know it isn't. Nothing's okay now. But I have to make it right.

I decide to lighten up the atmosphere.

"So," I say, "Have you gotten married?"

She looks at me wistfully.

"No."
She said no. She said no. God, thank you so much for this opportunity. My mind is jumping in excitement. There is a chance for us. This is great………This is GREAT. Fabulous. Mind-blowing. Perfect. Now, I just have to make her fall in love with me again – which shouldn't be too hard, since she did it the first time………Okay, Abhi…Start planning.

She notices me lost in my own land and pulls her hand out of my grip.

Her next line sends my mind reeling.

"I'm haven't gotten married. But," she pauses, then takes a breath, looks into my eyes and whispers, "But…..I have a son."

Edited by AbhiNikiLuver - 09 March 2010 at 2:17pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

angel_subabhilasha_123Aisha202ANfan_1810basket_101hapinezz13aish_punkcherry_an

basket_101 IF-Rockerz
basket_101
basket_101

Posted: 08 March 2010 at 5:34pm | IP Logged
just read the promo and part 1...
=O
I wonder y abhi left nikki..
do update very quickly!!!

HiNaL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AbhiNikiLuver

AbhiNikiLuver IF-Dazzler
AbhiNikiLuver
AbhiNikiLuver

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 7:24am | IP Logged
@Hinal -- Thanks! Yes....Abhi left Nikki..........will update super soon! Thanks!

basket_101

hapinezz13 IF-Sizzlerz
hapinezz13
hapinezz13

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
Nice part....was such a fun read!!
So abhi is thrilled she ain't married and then she drops the bombshell...I love this girl....she should have said he is yours and you better start acting like daddy...right about now!!

anyways....I love the cone...the only part of the ice-cream I do like!! Abhi left her....can't still believe and Nikki....I feel her sadness!!

update soooooooooooooooooooon!!

AbhiNikiLuver

wow123 IF-Rockerz
wow123
wow123

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
Well nice update sheena.

Love the conversation going on inside them.
Loved the icecream parlor scene.Now she used to hav those thing which she hates a most.Ppl actually do that to accept the hard situation whether they like it or not.
Abhi is happy that she is not married.But i don't think she has to told him about that she is unmarried and hav a son.
Actually no women would do that.She alone bring up his son and now some how settled in life with her effort.
Abhi left her for 4 years, its not a short period.Nikki hav to be strong n not let him to interfere in her life so easily.
Sorry.Its my point of view.

Thanks for update.Wait for next.

AbhiNikiLuver

Aisha202 Goldie
Aisha202
Aisha202

Posted: 10 March 2010 at 5:41am | IP Logged
Oh Sheena!!! Hug  You made my day!!! Love this update!!Clap I really love the conversation between Abhi and Niki, kind of awkward, after seeing each other after a long time! OMG and I love Abhi and Niki's thoughts! Especially Abhi's here:

What has happened to her? She hated vanilla. Moreover, she hated any plain or "professional" flavor. She always wanted bubblegum or chocolate swirl fudge with gummy worms – always the kiddie flavors. And she couldn't digest the ice-cream without a cone. Clap Clap Clap

As the lady scoops out our ice-creams, I take a long look at Nikki. Her cheeks and face are pale, she has lost weight, and her eyes lack the luster that they had when she used to be with me. The smile, her bubbliness, her childishness………it's all gone. And I know why.
Because of me.  Cry

His relief when she says she's not married... Clap Awww... can't wait to see his plan to win her love back, although she probably still loves him. WOW, you left us on a cliffhanger! I want to know what his reaction will be and if she will tell him Amit is theirs! Awww - Cute and lovely update sweety, can't wait to read the next part!! Hug

AbhiNikiLuver

AbhiNikiLuver IF-Dazzler
AbhiNikiLuver
AbhiNikiLuver

Posted: 10 March 2010 at 9:08am | IP Logged
@Honey -- Thanks! Yes......Nikki doesn't want to get too comfy with him because she believes that he could trample over her heart again --but isn't that what we're all afraid of when someone leaves us? Like Abhi was at the swimming pool scene in DMG.....he didn't want her to betray him (or so he thought).......
Yup....I love the cone too! As for the update.......coming today!!!

@Shale......Thats my point of view too! As I told Honey, she's scared that if she includes him in their lives, he might go away again and she wont be able to handle that. I had to make Nikki tell him about Amit because he would find out eventually, then he would question her. Rather than that, she figured that if she went ahead and told him she had a son, he wouldnt try to get close to them. But this is Dr. Modi....he's not gonna accept defeat so quickly......Wink

@Aisha -- thanks! Yea, kind of akward seeing the love of your life who left you, after 4 years..........Yes, some people do completely change when their trust is shattered....and Nikki, in this case, found out she was pregnant right after he left, making it hard for her living on her own, without the father of her child........

Thanks guys, for your comments! Next part is coming in a few hours!

Love,
SheenaStar

Aisha202

AbhiNikiLuver IF-Dazzler
AbhiNikiLuver
AbhiNikiLuver

Posted: 10 March 2010 at 9:16am | IP Logged

Hey Guys! In this part, the flashbacks will start… The flashbacks will be in third person, not from AN's POV…..
*************************************************************************************

Her words repeat in my mind.

I have a son.

Wait – is he mine?

No…….probably not. Even if she was carrying my child, she would have aborted it.

Then whose is he? I guess she must have found someone else after me. But why should I care? I left her, didn't I? And I didn't go back for her…….

So, we don't have a chance. Damn. We were probably never meant to be. But if she's not married, then I can still be a part of her life. And her son's…….

I wonder what his name is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, God.

What have I done? I hope he doesn't think that Amit is his.

I can see him thinking over all this in his mind.

God, please please please please please , don't let him find out. I have never asked for anything – well, yes I have, but still….Just don't let him find out.

Flashback:

"Nikki!" Abhi called out.

"Haan?" she replied, while perching on the stool to get the aata from the pantry.

"I'm back!"

"Yes, I can see that" she glared at him. "Now can you please let me make dinner?"

"Sure, when was I stopping you? I was just telling you I was here."

"Yes, you aren't stopping me, but you are blocking my way, so if you would kindly let me pass, you can get some food to eat!"

"But I don't want food to eat, I want to eat you!"

"ABHI!! Stop it, seriously!!!"

"Why?" he asked, hugging her from the back.

"Because I have to cook………" Nikki said, mixing the flour.

"Fine, let's make a deal. If I let you cook right now, you'll give me my dessert afterwards?" he smirked.

"Of course." Nikki replied unknowingly.

"Good." Abhi smiled and let her move out of his grip.

Nikki finished cooking and they ate. When they were finished, Abhi grabbed her around her waist and picked her up.

"Abhi, put me down!" Nikki ordered.

"Kyun? You promised me my dessert!" Abhi replied.

"Yes, I did….But how are you going to eat your dessert if you're carrying me?"

"You promised me dessert……But I didn't specify what kind of dessert ," he whispered seductively in here ear.

Nikki gasped and blushed. Abhi chuckled at her feeble attempts to get out of his arms.

"I'm not putting you down. You promised me dessert, so I am going to have it!" he declared.

Nikki turned red as he carried her upstairs into their room and closed the door.
End of Flashback

I notice Abhi still in his musing.

"Abhi," I shake his hand gently.

He looks at me, brows furrowed. "Yes?"

"Umm……don't you think we should be getting back now?" I suggest, happy to get away from these personal issues.

"Oh, yes……let's go," he gets up and we walk back to the car.

As we sit in the car, I can feel his eyes roving my face, searching for an answer to the inherent question connected to my statement of having a son.

He doesn't ask anything; I don't say anything. We sit quietly until we reach Sanjeevani.

I get out of the car.

"Bye….and thanks."

He looks at me with a troubled look. "Bye," he answers.

Before I can walk away, he says my name.

"Nikki – wait."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should I ask her?

I look into her eyes. She knows I'm about to ask. Her eyes are begging me not to ask her.

But I can't give in. If he is mine, and I let it go, I will be making the biggest mistake of my life. I'm going to ask her. I don't want to lose her again. I have to risk it.

His eyes are searching mine. No, I pray. God, don't let him see the truth…

Finally he asks me.

"Nikki," he says. "Is he mine?"

Edited by AbhiNikiLuver - 26 March 2010 at 12:02pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mitzificationbasket_101kweetrockstar

Go to top